Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i hate when people push for her to be casted as priscilla presley or sharon tate. she doesn't even look like them, she just does her hair and makeup to emulate the era. hiring an actor purely on the basis of how similar their fashion is is recipe for a shit movie. and she's really just not the best at acting anyways

As much as I'd just like to see how similar they could make her look if they were really trying, I really hate how films always cast actors who are too old for a role, or are cast just for their name to get the movie attention. 

Plus Lana did say that acting is not for her (though it might have just been to get rid of Harvey Weinsteins attention...) 

Her parents aren’t together, I’m guessing?

Her dad is staying with her it sounds like, and she suddenly hates her mother...who knows smh

Is this an unpopular opinion or a genuine question?

I don't think she suddenly hates her mother; it's been evident for some time that their relationship is strained. I first thought it was more than Patty simply shunning the spotlight when I read this poem in Vogue Italia:

Bare Feet on Linoleum

Stay on your path Sylvia Plath

don't fall away like all the others

Don't take all your secrets alone to your watery grave about

lovers and mother

The secrets you keep will keep you in deep like Father and Amy

and brother

And all of the people you meet on the street will reiterate lies

that she uttered

Leave me in peace I cry

late at night on a slow boat bound for Catalina for no reason

Tiny beads of sweat dot my forehead

could be mistaken for dew drops if this were photo season.

But alas this is a real life - and it's been a real fight just to

keep my mind from committing treason.

Why you ask?

Because she told the towns people I was crazy and the lies they

started to believe them

But anyway - I've moved on now

And now that I've gone scorched earth

I'm left wondering where to go from here.

To Sonoma where the fires have just left?

South Dakota?

Would standing in front of Mount Rushmore feel like the Great

American homecoming I never had?

Would the magnitude of the scale of the sculpture take the place

of the warm embrace I've never known.

Or should I just be here now

In the kitchen

Bare feet on linoleum

Bored - but not unhappy

Cutting vegetables over boiling water that I will later turn

into stew

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

TVInBlackAndBlue, on 23 Jun 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Her parents aren’t together, I’m guessing?

Her dad is staying with her it sounds like, and she suddenly hates her mother...who knows smh

The fact that the only thing she has to say about her mum is that her glamour lives on and on, but her dad is referenced as a pretty important part of her life in multiple songs.... At least when it's just 'dad' not 'daddy'....

:derpna2:

I don't think she suddenly hates her mother; it's been evident for some time that their relationship is strained. I first thought it was more than Patty simply shunning the spotlight when I read this poem in Vogue Italia:

Yikes... she definitely isn’t shy about putting her fam on blast lately (assuming this poem is about her and her life).

Yikes... she definitely isn’t shy about putting her fam on blast lately (assuming this poem is about her and her life).

I think when you pair that poem with her Mother's Day comments + the interview in which she said she wouldn't comment on a family matter until people had passed, then it all starts to make sense.

It's possibly all smoke and mirrors, but I don't think so.

somewhere in the middle i guess, i figured this was the most appropriate thread to ask/state something potentially controversial

but i never read that poem before, damn that's not a good look for ole Patty. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

'Get Free' as always been (and will probably forever be) the only song I truly care for on 'Lust for Life'. I know it gets slandered in an out of the Lana fandom, but to me it's quintessential weird Lana and I live for it.

I also think that '13 Beaches' and 'Heroine' are overrated. I honestly don't get the appeal with them, maybe a little on 'Heroine', but '13 Beaches' doesn't sound melodic in the slightest to my ears, never cared for it.

it's pretty obvious she isn't okay with her mum at all but excuse my poor ass english i didn't really get the meaning behind those can someone explain what she's trying to say about her mom?

lovers and mother

and brother

that she uttered

:smile3:

idk if i'd wanna watch Lana live if i could. i'd probably go anyways but i see too many of her videos barely singing its like you cant hear her at all and she'll even cover the mic sometimes for the effect or something

also i wish she was never so hung up on the image of being mysterious. back in her lizzy grant days she was much more open about what her songs meant 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

idk if i'd wanna watch Lana live if i could. i'd probably go anyways but i see too many of her videos barely singing its like you cant hear her at all and she'll even cover the mic sometimes for the effect or something

also i wish she was never so hung up on the image of being mysterious. back in her lizzy grant days she was much more open about what her songs meant 

I would see her again if I could but it would really do wonders for her shows if she ditched the heavy backing vocals. And sang louder. I get that her performance quality usually depends on her mood but that isn't really fair to the people who pay so much money to see her.

She should give it her all at each show... and even get a little weird and creative with her vocals like she used to in 2012-13.

But it's Lana and we never know what we're going to get so whatever lol

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I've seen her live before it was the last year, and honestly she sounded amazing idk why maybe cuz she took a break before she came here (UAE)? but that was so magical 

i didn't expect that tbh 

:smile3:

it's pretty obvious she isn't okay with her mum at all but excuse my poor ass english i didn't really get the meaning behind those can someone explain what she's trying to say about her mom?

lovers and mother

and brother

that she uttered

Your English is amazing, sis ... but anyway

I think we discussed this on one of the poetry threads when it came out; I'll try to find it and link you.

My interpretation is rather controversial.

ETA: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10294-lana-to-release-poetry-book-“violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass”/?p=778461

I would see her again if I could but it would really do wonders for her shows if she ditched the heavy backing vocals. And sang louder. I get that her performance quality usually depends on her mood but that isn't really fair to the people who pay so much money to see her.

She should give it her all at each show... and even get a little weird and creative with her vocals like she used to in 2012-13.

But it's Lana and we never know what we're going to get so whatever lol

I feel the exact same way, I feel lucky to have seen her in her prime live. I feel like she peaked in 2015 as far as vocal delivery goes and it's been kinda downhill from that point. There have been good performances ever since, but there are times it's almost cringy and awkward how little she tries and how bad she sounds. Or her still relying on that ever loud back track.

i saw her live in 2017 for the first time, and it was the only time i could've seen her as i started listening to her in 2014 and other than a few festivals im pretty sure she didn't come here? so anyways, i got the tickets on the day of the show with my mum because they sold out so fast online. the queue for was literally so long. it was also in summer and i hate the heat :facepalm:  the o2 academy in brixton has these slanted floors, so it's very uncomfortable to stand in and made my legs and feet ache for days. i witnessed many arguments at the concert too LOL. im trying to figure out if these factors made my experience literally the worst thing ever, but i feel like lana also just didn't give it her all and it wasn't worth seeing. i did get tickets for the nfr tour but... well. i don't think i'll get tickets for her again now but that's just my opinion. she's more of a studio artist i guess

tbh i don't think i would ever pay to go see her live.

if the tickets were free, sure

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me