Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

tumblr_inline_otv0ygL5bD1ufejgp_540.gif

I really really miss Lana's glamorous side. It's what drew me to her. I'm not saying she isn't beautiful now, but I do think she's become kinda lazy with her appearance. Like I get sometimes celebrities can't be bothered to dress up because they're tired from touring and whatnot, but I just miss the way she used to look. It's not just about looks either, it was her whole persona of Lana Del Rey.

I know she's still herself and she's grown up a lot, but being glamorous doesn't show immaturity either. I really feel like Lana has tried to play it safe not just with her lyrics, but with her appearance too lately.

And with Lana becoming more of a feminist, maybe she feels like she needs to 'toughen up' her appearance in order for people to take her more seriously these days. Goodbye fake nails, goodbye long flowing curls and high heels.

I know overall people like to change themselves, and that's good and it's healthy and I'm not bashing Lana for it either. Maybe it's just nostalgia that's making me write all of this out, idk.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lust For Life is a decent song. I think the Weeknd and the Max Martin involvement kinda turned me off at first (him reworking the chorus ect), but it really isn't a bad song. Still really want the demo, though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I'm super confused at the attitude floating in the NFR thread. Before LFL release everyone was saying it would be her best album, it would top UV and HM, it was so fresh and new, sure we had some reserves but we were still super excited with the sound, and a year after release everyone's bashing it so hard, it's the worst thing she has ever done. I don't get it and I don't like it. I'm 1000% all for being super excited for NFR, I'm the first one to be, but don't trash on everything you said a year later. It's ugly.

ZKcaooE.png

she's grown up a lot, but being glamorous doesn't show immaturity either. I really feel like Lana has tried to play it safe not just with her lyrics, but with her appearance too lately.

And with Lana becoming more of a feminist, maybe she feels like she needs to 'toughen up' her appearance in order for people to take her more seriously these days. Goodbye fake nails, goodbye long flowing curls and high heels.

I'm not sure if Lana is feeling this or not, no way to tell, but I agree, I've seen a lot of people have this mentality and it just really sucks and seems counterproductive. Someone can be just as strong and determined and focused wearing basic t-shirts and jeans and no makeup as they can wearing more fashion/glamour/accessories. I hope Lana isn't feeling that sort of pressure and is just allowing herself to change based on how she's feeling inside instead of what she thinks others want or expect of her now that she's dipping into more of the political/social consciousness landscape. 

I think this will be lanas worst album I'm feeling disconnected to every song with only happiness and how to dissappear giving me some faith in the project, although I loved white mustang based on the snippet and when I listened to the full I hated it and loved summer bummer which I hated based on the snippet so I'm gonna wait until the album comes out to judge.

her back up dancers are annoying. in the HIAB video they're literally so extra its like they planned to look at the camera the same time as each other. and the faces they make at the camera literally make me uncomfortable? and the way they talk and act just make them seem like try hards even if you go on their on instagram. they just rub me the wrong way.

giphy.gif

I love the dancers, I love LFL, the record and song, love all the feautres and I do believe that the songs wouldn't be as good without the features (except Groupie Love).

8nl2OpX.png

her back up dancers are annoying. in the HIAB video they're literally so extra its like they planned to look at the camera the same time as each other. and the faces they make at the camera literally make me uncomfortable? and the way they talk and act just make them seem like try hards even if you go on their on instagram. they just rub me the wrong way.

I don't like them either. They are so distracting live! Wish she'd get rid of them.

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

I don't like them either. They are so distracting live! Wish she'd get rid of them.

This. Lana herself is enough and I wish she would realize that. But she seems too close to Ashley and Alex so get rid of them now so meh

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I love the dancers, I love LFL, the record and song, love all the feautres and I do believe that the songs wouldn't be as good without the features (except Groupie Love).

Groupie Love is the only song I really remember off the album besides LFL and White Mustang.... it was a cute song.

I really didn't like Lust For Life the album.

i fucking hate this photoshoot i don't care 

tumblr_ozb6i4TMXl1r9ih9zo1_500.jpg

off topic: is there a thread documenting lana's potential surgical procedures or like a thread of gossip about them? i only thought she had lip fillers but everyone thinks more so i want to know why and see the differences

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking