Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

She hasn't written a truly great song in around 4-5 years. Sure, there have been good songs, but none have been great. Everything just feels like a failed attempt at recreating past themes she once perfected. I still have hope for her, and I'll probably keep supporting her music, but I'm so bored by everything she's released the past for years that I doubt I'll ever love a new song again. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

ok...imma say it...

Lana's longest songs per album (Off To The Races, Cruel World, The Blackest Day, Heroin) are her best songs but Venice Bitch broke that chain. (unless, somehow, there's a song longer than VB on NFR)

tumblr_o5nheckEMw1qe7ji8o6_r1_250.gif

Taste!! Except I do think VB lived up to the rest, just maybe last on the list

In My Feelings is in my top 3 from LFL

They should have made In My Feelings a single. Would have done better then White Mustang. 

Lana’s writing works better as songs... not poetry. At least the style she’s going for now (her writing became more simple during UV). I don’t like any of the poems she’s shared and wish she’d focus more on her music. I prefer Florence Welch’s style of writing- don’t kill me, but I’ve been spoiled with her Useless Magic book and Lana’s poetry book feels like a weak attempt at duplicating that.

I LOVE Florence's poetry book. The work inside is gorgeous and the way she pulled it off aesthetically is wonderful. 

If Lana is self publishing I imagine she won't do too much to make it look appealing. A white cover with the title of the book and the poems insides with no photos. 

I prefer the radio mix of West Coast to the album/single version :O

Also I love all the Honeymoon artwork and visuals + The LFL visuals and artwork (besides the white mustang video which is out of place and the cover for summer bummer which I really hate?)

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Honestly, I am ready for my upcoming crucifixion for this post, but here goes..

I get this is a public forum where we can post our opinions, whether they are positive or negative. However, I feel recently there has been unnecessary criticism towards Lana. This includes her recent BUKU performance - I don't see why what she wears and how much make-up she puts on matters so much, and of course her setlist is going to be less stan-friendly (because she is rightly tailoring it for a festival). As well as this, other areas seem to receive so much backlash at the moment, and I really struggle to understand why, e.g., her poetry, her friends, her instagram posts, her current lifestyle (excluding hillsong of course), her appearance when in public as well as on stage, her vocals on stage (I personally think they are still brilliant, but we struggle to notice this because the playback is too loud), etc. Firstly, if we only focus on the negative, then that is all we are going to see. Secondly, do all these things that we are criticising really matter? Why do we care so much about what she wears, or what instagram filter she uses, or that she likes to attend yoga and drink matcha tea? We are all here because we have a special connection to Lana and her music (I am assuming), and that seems to be lost for a lot of people here. I think we need to take a step back, let Lana be herself and live her life without so much judgement, and be more accepting/forgiving/tolerating as a fan base. Once we do that, there will be a happier fan base who can fall back in love with Lana again (for those who may have lost their connection, as I notice quite a few members seem to feel this way).

Anyway, thank you for coming to my TEDtalk. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Honestly, I am ready for my upcoming crucifixion for this post, but here goes..

I get this is a public forum where we can post our opinions, whether they are positive or negative. However, I feel recently there has been unnecessary criticism towards Lana. This includes her recent BUKU performance - I don't see why what she wears and how much make-up she puts on matters so much, and of course her setlist is going to be less stan-friendly (because she is rightly tailoring it for a festival). As well as this, other areas seem to receive so much backlash at the moment, and I really struggle to understand why, e.g., her poetry, her friends, her instagram posts, her current lifestyle (excluding hillsong of course), her appearance when in public as well as on stage, her vocals on stage (I personally think they are still brilliant, but we struggle to notice this because the playback is too loud), etc. Firstly, if we only focus on the negative, then that is all we are going to see. Secondly, do all these things that we are criticising really matter? Why do we care so much about what she wears, or what instagram filter she uses, or that she likes to attend yoga and drink matcha tea? We are all here because we have a special connection to Lana and her music (I am assuming), and that seems to be lost for a lot of people here. I think we need to take a step back, let Lana be herself and live her life without so much judgement, and be more accepting/forgiving/tolerating as a fan base. Once we do that, there will be a happier fan base who can fall back in love with Lana again (for those who may have lost their connection, as I notice quite a few members seem to feel this way).

