cherryblossoms

Beautiful Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Fan Since:Late 2014
  • Time Online: 156d 22h 47m 9s

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

vg final video isn't the original first version she made, the one that's up on her vevo is heavily edited and had a bunch of footage replaced because they (obviously) couldn't optain the rights to all the clips

although i don't think she's much more done up than what she used to wear at that time, NA being a good example of something that comes from around the same time. both are very different with their various outfits and different locations to let's say.. idk diet mtn dew or other much earlier works

The explosion during the intro of the original version always sends me

But yeah, I see what you mean. NA isn't that far off in terms of styling but this look/shot makes me really suspicious for some reason. It just looks a bit more 'planned' in my eyes.

giphy.gif

Edit: I forgot how amazing she looks in this MV

Beauty :defeated:

• Amadeus and Lanalouis1 like this

Me and my boyfriend, we are a new kind of fun

#6342 OFFLINE   LimelightDelight

LimelightDelight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Time Online: 4d 2h 31m 12s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

Do you think that the reason Lana doesn't wear makeup or do any type of hair care, is because of that guy she's dating? I had a used to have a friend that always had cute makeup looks and wore cute outfits suddenly quit. I asked her why, and she told me her boyfriend liked the natural look and did't let her wear makeup or tight clothes. I feel like her recent lack of anything beauty related, is a out of character. She always looked nice in the past, and put a lot of effort into her appearance. She doesn't even seem to wear light, natural looking makeup. Just bare faced. Her hair also looks very dry and straw like. She doesn't seem to like taking anytime for self-care. Just wondering if you guys think it's the guy she's dating is controlling or if she's going through a deep depression? A lot of abusive men have issues with their girlfriends looking pretty, because they're insecure.

• LanaFlowers, hornymoon and late bloomer like this

#6343 OFFLINE   LanaFlowers

LanaFlowers

Your Brighton Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 67d 6h 58m 7s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

Do you think that the reason Lana doesn't wear makeup or do any type of hair care, is because of that guy she's dating? I had a used to have a friend that always had cute makeup looks and wore cute outfits suddenly quit. I asked her why, and she told me her boyfriend liked the natural look and did't let her wear makeup or tight clothes. I feel like her recent lack of anything beauty related, is a out of character. She always looked nice in the past, and put a lot of effort into her appearance. She doesn't even seem to wear light, natural looking makeup. Just bare faced. Her hair also looks very dry and straw like. She doesn't seem to like taking anytime for self-care. Just wondering if you guys think it's the guy she's dating is controlling or if she's going through a deep depression? A lot of abusive men have issues with their girlfriends looking pretty, because they're insecure.

We can't know for sure what's going on inside her head or her heart, but I do believe she's depressed. I hope she isn't, but I can feel it. Thinking she's happy because she's smiling or laughing with her friends is a bit...short-sighted? Depression doesn't take away your ability to momentarily experience and/or display joy. She's not in a good place and it shows. It's very common in people who struggle with depression to give up on their appearance, and feel too drained to make an effort for anything. It would explain a lot...

At the same time, it's really frustrating how society expects women to put on makeup to look "presentable". As someone who wears a full face of makeup to go to the freakin supermarket, I can tell you, that shit takes time. It takes effort. I do it because I like it, but I know that for many women it feels like a chore. Not everyone is a makeup enthusiast. Maybe being bare faced makes her feel free.

That said, you definitely bring up an interesting point that I hadn't even considered. It's true that many fucking psychopaths men approach beautiful, beautifully made up & well dressed women, with the intention of slowly tearing down their confidence and brainwashing them into giving up on their appearance. It's fucked, and I see it all the time. The fact that Lana tends to date homely losers average looking men who are less successful than her, makes this entirely possible. I really hope it's not what's going on though, she deserves so much better than this :(

• fl0ridakil0s, DLT, californianfreak and 2 others like this

#6344 OFFLINE   LanaBoi

LanaBoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Fan Since:Early 2012
  • Time Online: 1d 6h 57m 51s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

I have a few :P

- Honeymoon is better than UV. LFL and BTD are also better than UV. I still love UV though, its just my least favourite.

- Lust for life would have been better without tomorrow never came, groupie love, in my feelings, and with a solo version of summer bummer, best American record, and roses bloom for you as an interlude.

- Without You and Lucky Ones are amazing songs.

hqdefault.jpg

#6345 OFFLINE   niandra lades

niandra lades

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Fan Since:March, 2012
  • Time Online: 16h 23m 1s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

I have a few :P

- Honeymoon is better than UV. LFL and BTD are also better than UV. I still love UV though, its just my least favourite.

- Without You and Lucky Ones are amazing songs.

I agree to both but the first one to an extent. I really dislike L4L. Lol. But if it didn't exist, UV would be my least liked. To me it's Honeymoon, Born To Die, Ultraviolence and then L4L. 

Anyways, I'm gonna extend on that opinion: it's underwhelming. Not even the best songs are that good. I don't hate it but... yeah. I think the only songs that have aged nicely since 2017 are TNC,  Change and BPBP.

• BlueBaby likes this

... and i will never sing again tumblr_inline_ovyypuwr4N1qlt39u_250.gif with just one wave it goes away.

#6346 OFFLINE   BlueBaby

BlueBaby

Depressed Little Fucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Time Online: 43d 22h 37m 29s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

I agree to both but the first one to an extent. I really dislike L4L. Lol. But if it didn't exist, UV would be my least liked. To me it's Honeymoon, Born To Die, Ultraviolence and then L4L. 

Anyways, I'm gonna extend on that opinion: it's underwhelming. Not even the best songs are that good. I don't hate it but... yeah. I think the only songs that have aged nicely since 2017 are TNC,  Change and BPBP.

I agree with all of this

• niandra lades likes this

200.gif giphy.gif 200w.gif

#6347 OFFLINE   bittersweetbanger

bittersweetbanger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 13d 12h 26m 10s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:38 PM

ok...imma say it...

Lana's longest songs per album (Off To The Races, Cruel World, The Blackest Day, Heroin) are her best songs but Venice Bitch broke that chain. (unless, somehow, there's a song longer than VB on NFR)

tumblr_o5nheckEMw1qe7ji8o6_r1_250.gif

• Bootynugget, Cult Leader, LanaFlowers and 4 others like this

тнє ¢αт ωнσ gσт тнє ¢яєαм // IП ƬΉIƧ ΉΛПDMΛDΣ ΉΣΛVΣП ЩΣ FӨЯGΣƬ ƬΉΣ ƬIMΣ

#6348 OFFLINE   LanaFlowers

LanaFlowers

Your Brighton Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Time Online: 67d 6h 58m 7s

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

ok...imma say it...

Lana's longest songs per album (Off To The Races, Cruel World, The Blackest Day, Heroin) are her best songs but Venice Bitch broke that chain. (unless, somehow, there's a song longer than VB on NFR)

THANK YOU

• HANGINGFROOT, BlueBaby and bittersweetbanger like this

#6349 OFFLINE   late bloomer

late bloomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 6h 22m 14s

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Lana’s writing works better as songs... not poetry. At least the style she’s going for now (her writing became more simple during UV). I don’t like any of the poems she’s shared and wish she’d focus more on her music. I prefer Florence Welch’s style of writing- don’t kill me, but I’ve been spoiled with her Useless Magic book and Lana’s poetry book feels like a weak attempt at duplicating that.
  • Amadeus, threearmsally, Escapism and 4 others like this

#6350 OFFLINE   Amadeus

Amadeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in northern italy
  • Time Online: 195d 13h 1m 34s

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

Lana’s writing works better as songs... not poetry. At least the style she’s going for now (her writing became more simple during UV). I don’t like any of the poems she’s shared and wish she’d focus more on her music. I prefer Florence Welch’s style of writing- don’t kill me, but I’ve been spoiled with her Useless Magic book and Lana’s poetry book feels like a weak attempt at duplicating that.

The stuff Lana has shared so far is so bad i didn't even want to comment on it i- 

so cringe, a kii

• SarcasticBeauty, ur girl, Lona Delery and 7 others like this

i76mrxw.png 

#6351 OFFLINE   Gangsta Queen

Gangsta Queen

Baby, Now You Do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • LocationDrunk and Seeing Stars
  • Fan Since:Old Paul’s
  • Time Online: 49d 2h 38m 29s

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:57 PM

In My Feelings is in my top 3 from LFL
  • Elle, Bootynugget, mergirl and 2 others like this

#6352 OFFLINE   Blue Velvet Crowbar

Blue Velvet Crowbar

Bartender Brat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCipriani's basement
  • Fan Since:Love you but I'm going down
  • Time Online: 4d 10h 7m 29s

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

LFL is a really fucking good album.

• Elle, californianfreak, LanaBoi and 2 others like this

giphy.gif

#6353 OFFLINE   trayertrash

trayertrash

oh em gee its a es jay double u

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Location'Merica!
  • Time Online: 302d 11h 1m 59s

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

She hasn't written a truly great song in around 4-5 years. Sure, there have been good songs, but none have been great. Everything just feels like a failed attempt at recreating past themes she once perfected. I still have hope for her, and I'll probably keep supporting her music, but I'm so bored by everything she's released the past for years that I doubt I'll ever love a new song again. 

• SarcasticBeauty and BlueBaby like this

2MWoJL5.jpg

#6354 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

Rosarey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationMars
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 36d 5h 28m 49s

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

ok...imma say it...

Taste!! Except I do think VB lived up to the rest, just maybe last on the list

#6355 ONLINE   mergirl

mergirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Time Online: 4d 4h 26m 46s

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:35 AM

In My Feelings is in my top 3 from LFL

They should have made In My Feelings a single. Would have done better then White Mustang. 

I LOVE Florence's poetry book. The work inside is gorgeous and the way she pulled it off aesthetically is wonderful. 

If Lana is self publishing I imagine she won't do too much to make it look appealing. A white cover with the title of the book and the poems insides with no photos. 

• Gangsta Queen and late bloomer like this

#6356 OFFLINE   LanaBoi

LanaBoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Fan Since:Early 2012
  • Time Online: 1d 6h 57m 51s

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:26 AM

I prefer the radio mix of West Coast to the album/single version :O

Also I love all the Honeymoon artwork and visuals + The LFL visuals and artwork (besides the white mustang video which is out of place and the cover for summer bummer which I really hate?)

hqdefault.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users