Thunderbolt

• Moderators
  • 4,870 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel, FL
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Favourite LDR Song:Daytona Meth / HDB / BBM Baby
  • Time Online: 84d 1h 46m 48s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

What are your favorite Lana songs and why? I'm really interested in reading about everyone's overall favorites, since we only have threads about favorites per album. She has so many more songs than what's been officially released and I'm curious to know what you guys rank above everything else out of her huge discography! I'll put my favorites below. Let's discuss. :)

Spoiler

I only wrote about my top five favorites because I don't want to spend another 30 minutes typing, but don't limit yourself to five if you don't want to! Long responses are encouraged, I love reading other fans' perspectives. I swear.  :rip:

• PrettyBaby, James19709, SitarHero and 7 others like this

eH1mCmL.gif 14417469274.gif eH1mCmL.gif

#42 OFFLINE   lola

lola

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Time Online: 39d 7h 45m 19s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Yayo >>>>>>>>

• evilentity, yayoop, Leo and 1 other like this

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

#43 OFFLINE   Chris Cuomo

Chris Cuomo

Right Wing Extremist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • LocationTime Warner Center, New York City
  • Fan Since:May 2012
  • Time Online: 111d 15h 4m 49s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Okay. I have pretty much have 4

So.. here we go. This is so fun omfg. :party: 

Spoiler

• Hundred Dollar Bill, Leo and prettydrugs like this
Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   yayoop

yayoop

the King of Disaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Locationthe edge of the universe
  • Fan Since:January 2012
  • Time Online: 40d 22h 54m 44s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Oooh, i love this! And i agree with what you have said about those songs ~

Spoiler

I don't even know .. hahaha

• Hundred Dollar Bill and Leo like this

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

#45 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Guys let's have one positive thread I really like it :heidi:

Children of the Bad Revolution is so underrated, the instrumental is incredible and really unique in her discography. That's just me replying, not saying my favorites yet. Okay, I guess I'll get started.

Spoiler

• PrettyBaby, James19709, Hundred Dollar Bill and 5 others like this

#46 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 17h 41m 12s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

OMFG this is so hard. My list changes every week and I like the big majority of her songs. Gonna make a list with the favorites favorites.

Spoiler

• Leo likes this

glgcDdT.gif

#47 OFFLINE   Hello Heaven

Hello Heaven

ghost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 3d 12h 21m 10s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

I can imagine I'm probably going to be adding to this list a lot. But here goes nothing...

Trash Magic

Spoiler

Come When You Call Me America

Spoiler

Junky Pride

Spoiler

Lolita

Spoiler

I'm going to add more later when it isn't mornig and I can think.

• SitarHero and Leo like this

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

#48 OFFLINE   Mileena

Mileena

Laura Palmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationThe Black Lodge
  • Time Online: 14d 14h 11m 14s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

come when you call me america: i love both versions but to me, the 2nd version is definitely the best. she sounds so sexy and enticing throughout the whole song and it sounds like a midnight laying in bed kind of song (in a good way) and the actual music itself sounds amazingly beautiful, there's not too much production going on and the drums are the most prominant thing in the song (something you don't often get with lana). and the way she says 'tell me a story daddy' omg.

my best days: i had kind of ignored this song for about 2 months until one time i decided to listen to it again recently, i like the way there's not many lyrics and that the music after she stops singing is the main thing of the song - it's one of lana's most unique songs if you ask me.

kill kill: this one has always been my favourite, i had heard AKA before born to die 'cause born to die wasn't out when i first liked lana but anyway. it sounds completely different from her other songs, i love the way it sounds so summery and chilled out too, it's a really interesting blend and even though the lyrics are unhappy it still sounds like an upbeat song.

off to the races: i had to include this one. i had always liked lana since july '11 but when i heard OTTR as a promotional single in december i was like 'that's it, she's fucking amazing'. the way her vocal range is really explored throughout the song is awesome and the overall quality of the song is sick.

diet mtn dew (2nd demo or whichever one it is with the orchestral ending): i've always loved this one, i love the lyrics, i love the atmosphere, i just love absolutely everything about the song, i really can't get enough of it.

disco: the way she sings throughout the song is absolutely beautiful and it's so simple and i love the way how at the end of the song you can hear the traffic outside - it just really adds something to the song.

honourable mentions: out with a bang, last girl on earth, yayo, get drunk, methamphetamines.