Anyway, thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.

girl like it's all because of delayed album/no news 

so her every action is under intense criticism atm 

everyone's ready to drag her 

if she were to release the album by now with a proper era planned in advance everyone would be much more positive & happy

regardless the performance would still get dragged cause it's lazy but everyone would not be waiting ready to attack her every move

I get annoyed with everyone asking for collabs with every single artist. Lana collabs rarely sound very good.

This happens with SOOOOO many artists it’s ridiculous. People will legitimately say ‘Lana and Charli collab!’ with their whole chest and not even STOP to think about how that would work lmfao..

girl like it's all because of delayed album/no news 

so her every action is under intense criticism atm 

everyone's ready to drag her 

if she were to release the album by now with a proper era planned in advance everyone would be much more positive & happy

regardless the performance would still get dragged cause it's lazy but everyone would not be waiting ready to attack her every move

I understand that this album cycle has been frustrating, but I still don't think that makes it okay to judge her every move. And if we were not so quick to make negative judgements, maybe people would be happier and more accepting. I get what you are saying though. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

This happens with SOOOOO many artists it’s ridiculous. People will legitimately say ‘Lana and Charli collab!’ with their whole chest and not even STOP to think about how that would work lmfao..

As soon as I see Charli, Billie eilish and Ariana collab hopes/requests, I actually wanna kms.

But when I see really thoughtful descriptions of how Lanas sound could work with people like The Neighborhood, Bat for Lashes, Father John Misty (and in SOME cases Marina though I still don't know about that), then I know it's coming from a good place, not just " I stan these two, so Collab!! "

Plus, I think Lana's best collabs would be with people she's already mentioned as liking and is on friendly terms with. You can tell she loves the music of those people and that she would really put effort into connecting with them if a song was to come out of it.

i feel like 'lana del rey' is just the persona to fit in with all the musicians in nyc and now she's back to lizzy or elizabeth or whatever and is back to the rich girl boarding school aesthetic and i'm bored

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

i feel like 'lana del rey' is just the persona to fit in with all the musicians in nyc and now she's back to lizzy or elizabeth or whatever and is back to the rich girl boarding school aesthetic and i'm bored

Can't unsee this now

Emile Haynie needed to RELAX with all the "atmospheric" additions to BTD/Paradise

That echo thing thats in MDM, BV, uk the noise

the crowd cheering, the "GO" sample

1 or two songs is okay but not the whole fuckin album

it's like RedOne with that fuckin horn that plagues 90% of The Fame

negAbhB.png

I still want her to work with Giorgio Moroder and record a sensual, sexy banger (or even a whole album).

This sounds like a potential masterpiece ugh  :defeated:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Lust For Life (song) is amazing and the gays that dislike it do so because they’re lame lol jk. But it is an amazing song. I will never understand why people don’t like it. Which is fine, but I hate when people trash people for liking it and call it garbage and make it seem like their opinion is fact.

I hope not to sound like a typical *triggered* person but when she released that teaser for Lust For Life, it kind of bothered me when she said "in these dark times" in allusion to Trump's election. As if the world revolved around the USA (it does in a way, but you get what I mean) and other people didn't already live in dark times in their "shithole countries". People who equate Trump becoming a president to the end of the world sound sheltered to me.

Lana lost her touch with writing. The lyrics this era lack the charm and genious that her songs usually have. Maybe she was too engaged with her poetry (which I don't like that much either) at the time of writing and transfered some of that to the songs, but her lyrics have been subpar and Hope literally looks like a Lana Del Rey parody. She should really take a five years break after this album so she can fall in love with her music, her writing and her artistry again since she clearly doesn't give a fuck about none of that at the moment. She wants to be a instagram baddie? That's fine by me but become an instagram baddie full time and enjoy it to the fullest, and when she really wants to pay attention and create music again then she can come back. If she doesn't take care whe will become a Weezer kind of artist who's not taken seriously by anyone (fans and media alike) and look like a joke compared to what they used to be.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains