HeadBitch

Lana Del Rey Now: Interview With Princess Superstar ("Moije Joue" Producer)

tumblr_mj7h338rLo1rq171wo1_1280.png

Princess Superstar is Concetta Kirschner, a rapper DJ and producer based in New York. She worked with Lana back in 2009, one of the tracks they worked on together (Moi Je Joue) leaked online last year. We contacted Princess Superstar to ask her a few questions about her experiences with Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzy Grant. Here’s what she had to say:

Thank you for taking some time out to answer our questions, Concetta! Let’s start with the basics

Q: When did you first meet Lizzy Grant? 

A: My boyfriend, Miguel Ortego, is a music producer. [He] discovered her and introduced us. This was like 2009.

Q: The ‘Kill Kill’ EP was released in October 2008 under the name Lizzy Grant, Had you heard about Lizzy prior to meeting her? Which name was she using at the time you met?

A: No, I did not hear about her and she was using ‘Lana Del Rey’ already.

Q: How did your relationship with Lana evolve into plans for the studio? 

A: That just happened. She was a big fan and wanted to work with me and I wanted to work with her because her voice and style were great.

Q: Some may already know that you were the person who introduced Lana to one of her current managers, Ben Mawson, who has had a big effect on her career. Can you explain how the meeting came about?

A: [Lana and I] were working together and I really believed in her, so I introduced her to my then lawyer, Ben Mawson, who I knew was a hustler in the music biz. We all met at the Bowery Hotel in New York, I played him the music and then he became her manager.

Q: The seducing ‘Moi Je Joue’ surfaced online last year. We’d like to know a bit more about the process of the song, was it what both of you had in mind originally?

A: No not at all, I have no idea how that got out because it’s beyond rough and the worst one that we did together.

Q: Could you tell us more about any other tracks we haven’t heard?

A: There are a few others, not really sure - it was the past, I am on to other things now. But they were definitely more creative, interesting and happy songs. In my opinion, cooler than the vibe she has now, which is pretty dark.

Q: Which track from your sessions together are you most fond of?

A: This incredible song called “Maha”.

Q: Do you recall Lana’s personal favourite?

A: That was her favorite too, I think.

Princess Superstar’s upcoming album “The New Evolution” is out April 15th.

Interview posted & edited by Lana Del Rey Now

z445hpI.png

I wanted it to be longer but she didn't want to answer questions about lyrics :oprah:

Ultra gay. Yeah, brief but...informative, I suppose.

I love Moije Joue, though :heidi:

Q: Some may already know that you were the person who introduced Lana to one of her current managers, Ben Mawson, who has had a big effect on her career. Can you explain how the meeting came about?

A: [Lana and I] were working together and I really believed in her, so I introduced her to my then lawyer, Ben Mawson, who I knew was a hustler in the music biz. We all met at the Bowery Hotel in New York, I played him the music and then he became her manager.

Bitch.   :dorothy2:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Q: Could you tell us more about any other tracks we haven’t heard?

A: There are a few others, not really sure - it was the past, I am on to other things now. But they were definitely more creative, interesting and happy songs. In my opinion, cooler than the vibe she has now, which is pretty dark.

Interesting thoughts...I kind of agree with Princess.

glgcDdT.gif

"But they were definitely more creative, interesting and happy songs. In my opinion, cooler than the vibe she has now, which is pretty dark."

That was probably during Lana's "tube chasing" era. I always think about Kinda Outta Luck when taking about fun, creative, happy and upbeat song.

up45I.gif

"cooler than the vibe she has now"

omg shade

but yeah def. #LeakMaha

thnx 4 d interview guys!

I first thought cooler as in opposed to the darker heaver stuff? Like happier stuff? idk maybe it's shade I'm honestly not good with that stuff anyways

ER1eLiL.jpg?1