Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Guys it's more of a "Lanaboards" question but I know there's a thread here that organized some songs in a time-line of how old they were. I also believe some people managed to open meta-files from these songs to find informations, like iTunes-Codec and so on. Can someone light up my way and help me with how to do this?

I don't like Angels Forever. I haven't even downloaded it, but I've downloaded shit like Scarface and Come when you call me AMERICA so that's saying something. AFFA actually annoys me when I listen to it, it sounds so boring.

okay i like it now. i listened to it on repeat the other day to fall asleep. it's not in my top 50, but i like it and see the appeal. it feels like Ride's sister

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Guns and roses isn't even that bad, I feel like half the reason people don't like it is becuase it pales in comparison to UV, but then UV is very near the top of Lana's discog imo.

giphy.gif

i haven't felt the same connection with lana and her music since honeymoon and it kinda makes me sad :(

but i still appreciate her newer works and believe shes an incredible artist despite some of her crackhead antics with this poetry book!

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

i haven't felt the same connection with lana and her music since honeymoon and it kinda makes me sad :(

but i still appreciate her newer works and believe shes an incredible artist despite some of her crackhead antics with this poetry book!

I feel the exact same way. I still love her music, but don't connect to it as much anymore. It's still amazing music and better than what most other artists putting out today, but I no longer music feel any really strong emotions for it. I think the main reason for me is that so many songs are about California. I lived in the LA area for a couple years and hated it. When you struggle financially, LA is not a fun place to live. There are two LA's. One for the rich and one for the poor. The cost of living is also insane, and the people there are very aggressive because of their impoverished circumstances. When I think of LA, it is not a happy place. Venice Beach is actually a really unsafe, filled with homeless people and mentally unstable people very high on drugs. Many other parts of LA are filled with poverty and are not safe. Beverly Hills is not the California I could afford to be in.  Also I wish there was more variety like her old songs. Most of NFR, sounded the same to me, and that was disappointing. 

The "la la la la la la la la la lie down" in Serial Killer reminds me of the Elmo's World theme song

Fuck. As the parent of a 3-year-old I can't unhear this now. And I loved "Serial Killer".

Sue ha Elmo & get dat plagiarism $

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I love Californa but... You're brighter than the brightest stars is cheesy.

I put that in the same category as other NFR lyrics.

"I was reading Slim Aarons and I got to think that I thoughhht", "We go fast, we go so fast, we don't move" and the forever cringy "Singing for my babies on the tourlyfe"

I really don't understand how people revere NFR as the more mature album lyrics wise, it's so cheesy and corny at times. Bleh.

Guns and roses isn't even that bad, I feel like half the reason people don't like it is becuase it pales in comparison to UV, but then UV is very near the top of Lana's discog imo.

guns and roses is unreal

one of my tops on UV

Yes to Heaven is beyond overrated and I’m glad it was scrapped. It’s boring, it’s vapid and I cannot for the life of me see why it’s so popular.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif