Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

“They say I was born from money, but I was not”

girl........are we really doing this rn?

she def came from money and is privileged from her family. but i'm assuming at some point she started being entirely financially independent. so i think the (true) accusation that she's privileged and the (false) accusation that her dad bought her success gets tied up in her brain so she talks about how poor she was every opportunity she gets and pretends to have crawled out from under a bridge 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Queen of Disaster is her gayest bop

Money Power Glory demo is still a serve

NFR! is not better than Honeymoon

HIAB is cheesy as hell

NFR (the song) is one of her best title tracks

YES YES YES

hiab is a skip for me

also - honeymoon and ultraviolence remain her best albums. i just don't get how so many people think nfr is her best (although it's a good album of course but-)

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

she def came from money and is privileged from her family. but i'm assuming at some point she started being entirely financially independent. so i think the (true) accusation that she's privileged and the (false) accusation that her dad bought her success gets tied up in her brain so she talks about how poor she was every opportunity she gets

that’s what i’ve been thinking too, because i’ve seen/listened to multiple posts/interviews including in her new poetry audiobook where she talks about how she didn’t come from money and was actually basically poor. i love her but it does frustrate me a bit because even if she struggled a lot, she still did come from money and privilege. she was even born in manhattan new york lol out of all places.

i think it just comes down to the way she thinks and sees the world. same with her current controversies. like, i’m sure she means well and has good intentions, but it doesn’t translate in the way she means and where she’s coming from in her mind

the ultraviolence cover is boring, the B&W filter seems cheap and it tells no story she's literally just holding a car door

even the Honeymoon cover as tragic as it may be, is 10x more interesting than the UV cover :awkney: she definitely could’ve pulled off a b&w cover but just a more interesting shot would’ve been great

RVhKIwP.gif

even the Honeymoon cover as tragic as it may be, is 10x more interesting than the UV cover :awkney: she definitely could’ve pulled off a b&w cover but just a more interesting shot would’ve been great

NFR was the only Lana cover I instantly loved tbh 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

the ultraviolence cover is boring, the B&W filter seems cheap and it tells no story she's literally just holding a car door

agreed, that's why i got the UO version– i think that cover does tell a story and is much more interesting

aOaIzH2.gif

“They say I was born from money, but I was not”

girl........are we really doing this rn?

Yeah honestly, shit like that ^ is why I'm having a lot of trouble getting on board with Violet because, to me, it all comes across as a bit of a pity party.

I get that not everything is autobiographical, but that hits really close to home and she clearly believes that about herself.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

the violet audiobook and all the videos she's uploaded reading her poetry recently just really underscore how mediocre her poetry is.

I came here to say the same sort of thing. I have no intention to buy anything related to the project. To me I've seen enough and IMO its pretty bad, actually is cringe inducing.

I'm happy shes finally achieving one of her dreams but it just isn't my cup of tea.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Anyone else an atheist that cannot deal with songs like ITTJ 

that sound, the emotion, the vocals, all special. Guess I could always censor that particular offensive word....

I'm not really a fan of the song even aside from that lyric, but yes. Her namedropping Jesus also made me dislike MAC a bit, although I absolutely adore it otherwise.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

i think the money comments in violet are lana just expressing what she's trying to say wrong.

she was born into money. she wasn't like a rockefeller but she lived in a nice area and had successful parents.

what she does deny is that her parents money funded her career. i think thats what she gets defensive about. she said she wasn't even speaking to her dad for a long time when video games got big. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

NFR cover is meh 

People have came out of the woodwork lately and say it's her best, but to me... it's an eyesore. Too much going on, nice easter eggs and stuff I suppose; it's just kinda all over the place and ill executed/looks amateur and DIY through and through.