Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Very unpopular opinion, but here's my ranking of Lana's official album covers.

1. Paradise

2. Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

4. Born To Die

5. Lust for Life

6. NFR!

I honestly don't care how edited Lana's face is on the Paradise cover, the whole vibe of that picture just gets me. It has such a hot, summery atmosphere, it's beautiful. It can't be worse than the 'Born To Die' cover knowing the picture doesn't actually exists. As for NFR... it's just like too much going on and nothing makes sense to me.

1. Paradise

2. Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

4. Born To Die

5. Lust for Life

6. NFR!

I honestly don't care how edited Lana's face is on the Paradise cover, the whole vibe of that picture just gets me. It has such a hot, summery atmosphere, it's beautiful. It can't be worse than the 'Born To Die' cover knowing the picture doesn't actually exists. As for NFR... it's just like too much going on and nothing makes sense to me.

the paradise cover is also my favorite ldr album cover, i don't really mind that it's photoshopped either and it's not like they made her look different, they just shifted her face and her body and gave her a new pose which is kinda odd but it was from an old photo. i honestly don't care for her album covers all that much but paradise is the one i like the most. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

the paradise cover is also my favorite ldr album cover, i don't really mind that it's photoshopped either and it's not like they made her look different, they just shifted her face and her body and gave her a new pose which is kinda odd but it was from an old photo. i honestly don't care for her album covers all that much but paradise is the one i like the most. 

I agree, besides the Paradise and UV covers... I don't particularly care much for her album covers. I honestly care more about the pictures that's inside the booklets and the visuals than the covers themselves. I don't think that album covers are her strong suit they're not revolutionary pieces of art like some of her contemporaries' are.

I think the reason I hated the Paradise cover at first was because I ordered the BTD standard album off eBay  :facepalm: and I really liked the BTD album cover cause it was so bright and that was visually a nice change for me at the time, but when the album arrived it was the PARADISE album-the first sales that messed up the tracklist and left out the 3 BTD deluxe tracks. 

I was pissed at that but I grew to love that album cover just as much, and at least I got the Paradise EP free with that purchase  :teehee:

I think the reason I hated the Paradise cover at first was because I ordered the BTD standard album off eBay  :facepalm: and I really liked the BTD album cover cause it was so bright and that was visually a nice change for me at the time, but when the album arrived it was the PARADISE album-the first sales that messed up the tracklist and left out the 3 BTD deluxe tracks. 

I was pissed at that but I grew to love that album cover just as much, and at least I got the Paradise EP free with that purchase  :teehee:

To this day I still don't understand how they were selling the 'Born To Die: The Paradise Edition' vinyl with just the sleeve for the two albums and only 'Paradise' came with it? But like it was just as expensive as 'Born To Die'. Then 'Born To Die' with the three bonus track was hard as hell to find??? I finally got what I wanted, but that was a headache. The package was nice because of the gold incrusted letters, but it was a rip off.

1. Paradise

2. Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

4. Born To Die

5. Lust for Life

6. NFR!

I agree with most of your placements (although UV cover is #1 for me). 

The NFR cover is difficult for me because I really like that she tried to do something different and the whole fire in the horizon visual was cool. But then she had to go and wear that outfit and ruin it. The outstretched hand is cliche too. 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

To this day I still don't understand how they were selling the 'Born To Die: The Paradise Edition' vinyl with just the sleeve for the two albums and only 'Paradise' came with it? But like it was just as expensive as 'Born To Die'. Then 'Born To Die' with the three bonus track was hard as hell to find??? I finally got what I wanted, but that was a headache. The package was nice because of the gold incrusted letters, but it was a rip off.

Wow, I want that.

Glad I wasn't on Lanaboards at the time or I would have been ranting about it for pages, kinda like I do now  :gasp:

I like that you think that way, and I honestly wish I did too. Trust me, I hate that I don't like nfr, because everyone else is enjoying it so much and I'm here trying really hard to as well.

From my perspective, the way she turned to the outerworld seemed rather forced, and not a natural or authentic progess, as if she felt like she had to, not that she wanted to, and because those she surrounds herself with were influencing her.

The way she writes about the outer world doesnt seem anywhere near as mature and interesting as, for example, Father John Misty, Garbage, or basically any artists she herself listens to and loves. 

It's like there is no message or stance in her 'outer-world' songs besides "I'm just thinking about it". I wish she'd be a little more direct, the way she is with how she feels, or at least have waited until she knew what she was trying to say before singing about 'outer world' matters. 

everyone needs to hear this. you bring up such good points.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I like that you think that way, and I honestly wish I did too. Trust me, I hate that I don't like nfr, because everyone else is enjoying it so much and I'm here trying really hard to as well.

From my perspective, the way she turned to the outerworld seemed rather forced, and not a natural or authentic progess, as if she felt like she had to, not that she wanted to, and because those she surrounds herself with were influencing her.

The way she writes about the outer world doesnt seem anywhere near as mature and interesting as, for example, Father John Misty, Garbage, or basically any artists she herself listens to and loves. 

It's like there is no message or stance in her 'outer-world' songs besides "I'm just thinking about it". I wish she'd be a little more direct, the way she is with how she feels, or at least have waited until she knew what she was trying to say before singing about 'outer world' matters. 

