Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' while sounding more like coffee table book title, is actually a great album title. Much less cringe than 'Norman Fucking Rockwell!'.

These are all completely different songs, both lyrically and production wise. I don't know what this would sound like. GL, WC, Love, Cherry, and CG would be weird somehow mixed together

Β 

Weirdly, I hate Love. It sounds forced and like some bullshit lyrics someone told her to write. "Write a love song but not a love song about love" it's weird.

i think that would be extremely cohesive honestly. that’s how my lana playlist sounds.

Β 

dreamy pop/rock songs with layered vocals, darker production, and a hazier sort of vibe to them. that’s what I want from this album. And I know I’m not gonna get it tbh and that makes me disappointed.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

i think that would be extremely cohesive honestly. that’s how my lana playlist sounds.

Β 

dreamy pop/rock songs with layered vocals, darker production, and a hazier sort of vibe to them. that’s what I want from this album. And I know I’m not gonna get it tbh and that makes me disappointed.

Β 

who knows, we might get a cinnamon girl pt 2. as long as theres no bartenders i'm good, i really didn't like that song and still skip it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

someone on Reddit said she’s talking about a gym

Β 

but I wonder what the timeframe is for her institutionalization? Omg maybe that’s why she cancelled tour

Β 

"a gym" omg.Β 

Β 

i feel like she's just taking details from what Sylvia Plath's experience at institutions were, but really using it as symbolism. kinda like in The Yellow Wallpaper where the narrator is trapped in the room, but it's supposed to be a symbol for gender roles and the patriarchy. but it is possible that she went and that's why she cancelled her tour.Β 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

"a gym" omg.

Β 

i feel like she's just taking details from what Sylvia Plath's experience at institutions were, but really using it as symbolism. kinda like in The Yellow Wallpaper where the narrator is trapped in the room, but it's supposed to be a symbol for gender roles and the patriarchy. but it is possible that she went and that's why she cancelled her tour.

I mean, she goes into quite a bit of detail about this facility, down to the number of steps in the staircase...seems pretty literal to me tbh.

Β 

I remember a few weeks ago I had posted that something felt off about her. And then her little tirade this week...

Β 

I think we might have to admit she’s having her pop star breakdown moment lol

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

I mean, she goes into quite a bit of detail about this facility, down to the number of steps in the staircase...seems pretty literal to me tbh.

Β 

I remember a few weeks ago I had posted that something felt off about her. And then her little tirade this week...

Β 

I think we might have to admit she’s having her pop star breakdown moment lol

could very easily have made that number up. or maybe Plath mentions that number in her book. i'm a writer and i make details like that all the time even though i've never experienced them

TBH her response to Azaelia Banks back then... just wasn't it. like yeah i know banks is crazy but she didn't even say anything personally insulting to lana, she just criticized her activism and instead of even considering what she said and explaining why she disagrees, lana went straight to "i wont not fuck you the fuck up!!". bonus points for randomly deciding to use AAVE when talking to a black woman

someone on Reddit said she’s talking about a gym

but I wonder what the timeframe is for her institutionalization? Omg maybe that’s why she cancelled tour

Β 

am i stupid or something for just seeing the institution as metaphorical? considering how obsessive some fans are, if she was in a mental institution we would have known

Β 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Relationship with Sean was for the screen since it’s been sometime since Lana had a famous boyfriend, and this helped the flow so Lana can release her new album and poems and still be kinda relevant in the music news. And also he gained some buzz.

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey,Β be the first who ever did]

While I think it's very possible that she may have gone to a high-level rehab that knows how to keep who goes there quiet and unknown to the public (no shortage of them in California, surely) I read the institution title as more metaphorical. Feeling like you're not allowed to speak about your struggles publicly, possibly being addicted to prescription drugs (as alluded to by Banks and in ITH) could very well make a nice home by the beach feel like an institution. Maybe even her own home, if the number of steps going down to the beach in that vid and the number of steps in PLD match. Who knows though, writers and poets definitely don't have to be literal

locals only

watch Lana fake being in an institution just like she faked the rest of her story and still receive critical acclaim (or widespread malice that still makes money?) while those who have actually been institutionalized or had to engage in survival sex work to survive life on the road or whatever just end up crazy, broke, and fucked up.Β  lol.Β  i have no idea any more what the truth is about her story.

Β 

Lana should just change her album title to "Race War" and be done with it

yeah i get how it may seem to some like she was really hospitalized (given what we know about her past with substance abuse, the cancellation of the rest of her tour and the odd behavior lately it's not far-fetched to think so), but in my opinion, it definitely feels like she's talking about the institution of hollywood, standards for women, fame, the patriarchy, mental illness or something like that.Β 

i have a lot of reservations for lana going political again. the "woke" aspects of LFL feel forced and overly simple (though it was MUCH better on NFR w/ the title track, parts of the greatest, and hope), and given the recent controversy, things could get worse. If she wants to do it, she needs to accept that there will be educated criticisms and mature dialogues about the work she's putting out, and not call it all "hate" and trolls and shit.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i have a lot of reservations for lana going political again. the "woke" aspects of LFL feel forced and overly simple (though it was MUCH better on NFR w/ the title track, parts of the greatest, and hope), and given the recent controversy, things could get worse. If she wants to do it, she needs to accept that there will be educated criticisms and mature dialogues about the work she's putting out, and not call it all "hate" and trolls and shit.

yeah she really showed her ass this week as a white feminist, so I hope she just keeps her mouth shut from now on.

Β 

Anyways I feel like the album cover isn’t gonna be anything cool and she probably isn’t gonna be on it, because when would she have shot it? Unless she just ignored all the restrictions going on and got a decent crew together, it’s probably something she made herself.

Β 

Not to mention she doesn’t look like herself lately.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137