#1 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 17h 41m 12s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

I saw that the entertainment section didn't had a Adele thread. Since I am a huge fan of hers I decided to make one. I really love Adele. She is visceral. Love her Voice, personality, songs, lyrics the whole package.

And you? Do you love her, like her, don't like her, don't care, think she is overrated??

So that's it disscuss Adele here if you want. Just post your thoughts :D

8Elwbwi.jpg

• Your Girl Lana, NEAL and Curtisbype like this

glgcDdT.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Rafael

Rafael

quelle avante-garde!

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 20h 2m 17s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hometown Glory is one of my favorite songs... ever  :lange:  :omg:  :kris:

• NEAL, Viva and Demian like this

EQFO7rX.png

#3 OFFLINE   Demian

Demian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 8h 12m 49s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

I like her.

Her first album was brilliant, but I think '21' is a bit overrated.

Not saying it's bad - I love that record too, but compared to the first album it is.

I don't get it why people all of a sudden hate her.

I mean, I get it, EVERYONE kept posting 'Someone like you' until our ears started to bleed from the song and all the jokes about it, but it's not her fault. I still like her.

And I love her sense of humor. She's so funny without trying to be. 

• NEAL and Viva like this

#4 OFFLINE   Cleopatra

Cleopatra

aquababy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Time Online: 53d 7h 18m 40s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Don't get why she didn't put Painting Pictures in 19. 

I Found A Boy is underrated. 

• Jack and Viva like this
You know, in this town, an artist really needs a lot of space when they’re trying to create something special. A place to cultivate a world of their own, far away from the real world that’s around them. Luckily for me, I live right inside the middle of the “H” of the Hollywood sign, and this is how I spend most of my nights: perched high above the chaos that swirls within the city of angels below. Now don’t get me wrong, I love to dip my toe into the muck and the mires of the city every now and then. Especially on Tuesdays. But truthfully, when I’m in the middle of making a record, especially now when the world is in the middle of such a tumultuous period, I find I really need to take the space for myself far away from real life, to consider what my contribution to the world should be in these dark times. So each morning, I have the luxury of asking myself, 'What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?' Because sometimes, just being pure of heart and having good intentions and letting them be known is the most worthy contribution an artist can make. So, even though these times can feel a little bit crazy, they’re not so very different from what other generations have experienced at one time or another before. Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one, there’s no place I’d rather be than smack-dab in the middle of Holly-weird making this record for you. Because you, and the music, and this place, are my love, my life, my Lust For Life."

#5 OFFLINE   VegasBaby

VegasBaby

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Time Online: 6d 19h 19m 25s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Love her. She deserves any part of the success she's getting. 'Bout time real talent was recognized in the music industry along with Lana.  :yesnod:

• NEAL and Viva like this

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

#6 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Hometown Glory is one of my favorite songs... ever  :lange:  :omg:  :kris:

I also love that song. Reminds me of London so much.

glgcDdT.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Don't get why she didn't put Painting Pictures in 19. 

I Found A Boy is underrated. 

I  don't get why she didn't put it either. :flutter: I love I Found a Boy too. Also Black&Gold, He wont go (one of my favorite's ) and My Same I think are so overrated. I loved that she sang My Same to her BFF on the RAH concert. Such a cute and nice way to pay homage to a friendship.

glgcDdT.gif

#8 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Chance

• OG Moderators
  • 12,200 posts
  • Fan Since:China Palace
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

I love "Hometown Glory", "Right as Rain", and "I Found a Boy".

I admit she got my coins for 21 :xtina:

rcfbjId.png

#9 OFFLINE   Cleopatra

Cleopatra

aquababy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Time Online: 53d 7h 18m 40s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I  don't get why she didn't put it either. :flutter: I love I Found a Boy too. Also Black&Gold, He wont go (one of my favorite's ) and My Same I think are so overrated. I loved that she sang My Same to her BFF on the RAH concert. Such a cute and nice way to pay homage to a friendship.

When I used to fully stan her, I would pretend that she was singing My Same to me since her bff has the same name as me.  :P

Her covers are great, especially Etta James's Fool That I Am 

• Viva likes this
You know, in this town, an artist really needs a lot of space when they’re trying to create something special. A place to cultivate a world of their own, far away from the real world that’s around them. Luckily for me, I live right inside the middle of the “H” of the Hollywood sign, and this is how I spend most of my nights: perched high above the chaos that swirls within the city of angels below. Now don’t get me wrong, I love to dip my toe into the muck and the mires of the city every now and then. Especially on Tuesdays. But truthfully, when I’m in the middle of making a record, especially now when the world is in the middle of such a tumultuous period, I find I really need to take the space for myself far away from real life, to consider what my contribution to the world should be in these dark times. So each morning, I have the luxury of asking myself, 'What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?' Because sometimes, just being pure of heart and having good intentions and letting them be known is the most worthy contribution an artist can make. So, even though these times can feel a little bit crazy, they’re not so very different from what other generations have experienced at one time or another before. Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one, there’s no place I’d rather be than smack-dab in the middle of Holly-weird making this record for you. Because you, and the music, and this place, are my love, my life, my Lust For Life."

#10 OFFLINE   Baby V Alex

Baby V Alex

You betta Work Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • Time Online: 40d 9m 53s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

she is amazing, however, she is overrated

• Viva and Amadeus like this

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

#11 OFFLINE   lola

lola

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Time Online: 39d 7h 45m 19s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

She has an amazing voice but her music just isn't really my thing.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

#12 OFFLINE   Hellion

Hellion

hibras on fleek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 23h 5m 57s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

I love her, but I'm a bit Adeled out tbh. 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

#13 OFFLINE   VegasBaby

VegasBaby

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

she is amazing, however, she is overrated

Not  as overrated as 1D tbh.

I think she's rated fairly based on her talent. She's not in the news apart from when she's releasing music. However, I don't think Skyfall deserved an Oscar.. :eek:

• Viva likes this

#14 ONLINE   Amadeus

Amadeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Time Online: 92d 11h 14m 25s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

i think it's not overrated, the hype was just too big, because her voice is very strong and she's a very talented person, so the people are actually right but it was just to much that she's everywhere (like even the oscars, golden globes...)

#15 OFFLINE   readyforheavensgates

readyforheavensgates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Time Online: 4d 19h 25m 47s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

She has some very powerful songs :flutter:

#16 OFFLINE   ThomasDelRey

ThomasDelRey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Time Online: 1h 58m 5s

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Honestly, I used to like her much more, but now she's over rated for me. I can tell this post is gonna be a rant, so sorry 'bout it.

1 She's a lazy artist. She didn't finish her tour, even though she could have. She only made videos for 2/4 of her singles.

2 Her voice is great, but that's all. People act like she has the voice of a Godess, and I know I might get hate for this, but I think Gaga has a better voice than her. They do have the same amount of control, but Gaga's is more versatile,eccentric, and she has a higher range.

3.After listening to Lana, Adele's music got really boring imo.

#17 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Honestly, I used to like her much more, but now she's over rated for me. I can tell this post is gonna be a rant, so sorry 'bout it.

1 She's a lazy artist. She didn't finish her tour, even though she could have. She only made videos for 2/4 of her singles.

2 Her voice is great, but that's all. People act like she has the voice of a Godess, and I know I might get hate for this, but I think Gaga has a better voice than her. They do have the same amount of control, but Gaga's is more versatile,eccentric, and she has a higher range.

3.After listening to Lana, Adele's music got really boring imo.

:lmao: :lmao: You are so funny :lmao: :lmao:

:smokes: your post is a sarcastic answer right?? :lanasrs:

• Jack and Demian like this

glgcDdT.gif

#18 OFFLINE   MafiosiPrincessa

MafiosiPrincessa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Time Online: 1d 12h 38m 32s

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

:P  i like adele. her voice is nice but her lyrics are nothing too special. definitely agree with those that think she's overrated. 

my top favorite songs:
he wont go, painting pictures, melt my heart to stone

Her collab with Daniel Merriweather is one of the only songs of Adele that I still listen to now. 

Her cover of Cheryl's song "Promise This" is SO GOOD. imo, Adele's version is so much better. Cheryl tried to make this song into some dance tune equipped with crazy choreography that was not matching with the song's intended mood. It's clearly meant to be slowed down and sung soulfully as Adele does: 
Spoiler

Since I used to eagerly watch + read all of her interviews, my ears slowly became adjusted to her rushed way of speaking and heavy cockney accent.    

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

#19 OFFLINE   lola

lola

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Time Online: 39d 7h 45m 19s

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

:drag:

• Viva likes this

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

#20 OFFLINE   VegasBaby

VegasBaby

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Her cover of Cheryl's song "Promise This" is SO GOOD. imo, Adele's version is so much better. Cheryl tried to make this song into some dance tune equipped with crazy choreography that was not matching with the song's intended mood. It's clearly meant to be slowed down and sung soulfully as Adele does:

When I first heard that, I was like :flutter: . She made it sound so etheral.

I know I might get hate for this, but I think Gaga has a better voice than her

:usrsney:

Praying for you.

:pray:

• Viva likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users