#6942 OFFLINE   Lcampoli

Lcampoli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWestern Qu├ębec
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:13 AM

I'm starting to feel like NFR is actually overrated, which is never a word I would've thought using to describe something Lana puts out.

i vaguely remember feeling it a bit with summertime sadness and video games... but then i heard 'cola', and then 'ultraviolence' came out, and i actually started listening to her music. problem with nfr is that i "actually" listened to it, and it's meh.

she'll surprise us again, anyway that's what i'm hoping for. she has us questioning our sanity all over the place

• MXDH likes this

#6943 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

angels forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Fan Since:October 2012

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:41 AM

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of comments on Reddit and Twitter. A lot of people seem to be questioning why NFR is getting all the love from critics as this year (and decade) is coming to a close. Her other album deserve to get the same type of recognition as NFR has had this year. I honestly can't believe they are pushing her most beige album down our throat as her best. I'm starting to feel like NFR is actually overrated, which is never a word I would've thought using to describe something Lana puts out.

Also, is "beige" the actual word used to describe something that's bland, boring, safe, etc? 

Cause if so, that really is the only way to describe NFR.

she'll surprise us again, anyway that's what i'm hoping for. she has us questioning our sanity all over the place

I was holding onto this hope for so long. But Doin' Time came out which was exciting and the best for about 2 days... Then Season of the Witch came out which was exciting and the best for about 1 day. 

Having some surprises floating in a sea of mediochreness just ain't doin it for me no more. :smokes3:

• Lcampoli, CrazySister, MXDH and 3 others like this

Solve et Coagula

#6944 OFFLINE   MXDH

MXDH

"Stupid bitch" @California 06/11/2019

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Fan Since:Summer of 2012

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

Also, is "beige" the actual word used to describe something that's bland, boring, safe, etc? 

Cause if so, that really is the only way to describe NFR.

This is exactly what it is, "beige" as in "...this is as boring as watching beige paint drying on the wall". Glad to see I'm not the only one, the "honeymoon" period of the album is over now I think, especially with a lot of these critics backing  down from their comments about Lana early on in her career, especially with these year end/decade end list. A lot of fans are seeing through the bullshit around (and with) this album.

• Lcampoli, CrazySister, Ultra Violet and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users