Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Venice Bitch could have easily been a 6:05 song.

Until that point the song actually develops and grows but everything after that just feels like it's going on for the sake of it.

I love the length of Venice Bitch, but I do wish we would have gotten a proper radio edit of it. I would listen to it more but I don’t always feel like listening to a 10 minute song, no matter how good it is. I get what lana was saying when she said something like it’s a song for driving around to.

Speaking of songs being longer than necessary, I feel like the last minute and a half of the greatest could have been axed. The lyrics don’t flow well and are painfully milquetoast. The piano is pretty, but it’s just pretty. I feel like the song would have more impact if it ended with ‘I miss doing nothing most of all’.

I love the length of Venice Bitch, but I do wish we would have gotten a proper radio edit of it. I would listen to it more but I don’t always feel like listening to a 10 minute song, no matter how good it is. I get what lana was saying when she said something like it’s a song for driving around to.

Speaking of songs being longer than necessary, I feel like the last minute and a half of the greatest could have been axed. The lyrics don’t flow well and are painfully milquetoast. The piano is pretty, but it’s just pretty. I feel like the song would have more impact if it ended with ‘I miss doing nothing most of all’.

Idk why but VB never feels like it's over 6 minutes to me. Cruel World feels longer (even tho it's my favourite) and I've always enjoyed VB as a long song with beautiful vibes that aren't too repetitive, like there's always more to look forward to in the song.

I have not grown into the outro of The Greatest tho. Whenever I read someone talking about how it's amazing I'm like "oh, um, that's nice I guess". But it's boring to me and I'd love it if there were at least more background vocals in that part, like the outro of Prisoner with The Weekend. 

I have not grown into the outro of The Greatest tho. Whenever I read someone talking about how it's amazing I'm like "oh, um, that's nice I guess". But it's boring to me and I'd love it if there were at least more background vocals in that part, like the outro of Prisoner with The Weekend.

If she wanted to do a longish outro, she should have just ad-libed it. Instead of trying to make a statement.

I agree.

I'm feeling pretty controversial so I shall now proceed to make the following unpopular statement:

The Greatest is overrated whilst Fuck it I love you is underrated. Two weeks ago I would've laughed at anyone who said that but I'm sayin' it.

Put it in your vape and smoke it, ladies. :smokes4:

I have a few others but they're about the rest of NFR so I shall refrain from posting 'til it's released so I can fight with everyone and not just the people who listened to the leaks.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I fucking hate the strings at the start of 13 Beaches.

It sounds stupid, tinny and obviously fake. It sounds like a cheap midi. Dan Heath is absolutely amazing at his arrangements and it was cute he was included on the album after being weirdly absent from Honeymoon, but I wish the song would have either segmented that as a short intro track, or just start with the piano at 0:28.

3lfQEhw.png

I can't stand all the forced teeth smiling Lana is doing in FIILY.

I personally think it’s done on purpose. Smiling through the pain kinda thing...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The Greatest is funny because throughout her career she has made it a point that she thinks so highly of the Beach Boys despite Mike Love being a Trump supporter but then decides to highlight only Kanye's politics in the same song. If she's going to go out of her way to prioritize other people's politics so much perhaps she should start taking a hard look at all her long term idols rather than selectively romanticizing them over others

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Her going out of her way to attack Kanye's politics before so many other people's is really annoying to me. Like her whole thing to him on Twitter, which led to the beef with Azealia Banks. Not only was that whole thing cringe-worthy (especially that faux-hood "I won't not fuck you the fuck up" and "you know the addy" which imo reinforced the points Banks was making about her approprating poverty), but I found myself left thinking "after your notorious lack of interest in political shit, you decide to break your near-silence on these things to go after two mentally ill POC, who are already basically pariahs in the entertainment industry."

I mean, I get that she was actually friends with Kanye and Azealia so she's more emotionally invested in their thoughts, but I still didn't think it looked very good.

I do kinda wish she'd be more open about what she believes in and cares about (although it's ever-changing) cause she seems to only put some hints in songs, and only expand on it slightly when asked. Like, I had NO IDEA HIADT was half about fucked up shit in Hollywood and that it went as deep as to reference it's secrets. But I do wish she'd just stop hinting at things and actually say it. I don't want this to drag on any longer if shit really is that bad. I know it's not her responsibility, but, well, maybe it is.

Her going out of her way to attack Kanye's politics before so many other people's is really annoying to me. Like her whole thing to him on Twitter, which led to the beef with Azealia Banks. Not only was that whole thing cringe-worthy (especially that faux-hood "I won't not fuck you the fuck up" and "you know the addy" which imo reinforced the points Banks was making about her approprating poverty), but I found myself left thinking "after your notorious lack of interest in political shit, you decide to break your near-silence on these things to go after two mentally ill POC, who are already basically pariahs in the entertainment industry."

I mean, I get that she was actually friends with Kanye and Azealia so she's more emotionally invested in their thoughts, but I still didn't think it looked very good.

To argue with people online who suffer from mental illness does not make her look good. Lets face it, Lana can't beat the shit out of anyone. She's been privileged all her life, even when she was living in a trailer. Lana has no idea how to fuck anyone up. 

Even if Azealea Banks went to one of the 4 mansions Lana owns, she wouldn't have been able to get in. Some of Lana's mansions are located in gated communities and all have 24/hour security. It's cute that Lana wanted to look all gansta on twitter but fighting with two mentally ill people on social media is not the way to go. Especially with one that you performed at his wedding and had no problem with how much money they squander off for that wedding. 

Idk if this is an unpopular opinion but the photo they also used for Terrence Loves You promo is just really ugly, I've hated it from the moment I first saw it - the fake bangs don't work at all and her face is a mess, she looks weird like those failed wax figures at Madame Tussauds. 

Edit: Also here's a more fresh one, I just can't get into NFR. It's her worst opening track because it's so boring and it's also my least played song from the record atm along with HTD   :crossed:

Us last era: her smiling on the album cover unsettles me....

Lana this era: 

tumblr_pwnt1lfkq51u2j9g3o1_500.gif

Am I the only one who thinks she looks atrocious with all that shit done to her face? Like, her cheeks seem like they are going to explode, and not even all the makeup done above her eyes get to make her face look near to balanced. She needs to stop destroying herself

Doin' Time is her best cover.

Would agree if The Other Woman didnt exist

Am I the only one who thinks she looks atrocious with all that shit done to her face? Like, her cheeks seem like they are going to explode, and not even all the makeup done above her eyes get to make her face look near to balanced. She needs to stop destroying herself

Would agree if The Other Woman didnt exist

I like you, but that comment was disgusting. Sorry. I'm not giving you a WP because it was not beyond rude.