Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i really like how to disappear. i love how the production is really simple and cute. the orchestra/brass is iconic. better than i expected from all the negative things ive seen on here. i think TBNAR is easily my least favorite, the lyrics and chorus just dont really click for me. but theres not a BAD song on this album.

I think it should've been called Happiness is a Firefly. 

"Try to catch it like every night

It escapes from my hands into moonlight"

Would've made more sense because they come out at night. When have you ever seen a butterfly fluttering about at night? NEVER, that's when. 

Plus I feel like fireflies are very underrated whilst butterflies are overrated. 

I like being insane, it's fun. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Great post. 

In one of her interviews she was asked about working with Jack. I can't quite remember exactly how she worded it, but she said something about how cheery and positive he is, and that it was nice to not hear "that sucks". Then she said, "I have heard that a lot from other producers". 

That made me wonder if Jack is a "yes" person. It would certainly explain the lack of structure in these songs as well as the technical errors.

It kind of really concerns me that she (still) finds being told no to be so off-putting. Taking constructive criticism personally is not a place you wanna be, especially as a creative.

I love what she did with Jack on NFR but I'm not sure if I'm happy that WHF will probably be another Jack-album. I think the collaboration with different producers always brought out the best of her (see Ultraviolence) and I'd love her to move on to someone else.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I love what she did with Jack on NFR but I'm not sure if I'm happy that WHF will probably be another Jack-album. I think the collaboration with different producers always brought out the best of her (see Ultraviolence) and I'd love her to move on to someone else.

My thoughts exactly, but if I had to choose between another Rick album and another Jack album, I'd pick the latter. I do think Jack is quite versatile as a producer, so I hope that if he in fact produces WHF wow it'll take me a while to get used to this acronym lol, they'll go for a somewhat different sound/vibe. 

To be honest, as much as I love NFR (and I do, what a glorious return to form!), overall it's still a bit too stripped-back for me and I would have loved to have a few more of the experimental, "explosive" songs like Venice Bitch and (the later half of) Cinnamon Girl, so that's something I wouldn't mind getting from another potential Jack-produced album.

I'd also love to hear more songs produced by Andrew Watt, I think with Doin' Time he managed to capture a quite playful, uptempo vibe that sounded new and fresh while still being undeniably "Lana"; it actually reminded me of some of her unreleased bops from the early 2010s.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I love NFR (a big improvement from LFL) but some of the lyrics just don't seem like Lana? If that makes any sense. 
I feel like the lyrics are the weakest part of NFR, some of them are just downright bad. 

dNvtmdN.png

I’m so over every pop girl getting compared to lana. From Billie to Camille. I think the media does it just to over compensate for how cruel they were to Lana. So now we have to read a million articles about how lana paved the way for Billie or Halsey. Really lana didn’t do that it was more like Avril Lavigne, Amy lee, and that bitch from paramore. Camille is just a generic top 40s pop girlie, who made a video shot 480p with some fake deep shit about love. I’m over it.

Maybe we should say things like Amy winehouse paved the way for Lana and Fiona Apple paved the way for Amy. Or you know we could do the smart thing and just let female musicians exist in their own space and stop pitting them against each other. Nobody does this shit to male artist, even when they directly rip off other male artist. So many people in the music world act like you can only like 1 or 2 female artist. I mean there are still people separating their favorite musician, from their favorite female musician.

I’m not some kind of Halsey or Billie stan. He’ll i wish they would rip lana off more, maybe they would make good music.