• Hello Heaven, PrettyBaby, Hundred Dollar Bill and 2 others like this

4r9w86.jpg

#49 OFFLINE   VegasBaby

VegasBaby

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 886 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Time Online: 7d 11h 37m 54s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

So hard to choose but..

Off To The Races/National Anthem - for me the best of BTD. So original, so badass and I fell in love with Lana as soon as I heard OTTR but NA cemented it. :flutter:

Pawn Shop Blues - amazing song. I could listen to it all day. The lyrics, the song, the melody, the guitar..all of it..perfect.

One of her most beautiful songs- lyrically, vocally and it gives me shivers some times. this song is actually the first song I listened to from AKA

Agreed. :yesnod:

Kill Kill - again another song i could listen to all day. Her voice in it is perfect. I love how she can change her voice like that, depending on the mood of the song.

RIDE

I love Ride. I can just hear it without actually paying any attention to the lyrics and is a great song. And if I pay attention to the lyrics sounds like her best answer too many questions people have about her and also with a amazing beat to it. Just love it.

:agree:

Gods & Monsters

In my mind everyone is the god and the monster when I listen to it. Like the side we feed the most is the one who will prevail

:shock: I love how you explained that. I adore the song.

Mermaid Motel - okay at first I admit, I wasn't really into this song. But then I had a breakthrough and I now adore it! The sound effects and the lyrics and the sensuality of it. Uh so good.

& Go-Go Dancer - judging on my username. A good beat and the sass "I never have to work 'cause my daddy is rich" :hottie:

Honourable Mentions: Yayo, Cola, Hollywood's Dead, Driving in Cars with Boys, Elvis

• Beemo and Chris Cuomo like this

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

#50 OFFLINE   rubytuesday

rubytuesday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationEl Ay
  • Time Online: 7d 10h 58m 27s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Last Girl On Earth - I fell in love the second I heard it. It's one of the view songs that are about HER, rather than her and a man, a man ect.

Elvis / You're Gonna Love Me - I love all the acoustic laptop-y sounded demos. These two are just sad and beautiful and nothing gets lost in the production.
  • Lanakai likes this

I have gold in my veins

#51 OFFLINE   trailerparkdarling-

trailerparkdarling-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Time Online: 1d 5h 12m 15s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

It's crazy, me and my best friend were just discussing this yesterday and we were saying how impossible it is. But I'll give it a go!

Pawn Shop Blues- I think if I was only ever allowed to listen to one Lana song, it would be this. It's sad and beautiful and I think it's one of Lana's best lyrical creations. I connect so much with the lyrics and they got me through a time of my life where I gave up someone I loved. The whole song just gives me shivers, it is beyond perfect in my opinion.

Trash Magic- This is almost the opposite of what I just said about PSB, because it doesn't really consist of many lyrics, but I adore this song. I love the feel of it, the almost sadness in her voice. It is beautiful.

Marilyn Monroe- I love Lana's fascination with Marilyn, I love the lyrics, I love the upbeat feel. It's catchy and lovely.

Raise Me Up- This song is another masterpiece. It just is. 

Junky Pride- I love Lana singing acoustically, and I love this song in particular because the lyrics are so beautiful. It's gentle and honest and I just really think you can see both her strength and vulnerability through this song.

Honorable mentions: Yayo, Dark Paradise, Body Electric, For K part 1, Dangerous Girl, Motel 6, Prom Song, Summertime Sadness. 

• yayoop and Leo like this

tumblr_mjifpjZBSu1rr0bkio2_500.png

#52 OFFLINE   Limelight

Limelight

L'Ennemi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Time Online: 36d 1h 58m 54s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hollywood's Dead: This is definitely my favorite one, I don't even know how to explain. "Try as I might, in the end it's a cruel world"

Other songs I love ( there are loads but just some here): Never Let Me Go, Pawn Shop Blues, Yayo, ( Godga, how much I cry with these songs  :icant: ) Driving In Car With Boys

Posted Image

#53 ONLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 79d 15h 3m 52s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Good thread!

Put the Radio On: I never saw this song mentioned on the forum, but I really love it. I like how she's talking about her love for fine things, and I like this obsession with being on the radio, which many singers have. They just want to be heard. Plus the piano parts of the instrumental are just flawless. :smile2:

The Man I Love: This song is just so excellent and unique, it actually makes me feel euphoric. (but for real, so good) When she sings: "I wanna fly, I wanna fly" my mood always soars. Plus the lyrics are genius. I like how she calls reality into question.

