NamiraWilhelm

(Actual) Video Games

Nintendo just shared the news of Switch Lite. All Switch games won't work on it and it won't connect to a TV since it's made for only handheld gaming mode. Skip to 3:44 if you want more details.

It really looks like Wii U though lol :creep:

aDd2olc.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Nintendo just shared the news of Switch Lite. All Switch games won't work on it and it won't connect to a TV since it's made for only handheld gaming mode. Skip to 3:44 if you want more details.

It really looks like Wii U though lol :creep:

aDd2olc.jpg

I think it only applies to certain games that require motion controls like 1-2 Switch. All switch games can be played on it, but if the games requires motion control, you can use original Joy con sticks to play on the new lite version

nF70D0F.png

I think it only applies to certain games that require motion controls like 1-2 Switch. All switch games can be played on it, but if the games requires motion control, you can use original Joy con sticks to play on the new lite version

Oh, my bad. :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Whoops made a mistake.

It only supports game that is compatible with ''handheld mode', which will include the handheld icon on the game's information. Unsure on whether or not it has motion control, but it certainly does not have HD rumble. 

I heard that it has motion control (which would make sense, because they said Breath of the Wild can be played on it and some puzzles in the game uses motion control). But yeah, the rumble is gone.

... Wait, I just read at Zelda Universe that it won't have motion control either. :deadbanana: Anyway, whatever, I don't care lol, I have my Switch anyway. Just wanted to spread the news. =P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The Witcher 3 has as of today officially done the utter impossible and surpassed my childhood memories of Wind Waker being my favourite game of all time and Skyrim being my equally favourite game of all time. I even ordered a Ciri funko pop don't laugh at me. I have nothing but pure love and respect for the characters and I'm in process of reading the books. This video fucking broke me, this is how you thank your fans

Honestly shoutout to @@kitschesque just for being polish and having this heritage bitch ya lucky :krylie:

ZKcaooE.png

:kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3:

Are you excited for the Netflix show though? King Sapkowski himself is involved which can't be said about the games!

I have the HARDEST, I mean HARDEST time getting over the cast. I have a type in women and game Ciri and Yen definitely fall in that category so I'm being extremely careful with any other look than ingame, especially for Ciri which's basically my waifu uwu. And I'm not sure I like Cavill. Oh well I'll still def give them a chance. Love the armour's look from the poster. But I still think they'll blew it, don't trust Netflix. I think the first book was terrible though lmfao, I really assume it's a translation problem but it seemed to be incredibly badly written. Except from The Last Wish which was hilarious and exhilaratingly interesting. I don't mind if the games are slightly non canon to leave player choice but I'll be very careful with that with the series

ZKcaooE.png

Hey guys,
I'm starting to think that I might have a type- I need to study up on video games, any pointers? 

Like- what kind of video games are there? Gameplay-wise? 
What are the classic, classics? 
Which systems are the best, or what does each system offer that the other doesn't? Those brand demographics? 

I haven't played any real video games since having a dsi, and just playing strategy n puzzle games on, and the classics, like Pokemon, Mario etc. 
how's that changed? Got any rec's ? 

Future thaaaaaaank you's 
vodkaa

UV/Honeymoon

Hey guys,

I'm starting to think that I might have a type- I need to study up on video games, any pointers? 

Which systems are the best, or what does each system offer that the other doesn't? Those brand demographics? 

I haven't played any real video games since having a dsi, and just playing strategy n puzzle games on, and the classics, like Pokemon, Mario etc. 

Future thaaaaaaank you's 

vodkaa

lmaoooo this is so funny.

i major in video games so i’m here to tell you literally every person is different. in my games class you have people like me that are big all rounders to people who only fall into that animal crossing/mario kart style of casual gaming to chinese international students who have rarely played major games (until recently games consoles were banned in China). so basically what you should take from this is all types of “gamers” are valid. you should always be honest with the kind of games you actually like and are interested in.

major players in console gaming - microsoft (xbox), sony (playstation), nintendo (switch as of current). historically, companies such as sega (sonic the hedgehog) and atari (pac-man, space invaders, etc) were quite major too, but there defo aren’t as many brands of consoles as there used to be.

this is mostly because of the evolution of PC gaming. sites like steam (owned by valve, one of the most iconic game developers of all time) have allowed for better progression of indie development. if you want to know what’s hot on the gaming industry atm, the front page of steam is probably where it’s at - BUT steam is often criticised for not being super accessible for indie devs. sites like itch.io are a lot more accessible. the front page of itch is a good place to see what’s going on with indie games at the moment.

if you want info on the industry or some reading to do in your spare time, sites like kotaku are super easy going in terms of reads - or sites like gamasutra if you want something a bit more ~ industry ~.

but! my favourite way of teaching myself gaming crap? youtube! there are so many great content creators that create fun and easy to digest videos. if you’re totally new to gaming, i highly recommend did you know gaming. they make a video on a topic and give you a bunch of random fun facts. it’s taught me a lot about franchises i don’t even care about. it’ll also help you with gaming lingo and terminology.

https://m.youtube.com/user/DYKGaming/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=list

just watch all their most popular videos - even franchises you don’t know. it’s easy to listen to as well without having to watch (i like having things on as background noise so for me it’s perfect).

the gaming industry is so big it’s kind of hard to tell you what’s best, what biggest, you feel? the industry is changing and it’s changing RAPIDLY. especially with the introduction of VR. one person might tell you the “classics” are pong, pac-man and space invaders, another might say mario, sonic and pokemon and another might say doom, half life and halo. games are now at a point where there’s an actual history to them - they aren’t that modern anymore. i would just say look up some general info in those videos about these games and work around from there with the things that interest you.

personal list of games i recommend regardless of release date/style:

silent hill 2

grim fandango

doki doki literature club

american mcgee’s alice

animal crossing

stories untold

left 4 dead

fallout

the stanley parable

portal

day of the tentacle

etc. idk, maybe look some of them up and see if any of them take your fancy? i could expand on why each of these are great games if you want me to but rn i feel like i’m rambling

Hey guys,

Future thaaaaaaank you's 

vodkaa

Honestly if you ask me, the best things a gay can own are a 3DS and a Switch. 3DS because of its huge library of fantastic games (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus (underrated masterpiece!), plus the fact that it's fully compatible with DS games. Also, it's pretty cheap at this point. And the Switch because of its great exklusives, Wii U ports, and obviously the fact that all new Nintendo games are for Switch, not 3DS. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Honestly if you ask me, the best things a gay can own are a 3DS and a Switch. 3DS because of its huge library of fantastic games (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus (underrated masterpiece!), plus the fact that it's fully compatible with DS games. Also, it's pretty cheap at this point. And the Switch because of its great exklusives, Wii U ports, and obviously the fact that all new Nintendo games are for Switch, not 3DS. 

YESSS. A friend actually sorta lent me theirs bc they weren't using it, so I'll go ahead n check it out. Super Mario, n Kart- I've heard of Animal Crossing, it looks real cute, nd I'll check out Icarus nd Zelda better. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the switch, I might have to get a bit better invested w it w several games before I get one tho. THANK YOUUUU 

/

@electra  :O  

ok ok, u know ur stuff that's great, and honestly yeah I used to just play w handhelds growing up, LOVED puzzle and strategy games, combat too, nd just anything exploratory.

Yugioh, Pokemon, Naruto, shows I used to watch a lot, but no I gotta agree, ya play what ya play nd there's nothing wrong w that. This guy that I've been talking with LOVES Zelda so he sent me this vid to watch, Breath of the Wild, and it's basically the similar feel to what I'd play, just w better graphics nd a wider world. I just really wanna impress him, aside from it looking real fun of course ~ 

Got the console, PC typa games concept too, cool VR? That seems real promising, wonder what they'll do next with it. There was tech that sorta worked how you'd have several cameras within a space, 4 corner style, that allowed holograms for gameplay but I never followed w it bc I hardly even played. But that might come up too. Heard that VR gets ya a bit dizzy at first but peeps get used to it if anything 

and no yeah, THANK YOU for the lingo/ pop culture summaries of gaming thru yt, I'll check the link out and see what else I can delve into. I know that my friends play a lot of those games, so I'll probably test em out when we hang out or something. Heard Silent Hill n Fallout were their favorites. Thanks for the headstart ! 

UV/Honeymoon

YESSS. A friend actually sorta lent me theirs bc they weren't using it, so I'll go ahead n check it out. Super Mario, n Kart- I've heard of Animal Crossing, it looks real cute, nd I'll check out Icarus nd Zelda better. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the switch, I might have to get a bit better invested w it w several games before I get one tho. THANK YOUUUU 

I don't think there's a console with a better library than the 3DS, especially if you keep in mind that all the DS games are playable too, as I already mentioned. Also, you can even download some NES/SNES classics for quite cheap, including the best 2D jump'n'run of all time, Super Mario Bros. 3. :creep: And as you said, it's probably the best choice for you right now, it's cheap, there are soo many games available and you can really get into video games (again), and if you like it, you can still get a Switch at a later point once it's cheaper and has a larger game library. Also, there's a range of games called "Nintendo Selects", it's basically some of the best 3DS games for really cheap. 

And since I'm already at it, here's a little list of games for the 3DS I consider must-plays hehe:

• New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (!)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (DS)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I bought Outer Worlds today and I normally hate FPS on consoles but I'm enjoying it sooooo much!!! Huge Fallout feels but in like, better? Also got Metro Exodus a while back and I want to enjoy it so much but it's way too difficult for me I'm just very casual. Lately I've been mashing and mashing and mashing Rifts in Diablo 3 on Switch, I'm so excited for Diablo 44, probably the only person in the world who is lol but Diablo relaxes me a lot it's so satisfying.

ZKcaooE.png

Ok so after years I've finally bought my first ps4 hooray  :party:

I skipped ps3 entirely and got an xbox instead so I have a looooooooooooot of ps3 exclusives to play and a lot of ps4 games to play as well  :party:

I've already finished The Last of Us, Journey and Drake's Fortune  :party: I'm thinking of starting Fallout 4 or Persona 5 next

What have y'all been playing lately?

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains