Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

Jay -Z confirmed executive producer of "Great Gatsby" soundtrack

I figured this is mildy Lana related..

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-jayz-to-produce-perform-on-great-gatsby-soundtrack-20130315,0,6328971.story

Jay-Z plans to put a modern spin on jazz when he lends himself to the soundtrack for "The Great Gatsby."

Although the Bullitts, the musical designation for producer/musician Jeymes Samuel, leaked the news late last year, Jay-Z’s  involvement was officially confirmed Friday in a release from Warner Bros.

Jay-Z said he will bring a modern "Jazz Age" energy to the soundtrack for the adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel of 1920s America. He also promised the score will feature “the world's top musical artists,”..

Jay-Z will be executive producer of the soundtrack and contribute new songs to the score by composer Craig Armstrong, who worked with Luhrmann on "Moulin Rouge!" and "Romeo + Juliet."

Does this mean he will have contribution to all the songs? Can we expect those Emile Haynie beats  :pray:

If this is irrelevant go head and delete

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

^ He's post-restricted, don't attempt to engage him or give him the satisfaction of talking about the asinine thing he said. 

EDIT: post is gone, let's go on our merry way and actually discuss news!

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

is Lana really gonna do the scores or/and soundtrack? We didn't have any real confirmation did we?. Well we had her twitt but she didn't say anything after that

^ He's post-restricted, don't attempt to engage him or give him the satisfaction of talking about the asinine thing he said. 

??

glgcDdT.gif

Regardless of lana's input, I have such high hopes for this movie. Like I'm on the verge of becoming a gatsby stan and starting a tumblr dedicated to the cause. I hope he invited Nicki Minaj to collab with him for the soundtrack. But slows down her vocals so it's like real Jay-z vs Gay-z. I need this in my life.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I am so excited for this track I really can not anymore  :flutter:

Then he meets Lana, and then they do a song together that shits on Ridin' and then A$AP will be devastated because he didn't add Ridin' to his album

PREACH!  :worship:

god knows I tried

I hope he invited Nicki Minaj to collab with him for the soundtrack. But slows down her vocals so it's like real Jay-z vs Gay-z. I need this in my life.

If she's too busy with American Idol he can just lay down her tracks himself and speed 'em up. :teehee:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

so it's like real Jay-z vs Gay-z. I need this in my life.

Wait, are you, like, saying that Jay-Z is gay?? Because he’s black? You should be post-restricted. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Gal I agree with hiding the post and definitely some warning points but isn't a post ban a little hasty?

Wait, are you, like, saying that Jay-Z is gay?? Because he’s black? You should be post-restricted.

Like yeah, that's obvi what i'm saying. Why would u think any different? #reycist #cisscum

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Gal I agree with hiding the post and definitely some warning points but isn't a post ban a little hasty?

He said what was only the most offensive thing I've ever read on LDR.fm/LB, and not only that, it didn't come from a place of ignorance like previous mishaps here, it was intentionally callous. So no, a post ban isn't a little hasty. 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…