Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Sometimes people online act as if Lana lusts after sugardaddies to provide for her but she's never sang or said anything that indicates that. She's only used the word daddy but that doesn't mean anything.

I think she has a few songs with that theme like National Anthem, St. Tropez, Last Girl on Earth, etc.

I am personally fine with Lana omitting Cola from any future setlists. Y'all really get me sometimes with your lack of social awareness and basic empathy. She made a song inspired by a man that ended up having over 80 credible allegations of sexual abuse. The #MeToo movement was literally born from these allegations and y'all have the audacity to complain she's not singing Cola anymore? I just don't really understand a lot of your priorities. God forbid Lana does something right...

Same; though I hope she doesn't do what other artists have done and decides to omit it from future printings of Paradise/The Paradise Edition. That said, I can't believe the same woman performs Florida Kilos, which is no better. (I love FK, so I'm not complaining)

giphy.gif

Sometimes people online act as if Lana lusts after sugardaddies to provide for her but she's never sang or said anything that indicates that.

"I know I go-go dance but I do it for kicks

I never have to work cause my daddy is rich"

Her family is wealthy why would she ever want a middle aged man to provide for her? If she was that desperate she'd just ask for help

RZ9ek_s-200x150.gif

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

The bitch is lucky that I adore her and the music so much, but I'm never someone to blindly stan an artist, so I noticed that since the festival tour before L4L until now she has been really "lazy" during her shows. I know that no one outside the business can imagine the work, exhaustion and other problems that artists have to go through while touring, but does that justify anything? I feel like (or rather saw it myself during Lolla and LA To The Moon) she's not really singing the majority of her songs anymore, her backing vocals are extremely loud and she lets fan decide what songs to sing that she doesn't remember much of the lyrics from, meaning: less singing... again.

This might be just a phase but I'd love to see her as a vocalist again. Because one of the reason I fell in love with her, was because of what she was capable to do with her voice live. The ad lips, the improvisation.

I love the masterpiece that is Dark Paradise and it does not deserves any hate

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Someone mentioned about not thinking that L4L is that "messy" and I find it pretty "cohesive" and I totally agree even if it' just us nn.

It starts with the "pop-iest" songs aka Love\L4L\13 Beaches\White Mustang\Cherry, it really goes into the trap zone for Cherry\Summer Bummer\Groupie Love\In My Feelings\Coachella and then it goes for the full "folk-acoustic-inspired" songs for the rest. And I think Get Free kinda goes back to where the album starts. I really think all the songs work at the tracklist, Xpecially Coachella. The outro is just gorgeous and it's just beautiful as the rest of the second part of the album....

-

Also probably already mentioned but once again: I loved this tour, I love the dancers and the choreo. It was all just... pure magic. It really brings something new to her table, got me thinking of when people used to say that her "music is so slow and sleepy".

People talking about her vocals... I feel a bit skeptical about it because the choreo at least serves as a "excuse" to why getting messy sometimes, but I don't think her live vocals were... ever...next to 100% at all. Not during Paradise or Endless Summer for sure. Of Course there was a few times where she really killed performing some random song or really did well but it's not like her live vocal is her top-notch-reason-to-stan-her. But I'm not saying they're bad!!!! hahahahahahahaha.

Back for the choreo, watching her moving on White Mustang... it was just a really stupid move but she was looking so happy for doing that and I got to admitt that... it was sexy. It was just really sexy and... it worked so well even thought it was so silly. Feels so much better than to imagine herself standing there, static, singing the song just to put the vocals live.

Lust for Life (the song) wouldn't work as well as it does without the Weeknd. It such a great representation of the evolution of both artists.

Hearing Abel from the dark place that was House of Balloons, where he was a womanizer, not caring and unconfident behind that bad ass persona he always tried to show to the caring and love-aching persona (sometimes) of Starboy, and Lana being able to leave her self destructive ways from BTD to finally understand how beautiful life is ( :creep: ) and even lusting for it, it just feels right, this collab feels right.

My god their minds.  :air: plus the instrumental is really pretty.

8nl2OpX.png

The bitch is lucky that I adore her and the music so much, but I'm never someone to blindly stan an artist, so I noticed that since the festival tour before L4L until now she has been really "lazy" during her shows. I know that no one outside the business can imagine the work, exhaustion and other problems that artists have to go through while touring, but does that justify anything? I feel like (or rather saw it myself during Lolla and LA To The Moon) she's not really singing the majority of her songs anymore, her backing vocals are extremely loud and she lets fan decide what songs to sing that she doesn't remember much of the lyrics from, meaning: less singing... again.

This might be just a phase but I'd love to see her as a vocalist again. Because one of the reason I fell in love with her, was because of what she was capable to do with her voice live. The ad lips, the improvisation.

I get so terrified when i see posts like this cause im just like "goddamn it im gonna agree with this aren't i"

p.s. I do

I wouldn't mind if Jack Antonoff produced LDR6.

In fact, when masterpieces like New York and Smoking Section exist, I think it would bring a new dynamic to the music!

Also, if the Marina collab is happening (PLEASE GOD, LET IT HAPPEN), I think Jack Antonoff would be able to tie their styles together well.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I love the masterpiece that is Dark Paradise and it does not deserves any hate

The final version is ok, but now that I know the unreleased versions, I don't think I appreciate the album version as much as I did before. Plus, I think I overlistened it back in the day.

I get so terrified when i see posts like this cause im just like "goddamn it im gonna agree with this aren't i"

p.s. I do

Yeah, of course you do! Those word are not coming from a place of shade or hate. It's a simple fact that we all have to open our eyes to.

Her performances are NOT the same anymore. Let's go ahead, be optimistic and say "for the moment".

If I look back for example at some Paradise tour shows I can only roll my eyes at the LA To The Moon Tour, as much as I love the visuals and some versions of the setlist.

Since she started her festival tour in 2016 she is not the same performer.

Too bad, that her last live quality peak was the Endless Summer Tour  :creep:

And maybe some festival dates here and there.

Yeah, of course you do! Those word are not coming from a place of shade or hate. It's a simple fact that we all have to open our eyes to.

Her performances are NOT the same anymore. Let's go ahead, be optimistic and say "for the moment".

If I look back for example at some Paradise tour shows I can only roll my eyes at the LA To The Moon Tour, as much as I love the visuals and some versions of the setlist.

Since she started her festival tour in 2016 she is not the same performer.

Too bad, that her last live quality peak was the Endless Summer Tour  :creep:

And maybe some festival dates here and there.

Yes, I feel like she has become too comfortable and isn't going as much out of her comfort zone anymore, which loses a lot of the original magic of her live performances. Sometimes I wish she would go back and watch some of her old shows and compare them to now. Maybe she is getting burnt out? Idk.

Not to say that LA to the Moon didn't have great moments, because it did. My favorite parts were Pretty When You Cry and Yayo.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Yes, I feel like she has become too comfortable and isn't going as much out of her comfort zone anymore, which loses a lot of the original magic of her live performances. Sometimes I wish she would go back and watch some of her old shows and compare them to now. Maybe she is getting burnt out? Idk.

Not to say that LA to the Moon didn't have great moments, because it did. My favorite parts were Pretty When You Cry and Yayo.

I wonder about that actually. If it has to do with her energy and health in general. I mean, she hasn't stopped touring for some years now and she did quite some promotion last year. But I can't picture her getting burnt out. She seems in control of her career and time mostly. That's why she's the artist she is. As Adele once said "just putting out music and letting it be what it is".

And I agree that LA To The Moon did have amazing moments we will remember for quite some time. But the impact of those has changed since the BTD Era. I mean already people are not even talking about the Endless Summer Tour (probably because it never got out of the USA) or the festival dates before L4L.

I actually think she did get out of her comfort zone with this tour, adding the dancers, the choreography and all the different elements to her shows now, unlike her older shows where she was just standing and walking across the stage. I do think  she's pretty comfortable and can sometimes come off as lazy, but at the same time, there's not really much that she can expand on, like, there is not much ''out of your comfort zone'' that she can explore for her performances and her shows anymore...We don't want a full dance off and stuff, 'cause she would need to sacrifice her singing a bit (which she already did only by adding small movements, OTTR I'm looking directly at you, honey), and that would suck. As for her ''magic'' I agree that it's fading a little, but that's just because Lana is changing as a person and because she's evolving. Her artistry pretty much stays the same, but expressed much differently now. And I really don't think she's getting burnt out, she definetly loves doing what she does and she still writes like crazy and she wants to continue touring in the future.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I actually think she did get out of her comfort zone with this tour, adding the dancers, the choreography and all the different elements to her shows now, unlike her older shows where she was just standing and walking across the stage. I do think  she's pretty comfortable and can sometimes come off as lazy, but at the same time, there's not really much that she can expand on, like, there is not much ''out of your comfort zone'' that she can explore for her performances and her shows anymore...We don't want a full dance off and stuff, 'cause she would need to sacrifice her singing a bit (which she already did only by adding small movements, OTTR I'm looking directly at you, honey), and that would suck. As for her ''magic'' I agree that it's fading a little, but that's just because Lana is changing as a person and because she's evolving. Her artistry pretty much stays the same, but expressed much differently now. And I really don't think she's getting burnt out, she definetly loves doing what she does and she still writes like crazy and she wants to continue touring in the future.

Definitely agreeing with the first part. I super quickly fell in love with the dancers and the little dance moves.

I probably should have said vocally out of her comfort zone. Like, I would love to see her have another performance similar to her Heart Shaped Box performances.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I probably should have said vocally out of her comfort zone. Like, I would love to see her have another performance similar to her Heart Shaped Box performances.

oooh yeah, I definetly agree on that part...Those are the type of vocals that I truly die for from Lana. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***