HeadBitch

Lana Del Rey Now: Interview With Princess Superstar ("Moije Joue" Producer)

has other (and consistent/redundant) info to the interview based on PS tweets.

I think they both deserve kudos for a fairly unrecognizable cover (extension,  mutation, hommage, or whatever) of Brigitte Bardot's - Moi Je Joue song (1964?). The link below gets a video for Bardot's song, which seems quite different.

LDR/PS song also samples Bardot's according to the post link I gave. I think that's likely but I'm no Bardot expert.

The LDR/PS work seems solidly and deliberately produced (nice layers, interesting complex vocals). It's hard for me to believe it didn't come out as intended. While it's interesting to hear PS speak lowly of MJJ, I wonder if she's just trying to throw off interest in the track (meaning they do want to release it someday). This speculation is in the spirit of the words tattooed on LDR's right hand.

As a WAG, Jealous Girl and Hit and Run could also have come from their sessions. 

Thanks for posting the interview. 

I purchased her Pateron and this is what she had else to say about Lana.

Hi guys, as promised in your tier you get an unreleased track and this time it's MAJOR- me and Lana Del Rey!

Great story- in 2009 my husband told me he found this "cool singer" Lizzie Grant and she was a big fan of mine. I said I didn't have a lot of time (LOL!) and ok let's see what she's about. 

I loved her immediately except she was a bad performer (which if you remember SNL you would concur).   I wanted to sample all 60s music for her and we made three tracks in my apartment on the Lower East Side in NYC. This is one of my faves. I introduced her to my lawyer at the time, Ben Mawson and then two years later Lana Del Rey was born. The rest is history. 

Exclusive for you guys! When Lana was merely Lizzy Grant with a failed record, my husband met her and said "I've found this really great singer you have to work with her!" I said ok I am not much of a producer but I will try LOL.   I worked with her and produced a few songs and this is one of my faves. We recorded this at my apartment in the Lower East Side in NYC and then brought it to a studio in Tribeca. She was shy but undeniably talented and inspired me to make super cool tracks for her. Let me know what you think!

Hi guys! This one is called Golden Grill and I produced it in 2008 (I think?? LOL my brain!!) I was living in Red Square, a cool building on the Lower East Side on NYC- and had a crappy bedroom studio with just one tiny little input board and a shitty mic. I wanted to make it like she was a James Bond girl and we were doing the soundtrack!! So we made this. I just love it even though it's rudimentary production for sure. She was so nervous back then, she thought everything she sang sucked and I was just cheering her on and told her how she great she was. Enjoy!

For some reason I can't post in the Audio thread but once I get permission I'll post the files.

Edit: nevermind I guess they're right there in the post!

Edited by CUMCMYTITS
realized audio was in post, also post was 2x for some reason

On 10/16/2021 at 12:00 AM, mansongirl said:

I purchased her Pateron and this is what she had else to say about Lana.

Great story- in 2009 my husband told me he found this "cool singer" Lizzie Grant and she was a big fan of mine.

thanks for posting this, and bless her husband lol

On 3/11/2023 at 10:59 PM, HeadBitch said:

The way Princess Superstar not only gave a shout-out to our classic interview with her, but also highlighted a classic @Trash Magic art piece. We're a part of her "legacy".

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpqQHXeN-jB/

whitney-houston-point.gif

Also regarding PS’s story times, she’s retold the same general scenario on 4 different occasions this year alone - we literally drained her out of most of her material from her time with Lana 😭

Although hearing the same story has gotten old, I’ll still be eating up every time she talks about LDR lmao 

lPqTY1H.jpg