Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I'm glad that Lana and Jack made a song that they enjoy but HIADT was a bad single choice. I appreciate the song but I would've liked it more if it was a surprise left for the record (and if it stayed Sylvia because wtf is that long ass title)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Lana Del Rey owes us nothing.

Celebrities owe us nothing, but if you can see how history has turned out, that statement means nothing. People have died from the public wanting too much from them, and it won't stop. So it's not that Lana owes us nothing, it's that the idea and framework around how people treat fame is fucked up as a whole and society needs to reconsider.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I am excited about NFR and I have nothing to complain about atm. Im satisfied and am going in with no expectations besides something cool. And that's not very difficult for Lana

It may be to do with so many of my other fave artists releasing this year that I'm not totally in a dry spell this time and therefore not looking into every single detail and assumption like I did with LFL

Like I've got so much to actually look forward to in music, movies and TV that I'm just not able to keep up with anything and it's making me happier and more content with the pace of things 'taking longer'. It's teaching me a lesson to stop spoiling things for myself.

Idk where else to write this but I miss when stanning Lana was actually fun. Even though the LFL era could have been better, I remember being so excited and positive about the whole thing. Lately it's hard to be excited about anything because she herself is kind of brushing off her art like it doesn't mean that much to her. I mean yeah she is excited about the poetry book but she forgets that she was always a visual artist. Why is she abandoning that side of things? Remember when she said she wanted to live her life like a work of art? I'm sorry but where is the art? Perhaps as a fandom we have been too used to consistent releases... but idk... this just doesn't feel the same

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

God. Hi. I'm new, and a hater:

I can't stand the dancers. Never will. What's up with them? It annoys me so much, they add absolutely nothing to her and it make a no sense to have them there... those moves are always so awkward. And I know you can dance to her songs, it's possible... but WHY?? I can't believe it! If they were at least back up SINGERS like that's even more fitting that just teo girls dropping on the floor during cherry with a turned off microphone. I hope she ends it soon bc it's annoyed me so much. Ultimate cringe.

Also hate p much all her performances from the l4l era. Wish she'd sing for once. Also, l4l is a forgettable act. Not even the best songs are that good.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Not necessarily unpopular but I don't believe that the Video Games MV was 100% spontaneous.

She looks a bit more "done up" than her other homemade music videos and the editing seems a bit more "careful" as well. I definitely feel like her management/label was involved to a certain degree. But that's just basic marketing. Including more shots of her looking gorgeous is obviously going to catch more attention than a genuine, unprepared everyday look.

Don't know why some equate this with a lack of artistry though. She has been doing videos like this for years, don't know what's so bad about refining your craft but okay.

Not necessarily unpopular but I don't believe that the Video Games MV was 100% spontaneous.

She looks a bit more "done up" than her other homemade music videos and the editing seems a bit more "careful" as well. I definitely feel like her management/label was involved to a certain degree. But that's just basic marketing. Including more shots of her looking gorgeous is obviously going to catch more attention than a genuine, unprepared everyday look.

Don't know why some equate this with a lack of artistry though. She has been doing videos like this for years, don't know what's so bad about refining your craft but okay.

vg final video isn't the original first version she made, the one that's up on her vevo is heavily edited and had a bunch of footage replaced because they (obviously) couldn't optain the rights to all the clips

although i don't think she's much more done up than what she used to wear at that time, NA being a good example of something that comes from around the same time. both are very different with their various outfits and different locations to let's say.. idk diet mtn dew or other much earlier works

i76mrxw.png 

vg final video isn't the original first version she made, the one that's up on her vevo is heavily edited and had a bunch of footage replaced because they (obviously) couldn't optain the rights to all the clips

although i don't think she's much more done up than what she used to wear at that time, NA being a good example of something that comes from around the same time. both are very different with their various outfits and different locations to let's say.. idk diet mtn dew or other much earlier works

The explosion during the intro of the original version always sends me

But yeah, I see what you mean. NA isn't that far off in terms of styling but this look/shot makes me really suspicious for some reason. It just looks a bit more 'planned' in my eyes.

giphy.gif

Edit: I forgot how amazing she looks in this MV

Beauty :defeated:

Do you think that the reason Lana doesn't wear makeup or do any type of hair care, is because of that guy she's dating? I had a used to have a friend that always had cute makeup looks and wore cute outfits suddenly quit. I asked her why, and she told me her boyfriend liked the natural look and did't let her wear makeup or tight clothes. I feel like her recent lack of anything beauty related, is a out of character. She always looked nice in the past, and put a lot of effort into her appearance. She doesn't even seem to wear light, natural looking makeup. Just bare faced. Her hair also looks very dry and straw like. She doesn't seem to like taking anytime for self-care. Just wondering if you guys think it's the guy she's dating is controlling or if she's going through a deep depression? A lot of abusive men have issues with their girlfriends looking pretty, because they're insecure.

Do you think that the reason Lana doesn't wear makeup or do any type of hair care, is because of that guy she's dating? I had a used to have a friend that always had cute makeup looks and wore cute outfits suddenly quit. I asked her why, and she told me her boyfriend liked the natural look and did't let her wear makeup or tight clothes. I feel like her recent lack of anything beauty related, is a out of character. She always looked nice in the past, and put a lot of effort into her appearance. She doesn't even seem to wear light, natural looking makeup. Just bare faced. Her hair also looks very dry and straw like. She doesn't seem to like taking anytime for self-care. Just wondering if you guys think it's the guy she's dating is controlling or if she's going through a deep depression? A lot of abusive men have issues with their girlfriends looking pretty, because they're insecure.

We can't know for sure what's going on inside her head or her heart, but I do believe she's depressed. I hope she isn't, but I can feel it. Thinking she's happy because she's smiling or laughing with her friends is a bit...short-sighted? Depression doesn't take away your ability to momentarily experience and/or display joy. She's not in a good place and it shows. It's very common in people who struggle with depression to give up on their appearance, and feel too drained to make an effort for anything. It would explain a lot...

At the same time, it's really frustrating how society expects women to put on makeup to look "presentable". As someone who wears a full face of makeup to go to the freakin supermarket, I can tell you, that shit takes time. It takes effort. I do it because I like it, but I know that for many women it feels like a chore. Not everyone is a makeup enthusiast. Maybe being bare faced makes her feel free.

That said, you definitely bring up an interesting point that I hadn't even considered. It's true that many fucking psychopaths men approach beautiful, beautifully made up & well dressed women, with the intention of slowly tearing down their confidence and brainwashing them into giving up on their appearance. It's fucked, and I see it all the time. The fact that Lana tends to date homely losers average looking men who are less successful than her, makes this entirely possible. I really hope it's not what's going on though, she deserves so much better than this :(

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I have a few :P

- Honeymoon is better than UV. LFL and BTD are also better than UV. I still love UV though, its just my least favourite.

- Lust for life would have been better without tomorrow never came, groupie love, in my feelings, and with a solo version of summer bummer, best American record, and roses bloom for you as an interlude.

- Without You and Lucky Ones are amazing songs.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I have a few :P

- Honeymoon is better than UV. LFL and BTD are also better than UV. I still love UV though, its just my least favourite.

- Without You and Lucky Ones are amazing songs.

I agree to both but the first one to an extent. I really dislike L4L. Lol. But if it didn't exist, UV would be my least liked. To me it's Honeymoon, Born To Die, Ultraviolence and then L4L. 

Anyways, I'm gonna extend on that opinion: it's underwhelming. Not even the best songs are that good. I don't hate it but... yeah. I think the only songs that have aged nicely since 2017 are TNC,  Change and BPBP.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

I agree to both but the first one to an extent. I really dislike L4L. Lol. But if it didn't exist, UV would be my least liked. To me it's Honeymoon, Born To Die, Ultraviolence and then L4L. 

Anyways, I'm gonna extend on that opinion: it's underwhelming. Not even the best songs are that good. I don't hate it but... yeah. I think the only songs that have aged nicely since 2017 are TNC,  Change and BPBP.

I agree with all of this

ok...imma say it...

Lana's longest songs per album (Off To The Races, Cruel World, The Blackest Day, Heroin) are her best songs but Venice Bitch broke that chain. (unless, somehow, there's a song longer than VB on NFR)

tumblr_o5nheckEMw1qe7ji8o6_r1_250.gif

ok...imma say it...

Lana's longest songs per album (Off To The Races, Cruel World, The Blackest Day, Heroin) are her best songs but Venice Bitch broke that chain. (unless, somehow, there's a song longer than VB on NFR)

tumblr_o5nheckEMw1qe7ji8o6_r1_250.gif

THANK YOU

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Lana’s writing works better as songs... not poetry. At least the style she’s going for now (her writing became more simple during UV). I don’t like any of the poems she’s shared and wish she’d focus more on her music. I prefer Florence Welch’s style of writing- don’t kill me, but I’ve been spoiled with her Useless Magic book and Lana’s poetry book feels like a weak attempt at duplicating that.

Lana’s writing works better as songs... not poetry. At least the style she’s going for now (her writing became more simple during UV). I don’t like any of the poems she’s shared and wish she’d focus more on her music. I prefer Florence Welch’s style of writing- don’t kill me, but I’ve been spoiled with her Useless Magic book and Lana’s poetry book feels like a weak attempt at duplicating that.

The stuff Lana has shared so far is so bad i didn't even want to comment on it i- 

so cringe, a kii

i76mrxw.png 

In My Feelings is in my top 3 from LFL

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You