Yah quoting myself cause I've been thinking about this more in the last 24 hours. 

When Lana released Coachella-WIMM, I was very pleased for the first week, cause that was the first time she showed interest in the outer world and humanity. I was so excited for her fans to see that it's good to be woke, and I was deadass convinced she would start a little awakening in her young fans. 

Then it started to become more realistic. It's great to show your good intentions, but I feel that its useless if you're not gonna put it to use and fight for what you believe in. In no way am I saying that Lana is not allowed to share her whole process and has to hide her uncertainty, but in these times, ambiguity only encourages complacency and inaction. It's not good enough to just be aware, we have to do something. 

I love love love When The World Was At War, but it adds up to nothing .what is the message? Is it good? Is it bad? We got so close with Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, but in the end I had no clue what she was talking about, like Lana just SAY IT. Who or what has let you down? What's disturbing you? We need to know.

And I'm sorry if you understood the message of these songs right away (please do share with me if you think you get them btw), but it's not a good political song if it doesn't have a clear message. 

I would LOVE for Lana to really share what she believes in a political song. Because over the last few years she's basically been teasing us with it and then just being like "nope, I'm not gonna say it because I'll get in trouble". And oh shit maybe we've lost that chance because of the latest Instagram drama ahhhh.

Seems like NFR is a favorite for many fans I see here and on insta. It's good so don't get me wrong thinking I don't like it, just that it's not my favorite. It's not even in my top 3. 

i feel like when i'm not listening to NFR, i'm not overly wowed by the concept of it, but then everytime i end up listening to it, i feel justified to place it in my holy trinity of hers. it's really weird

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i feel like when i'm not listening to NFR, i'm not overly wowed by the concept of it, but then everytime i end up listening to it, i feel justified to place it in my holy trinity of hers. it's really weird

I honestly wish I would think about this album the way I do with her first three albums... but the only time this album comes to mind is when other fans mention it. I don't act like it doesn't exist, but like it's almost entirely absent from my playlists. Same goes with Lust for Life.  :rip:

She's more about her feelings about problems than actual problem-solving analysis of problems, and that's ok as it's not her job to solve things. I think she  explicitly says this in her song "Change", which I take to be her most political-like song:

Lately I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care

Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?

I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care

'Cause who am I to wanna try but...

As for being forced in some way, I agree about that for songs like "Looking for America", but the point of that song is that she is literally being forced (at gunpoint) to write it. You can compare it to other clearer songs, e.g., Serj Tankian's "Goddamn Trigger". Just as forced, but a different approach (both approaches valid).

She's more about her feelings about problems than actual problem-solving analysis of problems, and that's ok as it's not her job to solve things. I think she  explicitly says this in her song "Change", which I take to be her most political-like song:

Lately I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care

Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?

I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care

'Cause who am I to wanna try but...

As for being forced in some way, I agree about that for songs like "Looking for America", but the point of that song is that she is literally being forced (at gunpoint) to write it. You can compare it to other clearer songs, e.g., Serj Tankian's "Goddamn Trigger". Just as forced, but a different approach (both approaches valid).

I agree with Change. I've very much grown to love that song and it's meaning.

This might be unpopular but don't judge me

Title tracks:

BTD/UV/HM>LFL>NFR

Born to die and UV are amazing title tracks to me. I love Honeymoon and it's so dreamy and I really like it as the opener and those three are the holy trinity of her title tracks. But after Honeymoon her title tracks got worse. I can listen to LFL and it's okay..not my favourite but at least I can somehow enjoy it. The demos we have are superior though. I just can't get into NFR title track. The strings are a good idea but I only like the horns & when Lana sings blue. Don't hate that song but the best I can say is that is kinda okay to me. The weird thing is that I enjoy all the other songs on NFR!

Hope that Lana will serve a really good title track again on COCC

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

This might be unpopular but don't judge me

Title tracks:

BTD/UV/HM>LFL>NFR

Born to die and UV are amazing title tracks to me. I love Honeymoon and it's so dreamy and I really like it as the opener and those three are the holy trinity of her title tracks. But after Honeymoon her title tracks got worse. I can listen to LFL and it's okay..not my favourite but at least I can somehow enjoy it. The demos we have are superior though. I just can't get into NFR title track. The strings are a good idea but I only like the horns & when Lana sings blue. Don't hate that song but the best I can say is that is kinda okay to me. The weird thing is that I enjoy all the other songs on NFR!

Hope that Lana will serve a really good title track again on COCC

Totally agree .

And this goes even for opening tracks because Ride and Cruel World were perfect as well. Whereas Love was like huh okay cute I guess. I don't hate LFL either but it's so damn skippable, so is Love and so is NFR, and that's not what you want from an album opener or title track. You want to feel completely enveloped by the album. 

My top 5 Lana songs

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Get Free

3. Bel Air

4. Heroin

5. Venice Bitch

Totally agree .

And this goes even for opening tracks because Ride and Cruel World were perfect as well. Whereas Love was like huh okay cute I guess. I don't hate LFL either but it's so damn skippable, so is Love and so is NFR, and that's not what you want from an album opener or title track. You want to feel completely enveloped by the album.

Venice Bitch or Mariners should’ve opened the album imo

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