Body Electric: I just have to say one released song too! I have no idea what they did to her voice in the studio version, but it's freaking excellent. I like how it' so distant and robotic and awesome, the only thing that bothers me is that I have absolutely no idea what is it about. But still, I can't get enough. :really:

Butterflies: This song was such an instant love. I love her voice in this, and the tempo of the song. So slow but still powerful. And the lyrics are really complex and very well put together, they showcase what a great lyricist Lana is.

Damn You: I can't wait for that studio version to leak, but even the demo is just great! This song is a dream come true for me, because I listened to that snippet at least 1000 times, it's just addicting. And the full version is great, I love her songs which are about young love, there is a sense of lost innocence about them which makes me feel so nostalgic and sad in a bittersweet way. I love it. :aw:

Honorable mentions: Dayglo Reflection (like, how spooky can you get), Dum Dum, You and Me, Gramma

• Mileena likes this

#54 OFFLINE   Beemo

Beemo

P O I N S E T T I A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Time Online: 26d 17h 1m

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Pawn Shop Blues: This song invokes many emotions in me. I can't directly relate to the song, but the rawness of it really makes me feel so light headed in the most positive way ever. I can almost imagine a movie just based on the whole song itself, plus, the minimal production on the song makes it seem really vulnerable and sensitive - something that I feel gets overpowered by the soaring strings on most songs off of Born To Die and Paradise. 

Honorable mentions because of the feels:

Never Let Me Go, Lucky Ones, On Our Way

• Leo, VegasBaby and trashtrashtrash like this

The Girl You Used To Call The Queen of New York City

#55 OFFLINE   phahad

phahad

pretty dull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Time Online: 16d 8h 36m 54s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Where do i start  :defeated:  :defeated:

Spoiler

• PrettyBaby and Leo like this

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png

#56 OFFLINE   Jordan

Jordan

JOYRIDE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Time Online: 34d 15h 18m 45s

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

This is just much more difficult than I thought it would be. I love so many songs, it's hard to select them.

Spoiler

I exaggerated a little bit, it was too hard to choose.

• SitarHero likes this

#57 OFFLINE   YUNGATA

YUNGATA

~*~ #OGQUEEN ~*~

• OG Moderators
  • 3,599 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favourite LDR Song:Radio

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Great thread idea, i love seeing how other people respond to Lana's music on a more personal level. I'll try and keep mine short because I could just go on and on for pages tbh

Spoiler

I'll leave it there~

• PrettyBaby, James19709, Hundred Dollar Bill and 5 others like this

tumblr_n5hpyfLKlC1ss8rngo4_400.gif

#58 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

I have dance moves to this song including (but not limited to) shooting actions at "murdering them, murdering them just for fun" and **slow hairflips** at the HEYYYYY's which are best part of the song.

For me it's a lot of fanning myself. Will adopt these.

• YUNGATA likes this

#59 OFFLINE   YUNGATA

YUNGATA

~*~ #OGQUEEN ~*~

• OG Moderators
  • 3,599 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favourite LDR Song:Radio

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

For me it's a lot of fanning myself. Will adopt these.

Bonus points if you do it all while pouting as much as possible.

tumblr_n5hpyfLKlC1ss8rngo4_400.gif

#60 OFFLINE   Chris Cuomo

Chris Cuomo

Right Wing Extremist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • LocationTime Warner Center, New York City
  • Fan Since:May 2012
  • Time Online: 111d 15h 4m 49s

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Radio

Radio is just a melodic masterpiece. One of my favourite things about lana as a musician is that she's not afraid to use melody. That chorus oh God. It kind of feels like being in an ocean of strings and the drumming is the waves which is all very beautiful. It's not an overwhelming or cheesy beauty though, because it's cut with lana's cheeky perhaps a little provocative "how do you like me now?" This is juxtaposed with the empty/minimalist verses and I remember so clearly what it felt like to hear "oh sing it to me" for the first time and being submerged into that lush, beautiful string section. It left me a little breathless and that's something so rare and haunting you know? To truly be moved by a piece of music.

The way you described this song is pretty much perfect

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users