Sign in to follow this  
MermaidTrailerHeaven

Brigitte Bardot

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!

Had no clue she was a racist though....I've always wanted to meet her, but I guess she would hate me because of my ethnicity  :facepalm: 

Is she racist against African Americans?

Anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUa1kNcczTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej90_9vjAxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ2mGqL1HEk

tumblr_m3oetafV1e1r2bruto1_500.jpgBrigitte_Bardot.jpg

Great content! :party:

To my knowledge, she had an outburst about disliking Muslims, and about immigration. I don't know her preference toward African Americans.

It's a shame that she is that way. She was so iconic, so glamorous, so gorgeous.

Her first album, Brigitte Bardot Sings from 1963 is in my top albums of all time. 

ALIL_146__42312__01152009120813-7343.jpg

Her music is pretty much dismissed as generic and uninspired, i'm guessing because she was mostly considered of value only for her looks. Her first album is really peculiar and covers so many genres--surf, vaudeville, mariachi, orchestral, big band, jazz, cartoon music, "novelty" songs, ballads, and more. How generic can her music be if her first of two albums covers that much musical territory in half an hour? Ye-ye albums of the period don't really sound like this, so i have no idea what people are talking about. As for her singing, she's not versatile and doesn't have a big range, no, but so what, that's not all there is to singing. She makes up for it with a playful and irresistible voice full of character and charisma. I will always defend her music. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Her first album, Brigitte Bardot Sings from 1963 is in my top albums of all time. 

ALIL_146__42312__01152009120813-7343.jpg

Her music is pretty much dismissed as generic and uninspired, i'm guessing because she was mostly considered of value only for her looks. Her first album is really peculiar and covers so many genres--surf, vaudeville, mariachi, orchestral, big band, jazz, cartoon music, "novelty" songs, ballads, and more. How generic can her music be if her first of two albums covers that much musical territory in half an hour? Ye-ye albums of the period don't really sound like this, so i have no idea what people are talking about. As for her singing, she's not versatile and doesn't have a big range, no, but so what, that's not all there is to singing. She makes up for it with a playful and irresistible voice full of character and charisma. I will always defend her music. 

Any chance you have a link to BB & Brigitte Bardot Sings? :)

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

Great content! :party: To my knowledge, she had an outburst about disliking Muslims, and about immigration. I don't know her preference toward African Americans. It's a shame that she is that way. She was so iconic, so glamorous, so gorgeous.

Marilyn Monroe, Brigitte Bardot,Jean Harlow, & Jayne Mansfield are the most timeless beautys from the 1900s imo, it seems all of them had a good personality, except for Brigitte. I really am saddened to hear about her horrible views. Also, have you noticed how horribly she's aged? It's sad, she's so likable in films & I really enjoy her music.

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

Great content! :party: To my knowledge, she had an outburst about disliking Muslims, and about immigration. I don't know her preference toward African Americans. It's a shame that she is that way. She was so iconic, so glamorous, so gorgeous.

Yes she was. Now she's just a racist and homophobe famous old lady and I hate her for that.

new310x39820614592-1-fre-FRParrainages-B

:creep:

I can't help but like her. My mother use to play The Best of Bardot when she would clean the house or whatever, and I really loved it.  Bubble Gum is my all time favourite song from the record.Though I'll admit the record isn't really anything special, it was the first record I really enjoyed listening to as a child and still do. 

Brigitte Bardot- The early years was a recent discovery and it slays me. 

Je Me Donne A Qui Me Plait 

And Brigitte Bardot Sings is also a really good album. God, thank you for reminding me about this woman's existence. I'm going to listen to her now. :flutter:

VyIsfwC.jpg

oh , that's fine!

Do you have a link to where I can buy them?

If I were you I'd try amazon or maybe see if there's some sort of old music store in your area, I purchased The Early Years at an old record shop.  There's always illegal downloading.  :creep:   :creep:

VyIsfwC.jpg

I like her. Love some of her songs.!!! I just never really got or liked the fact she is a homophobe since she was always known as someone avant. There is a staute of BB in Buzios (beautiful little riviera town in Rio State) and a border called Orla Bardot. She came here a lot during the 60'.

EtsfPjt.jpg

I didn't knew she was a racist. I know she doesn't like Muslims. But muslim  is not really a race is a religion and being against a religion or massive imigrants  doesn't make you a racist maybe intolerante but racist?

glgcDdT.gif

She's one of my favourite beauties  :flutter: just so effortlessly stunning.

tumblr_mf6q84OLt31rydwamo1_500.gif

Her music is really sweet too, her voice is so irresistible. Brigitte's version of Everybody Loves My Baby is so cute and sexy  :flutter: I'm a sucker for French accents anyway.

What were her racist and homophobic comments? I'm actually curious :ohno:. There is some stuff on the internet but with no traceable sources really. I asked a French friend about it and he said she only made some comments about immigration as far as he knows (not that it makes it okay, but plenty of old ladies in the UK are worried my people will take over their country next year  :facepalm: ).

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif