Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i feel like in the future honeymoon will be regarded as her low-key masterpiece, i'm not suggesting it's my favourite album of hers but i think she massively grew up in terms of sound on it and it was ahead of the game and unlike anything else released at the time. was it particularly fun? no. were there many bops in the traditional sense? no and i think in some ways it was darker than ultraviolence, but it was such an incredibly mature record. i genuinely feel it had some of the greatness of some of the old time singers my grandparents would listen to

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Although the NFR songs are great, Doin’ Time shows Lana still needs to work on her songwriting/production skills since this cover shows the potential she has, the progress she could make with better writing and production.

I never liked Lana's parts in Summer Wine and I honestly forgot that the cover existed lol. Maybe it's hard for me to like hers and Barrie's cover when it's so similar to the one with Nany Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Honeymoon album is overrated

true, her worst one perioddddTTTT

White Mustang is a great track: poppier than most her stuff, short and sweet. I really like the metaphor of the lyrics which I don't think is about anyone's dick as a lot of people say. It's about feeling that you're worth than your partner and practically allowing you to treat you wrong for that reason.

true, her worst one perioddddTTTT

White Mustang is a great track: poppier than most her stuff, short and sweet. I really like the metaphor of the lyrics which I don't think is about anyone's dick as a lot of people say. It's about feeling that you're worth than your partner and practically allowing you to treat you wrong for that reason.

I mean, the song is about a dick in the sense that it's about G-Eazy, but I think that's all. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Making Out, Match Made In Heaven, and Put The Radio On are all AMAZING songs

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I feel bad about saying this but... Change has almost no replay value for me and I was done with it ever since she dropped the first snippet. It's not that I even dislike it. I just literally never want to listen to it again, even though I can appreciate how pretty and intimate it is.  :ohno:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I feel bad about saying this but... Change has almost no replay value for me and I was done with it ever since she dropped the first snippet. It's not that I even dislike it. I just literally never want to listen to it again, even though I can appreciate how pretty and intimate it is.  :ohno:

I'll listen to it again when Dan Heath makes an orchestral version

I think the way she randomly says ''fuck'' and ''bitch'' in Cherry is the cringiest thing ever and it really drags the song down.

I like the first "fuck" before the chorus, cause it almost plays out like a sample from an old movie, but after that one it's just cringey, especially the last "bitch"es before the end

Fine China has amazing verses but the chorus is kind of meh, and the amount of times she repeats fine china, it starts to sound like Vagina.

blasphemy.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif