NamiraWilhelm

(Actual) Video Games

basically;

Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison stated that game discs could be installed and played on more than one console.[45] Details released indicate that games are tied to Xbox Live accounts.[46] An unlock fee will be charged to play a registered game under a different Live account.[46]

I mean it just seems crappy for people who do buy pre owned games, depending on what that 'fee' is. Does that also meant people can't rent games any more I guess?

The thing that'll bug me is;

The Xbox One will not be backward compatible with Xbox 360 content, as the systems use different core architectures.[5] The Xbox 360 uses a PowerPC architecture and the Xbox One has moved to an x86-based one.[5]

I might not have the space to have both consoles set up, so it's a shame really.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Nothing is definitive about the always online stuff, i think they are watching people's reaction. They've said a lot a contradictory things that night, we'll have the full details at their E3 conference. I'm not surprised by the non-retrocompatibility it has became kind of normal now, only Nintendo keep having it on their console.

Microsoft’s Mattrick says he doesn’t think compatibility is really a problem. He said only 5% of customers play older games on a new videogame system anyway, so spending time and money to develop technology to allow them to play older games isn’t worth it.

“If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards,” he said.

:troll:

What does everyone think of the xbox one then? Namely the ridiculous used game thing >.>

I'm in such a gaming drought... I might dig out DA2 again... meh

Dragon Age 2 ? Again ? :horror:

Does anyone have any recommendations for good 3DS games? I need something new.

Save your money for Bravely Default imo

I hope they are just trolling.

Did you hate DA2 like most people then? I still enjoyed most of it, until more companies that do rpg's as well as bioware spring up I'm stuck with them! If only Bethesda introduced deep characters/romances/relationships into their games...

I hope they are just trolling.

Did you hate DA2 like most people then? I still enjoyed most of it, until more companies that do rpg's as well as bioware spring up I'm stuck with them! If only Bethesda introduced deep characters/romances/relationships into their games...

CD Projekt & Larian Studio, The Witcher 2 & Divinity 2 DKS :crossed:  DA2 was a beat'em all :smh:

Their romances aren't quite the same! Relationships like... in Mass Effect. Perfect. So long as no bugs ruin the script, but little personal touches like that make the world of difference for immersion.

Their romances aren't quite the same! Relationships like... in Mass Effect. Perfect. So long as no bugs ruin the script, but little personal touches like that make the world of difference for immersion.

I see your point, Bioware games are quite unique for this. I'm curious now, what choice did you make ? What do you thought about the end ? I heard a lot a people whining about it, i did the game with all the DLC and thought the end was fine :biblio:

basically;

Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison stated that game discs could be installed and played on more than one console.[45] Details released indicate that games are tied to Xbox Live accounts.[46] An unlock fee will be charged to play a registered game under a different Live account.[46]

I mean it just seems crappy for people who do buy pre owned games, depending on what that 'fee' is. Does that also meant people can't rent games any more I guess?

The thing that'll bug me is;

The Xbox One will not be backward compatible with Xbox 360 content, as the systems use different core architectures.[5] The Xbox 360 uses a PowerPC architecture and the Xbox One has moved to an x86-based one.[5]

I might not have the space to have both consoles set up, so it's a shame really.

I hate when systems don't have backwards compatibility and games being ties to an account is really stupid. Maybe they'll change it since so many people are complaining.

ll3d.png

I see your point, Bioware games are quite unique for this. I'm curious now, what choice did you make ? What do you thought about the end ? I heard a lot a people whining about it, i did the game with all the DLC and thought the end was fine :biblio:

You mean the ending choice or any choice?

Does that mean you played it with the extended ending or before it was released? Because I think the prior ending was the main problem. Another thing was how... the choices we made were made irrelevant you know? Like you could choose to save the rachni queen in the first game, but rather than there being consequences for there being no rachni queen, they randomly just created a new one out of thin air!

Some people were upset about their favourite characters not being part of the new team, and others annoyed that their romances were kind of taken away from them. I mean Jacob especially, can you imagine? 'I have another girl pregnant, soz' lol

(A small irk of mine was that Joker was not only not made romancable, but was stifled with the robot! But I appreciate that I can't have everyone :P

Several people who play the game and suffer the same ailment as him were pretty offended by this too >.<)

I didn't think it was so bad, I mean if I had the choice I probably would have gone for the predictable everyone lives happily ever after ending but that was mainly because I'd become so attached to my Shepard! I'd happily keep playing with her 5eva tbh, my favourite female protagonist ^.^

The main thing that annoys me about bioware tbh are the bugs >.<

Hey this sounds interesting though;

http://www.shacknews.com/article/78052/bound-by-flame-announced

I hate when systems don't have backwards compatibility and games being ties to an account is really stupid. Maybe they'll change it since so many people are complaining.

I guess by doing this they can then sell them to us again, like how we can buy older games off the PSN :teehee:  I hope there's a backlash though. Having so many consoles set up is too messy for my liking.

You mean the ending choice or any choice?

Does that mean you played it with the extended ending or before it was released? Because I think the prior ending was the main problem. Another thing was how... the choices we made were made irrelevant you know? Like you could choose to save the rachni queen in the first game, but rather than there being consequences for there being no rachni queen, they randomly just created a new one out of thin air!

Some people were upset about their favourite characters not being part of the new team, and others annoyed that their romances were kind of taken away from them. I mean Jacob especially, can you imagine? 'I have another girl pregnant, soz' lol

The big choices like the races you rescued and your final choice. I played with the extended cut, it just adds a couple cinematics, that don't really change the end. It's lame that they were forced to do that tbh but yeah it was like some choices we've made didn't really had any impact. You really get attached to your characters, the end of the second traumatized me forever. Seeing all my favorite characters fall one after the other, it was very painful  :defeated:

(A small irk of mine was that Joker was not only not made romancable, but was stifled with the robot! But I appreciate that I can't have everyone :P

Several people who play the game and suffer the same ailment as him were pretty offended by this too >.<)

I didn't think it was so bad, I mean if I had the choice I probably would have gone for the predictable everyone lives happily ever after ending but that was mainly because I'd become so attached to my Shepard! I'd happily keep playing with her 5eva tbh, my favourite female protagonist ^.^

The main thing that annoys me about bioware tbh are the bugs >.<

:omfg2: I wasn't focused on the romance but that robot love story was cute. I really liked her, she was always in my team along with Javik the only Prothean survivor :flutter: I don't remember having a bug in ME, Osbidian's & Bethesda's games are way more bugged :deadbanana:

Focus Home's games are reputed for not being well finished and the last Spiders game was bad. Focus have the videogames license of Games of Throne and the two GoT games they did weren't great :(

Some informations about Xbox One pre-owned games :facepalm: : http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publishers-to-receive-cut-of-xbox-one-pre-owned-sales-at-retail/0116137

Oh no it doesn't change anything but I think people appreciated the clarity. I actually can't remember my choices :defeated: I played once at first release and never found the desire to do so again yet... give it a while and I'll do a complete run through again.

Ah, everyone survived in mine! If they hadn't I'd have to reload!

Nah the DA games are more guilty of that. Only bugs I got for ME were for my modded pc games so that'd be my own doing! Like blond Kaidan, that was weird.

blond_kaidan_by_namirawilhelm-d48t8t7.jp

True but I want to be excited for -something- this year!! Nothing has intrigued me at all really >.<

My selection of memes because that's what conference are for :troll:

vwHuoun.png

hbWrLTD.jpg

No6KYVy.jpg

t8lwKHz.jpg

77Ug3ni.png

dGQuMjl.jpg

Qf2n1Sm.jpg

zbCcerR.png

g4DG6vU.jpg

This resume well the actual situation