Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I think Honeymoon is a solid, charming album but not exactly a masterpiece. There’s nothing particularly groundbreakaing about the songwriting/lyrics/production that makes it a game changer like UV. I would’ve liked for the sound to have been even more experimental and unconventional. A stronger blend of that vintage production mixed with even more futuristic/electronic sound effects (Jamie xx, Oneohtrix Point Never, etc.) could’ve been super innovative. Probably would’ve been my favorite album to date.

Still love the classic sound of songs like 24 and Religion though.

Also why didn’t she end this album with her cover of The Good Life, that would’ve been beyond perfect.

How To Diarrhea has awful lyrics. In fact nothing she's teased has been anything special thus far from a lyrical point of view.

She needs to stop acting like she's some vagabond poet/the second coming of Leonard Cohen and start focusing on improving the lazy autopilot mode she's gotten comfortable with. 

Lyfe is hard with two catz in the yard  :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

How To Diarrhea has awful lyrics. In fact nothing she's teased has been anything special thus far from a lyrical point of view.

She needs to stop acting like she's some vagabond poet/the second coming of Leonard Cohen and start focusing on improving the lazy autopilot mode she's gotten comfortable with. 

:creep: I will admit that when I first heard it I thought the lyrics were a little cringey but the song as a whole isn't bad

How to disappear is one of the greatest protest songs of all time.

Shows how the pitiful deplorable trump man seethes with self-pity, stupidty, and total lack of being able to get it up both proverbially and in their general life, totally

pathetic losers and pathos

And probably the Apple version is the one that she will sing with just piano (hopefully better than the hack (LOL) that was there)

Where was Byron @itsMr_Thomas

but if not Byron, one dream that Lana & Elton were to duet on this

the suite of the 3 songs so far are amazing. And 100% Lana. Jack should be happy he is along for the ride. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

24 & BPBP are masterpieces and highlights in her discography

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

24 & BPBP are masterpieces and highlights in her discography

Only people with taste can see past the disappointing production of the album version and appreciate that song for what it really is. I think it could’ve been one of her best songs to date it was given the right production and not the snoozefest we got.

I personally liked the lyrics but honestly? Fair enough.  I've noticed she's gotten lazy with a lot of her lyrics lately.  I think she could be one of the defining artists of our time if she really tried.  

giphy.gif

Ultraviolence is amazing until MPG and is  super front-loaded. The second half is some of her worst work (MPG-G&R) evoking zero emotion and drab imagery that is alost too cliche for her lyrics. Florida Kilos saves the second half.

I have only recently got into MPG, I used to not think much of it and then for a long time never listened to it but like 3 weeks ago I added it into my Lana playlist and put it in order so it goes  > Religion > Salvatore > MPG > FMWUTTT and have been listening to those 4 songs on repeat a lot. I think they lyrically don't really tell good stories or have a lot of depth or emotion or anything in them but they are really nice to listen to and have a good vibe to them and they go well together to me. I have probably listened to MPG more times in October than I did in total before

I personally liked the lyrics but honestly? Fair enough.  I've noticed she's gotten lazy with a lot of her lyrics lately.  I think she could be one of the defining artists of our time if she really tried.  

she's the voice of a generation

giphy.gif

I wanna get this off my chest... the 2017 Complex Magazine photo shoot was not that great. And I think black wavy hair ages her/is not flattering on her.

I agree with you about the black hair. It looks terrible on her skin tone. Light Brown is okay and the color she had during Born To Die (reddish honey?) was gorgeous on her. Ombre looks good on her too but black hair fully is difficult to pull off for many people. For Lana it makes her look older and even adds weight to her face. 

I agree with you about the black hair. It looks terrible on her skin tone. Light Brown is okay and the color she had during Born To Die (reddish honey?) was gorgeous on her. Ombre looks good on her too but black hair fully is difficult to pull off for many people. For Lana it makes her look older and even adds weight to her face.

Omg thank god I'm not the only one. Lol I think it's because Lana has a warm skin tone. Oh, and that reminds me, the really light platinum blonde she had during her Lizzy Grant days also had a harsh effect on her face, whereas the blonde she had back in 2016 looked much better on her and she looked more youthful because it was a warmer/brownish blonde. So it could be her skin tone for the reason why the auburn/warm brown looked best on her like you said. The 2016 blonde is under appreciated!

Omg thank god I'm not the only one. Lol I think it's because Lana has a warm skin tone. Oh, and that reminds me, the really light platinum blonde she had during her Lizzy Grant days also had a harsh effect on her face, whereas the blonde she had back in 2016 looked much better on her and she looked more youthful because it was a warmer/brownish blonde. So it could be her skin tone for the reason why the auburn/warm brown looked best on her like you said. The 2016 blonde is under appreciated!

I love 2009/2010 blonde Lizzy/Lana. Her blonde hair looked stunning during this time. And I also liked her natural blonde hair she had when she was in her teens. But her 2005-2008/9 blonde era was lowkey awful (sorry!)

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.