Sign in to follow this  
foxgrl

Steubenville, Ohio Rape Case [TW: Rape and Rape Culture]

God, this is so heinous. 

5203091110.jpg

This is from a kid that was at the party that night who was also caught on video saying atrocities. And this is only a few of the tweets. There's also a ton of text messages. When you read through this shit it sounds like these people are all clinically insane.  

I feel so hopeless after reading about this case over the last few days. How do you talk to people like this and to the people who defend this shit? How do you educate people who have been born into this terrifying way of thinking (or not thinking)? I see insane comments at the end of some of these articles or youtube videos and then the slew of comments in response to the idiocy, but, i don't know, it seems mostly futile, like it's only supplying the meatheads with fodder to laugh at. That is if they even listen in the first place. Those videos that PrettyBaby posted...am i being too cynical to think that people from that town in Ohio and most of the rape apologists across the country would just immediately laugh at the guy, mock him, call him a fag, and dismiss him after two seconds, accusing him of thinking too much, and that he doesn’t know how to have fun, and that he's just a pussy? I mean, i know that it’s a slow, frustrating process and that the change has to absolutely be a fundamental one, but i can't help feel that inevitable hopelessness. And i also hate that when i read stuff like this my anger leads me to start thinking an eye for an eye. What good is that. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

ugh this is disgusting. I honestly have no words. I was just watching that video of one of those guys who raped her and he was fucking laughing and talking about it like it was no big deal omg I had to turn it off, felt like throwing up. I just...idk, makes me think about how some assholes say that girls deserve to be raped if they're wearing "provocative" outfits. Its so gross that I always have to think about what I'm wearing when I go out,watch over my shoulder when its late because you never know what creep might come up behind you and...ugh. Its one of my worst fears. 

5203091110.jpg

Well, the meaning of Rape Me is that a girl is being raped or going to be raped and is yelling at the rapist "Come on, rape me!" because she's sure he'll be punished for it someday.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Those videos that PrettyBaby posted...am i being too cynical to think that people from that town in Ohio and most of the rape apologists across the country would just immediately laugh at the guy, mock him, call him a fag, and dismiss him after two seconds, accusing him of thinking too much, and that he doesn’t know how to have fun, and that he's just a pussy? I mean, i know that it’s a slow, frustrating process and that the change has to absolutely be a fundamental one, but i can't help feel that inevitable hopelessness. 

Many will laugh it off, yes. But in my experience, people hold to belief systems in greater and lesser degrees. There are people on the fence who can be emboldened to stand for justice if they have the dots connected for them, if they are given a vocabulary in which to discuss and think about the issues, etc. Then there are the people next to the people on the fence, who can be encouraged to come closer to the fence if they see someone who was silent suddenly taking a stand...

It's excruciatingly slow. But I believe if more people speak up about these things, it will make a difference in the long run.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I spent a while yesterday reading several articles on this and seeing other peoples inputs on facebook, twitter etc. This is absolutely disgusting and it makes me feel physically sick. Unfortunately this is something that happens everywhere around the world. I read quite a few articles that referred to the rapists as "poor young boys who had so much ahead of them." When I read that I literally sat gobsmacked with my mouth hanging open utterly confused as to why these horrible men are being referred to as "poor young boys". I really could not give one little shit if they had their "whole lives ahead of them". I hope their lives are ruined. I hope the guilt of what they did to that girl never leaves them. 

On facebook/twitter/etc I saw a few status updates saying things like "she shouldn't have been so drunk then" or "she knew the guys, she didn't forcefully say no, therefore it's not rape". No. There are no excuses for the acts these boys committed against her, and it certainly is rape. She didn't forcefully fight them off because she wasn't in a fit state to, but I'm betting she would have at least mumbled  that she didn't want this. And even if she didn't say anything (probably due to being very drunk) she wouldn't have wanted any of that to happen. Most (do not mistake me for saying that i mean every man) men will not know the fear of walking down a street even in broad daylight by yourself if there is a man walking nearby, or being at a party and getting more drunk than you anticipated. From personal experience I can tell you that the fear that you really could be raped even just walking down your street is a common fear among women, and it's a horrible, horrible feeling. Rape is rape, even if the victim did not forcefully resist, if the victim said no, yet the person went ahead anyway or the victim was far too drunk to consent to sex then it is rape and these boys should not be pityed or shown as "poor young boys with bright futures ahead of them". They should be painted as rapists and carry that around with them for the rest of their lives without pity.

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

I spent a while yesterday reading several articles on this and seeing other peoples inputs on facebook, twitter etc. This is absolutely disgusting and it makes me feel physically sick. Unfortunately this is something that happens everywhere around the world. I read quite a few articles that referred to the rapists as "poor young boys who had so much ahead of them." When I read that I literally sat gobsmacked with my mouth hanging open utterly confused as to why these horrible men are being referred to as "poor young boys". I really could not give one little shit if they had their "whole lives ahead of them". I hope their lives are ruined. I hope the guilt of what they did to that girl never leaves them. 

On facebook/twitter/etc I saw a few status updates saying things like "she shouldn't have been so drunk then" or "she knew the guys, she didn't forcefully say no, therefore it's not rape". No. There are no excuses for the acts these boys committed against her, and it certainly is rape. She didn't forcefully fight them off because she wasn't in a fit state to, but I'm betting she would have at least mumbled  that she didn't want this. And even if she didn't say anything (probably due to being very drunk) she wouldn't have wanted any of that to happen. Most (do not mistake me for saying that i mean every man) men will not know the fear of walking down a street even in broad daylight by yourself if there is a man walking nearby, or being at a party and getting more drunk than you anticipated. From personal experience I can tell you that the fear that you really could be raped even just walking down your street is a common fear among women, and it's a horrible, horrible feeling. Rape is rape, even if the victim did not forcefully resist, if the victim said no, yet the person went ahead anyway or the victim was far too drunk to consent to sex then it is rape and these boys should not be pityed or shown as "poor young boys with bright futures ahead of them". They should be painted as rapists and carry that around with them for the rest of their lives without pity.

Sadly, so true. Especially when one has been harrassed, molested or attacked before. I've been assaulted and harrassed before and this fear is all to real for me. I couldnt've said your post better.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I felt sick reading the article. The proud that he feels of raping that girl is the most shocking part and the way others react. If this piece of shit was at my school and show me that video i would beat the shit out of him. Everyone that laugh at that is sick mental case. Girls learn that you shouldn't go out alone and take good care of your friends dont leave them behind. Things like this makes me ashamed of b a guy.

stkRUDM.jpg

Give those guy's the Mexican treatment

These shocking photos show how the bodies of seven men were found on plastic chairs in Mexico having been shot in the head, with threat messages nailed to some of their chests using ice picks

A placard on one of the bodies, which were found early yesterday morning in Uruapan, Michoacan state, said: ‘Warning! This will happen to thieves, kidnappers, sex offenders and extortionists.’

fWNQBmK.png

glgcDdT.gif

These shocking photos show how the bodies of seven men were found on plastic chairs in Mexico having been shot in the head, with threat messages nailed to some of their chests using ice picks

A placard on one of the bodies, which were found early yesterday morning in Uruapan, Michoacan state, said: ‘Warning! This will happen to thieves, kidnappers, sex offenders and extortionists.’

fWNQBmK.png

that's disgusting. no wonder mexico has the worst image in the world

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Sadly, so true. Especially when one has been harrassed, molested or attacked before. I've been assaulted and harrassed before and this fear is all to real for me. I couldnt've said your post better.

I am so sorry to hear that you have no idea. Can't imagine how that must feel if you ever need anything feel free to pm if you wish. Hope everything is ok with you now

glgcDdT.gif

that's disgusting. no wonder mexico has the worst image in the world

tbh I don't care what happens to rapists. One of my best friends was kidnapped her family payed the randsom and they killed her anyway. So I don't care what happens to kidnappers also. I feel really sorry for the thiefs and the extortionists tho

glgcDdT.gif

tbh I don't care what happens to rapists. One of my best friends was kidnapped her family payed the randsom and they killed her anyway. So I don't care what happens to kidnappers also. I feel really sorry for the thiefs and the extortionists tho

it's not your decision though and it's not the decision of the people who killed those men or anyone else either. it's the judge's decision what happens to criminals. we can't just have people taking revenge on criminals just because they think it's their right to do so

it's not your decision though and it's not the decision of the people who killed those men or anyone else either. it's the judge's decision what happens to criminals. we can't just have people taking revenge on criminals just because they think it's their right to do so

I never said it was right I said I didn't care what happened to kidnappers and rapists. I agree with what you said.  I am against death penalty or torture but if you ask me if I care about such bastards I don't. Like I said feel sorry for the thiefs and extortionists but the pedo's, rapists and kidnappers I can't feel any sympathy what so ever. Just being honest.

glgcDdT.gif

fWNQBmK.png

No, that is not the answer- the death penalty never is! What happened was disgusting, but so is that.

VyIsfwC.jpg