Sign in to follow this  
MermaidTrailerHeaven

Brigitte Bardot

I didn't knew she was a racist. I know she doesn't like Muslims. But muslim  is not really a race is a religion and being against a religion or massive imigrants  doesn't make you a racist maybe intolerante but racist?

Sounds like a racist thing to me. Why would she specifically hate Muslims and not Christians for example? 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Sounds like a racist thing to me. Why would she specifically hate Muslims and not Christians for example? 

well in this case it's because she feels like muslims are invading her country. Seeing as France has always been white and a very Christian nation for a while, the coming of a new culture could make some feel threatened I suppose. especially when muslims are portrayed as terrorists by much of the media and people. 

VyIsfwC.jpg

thats a hard question to answer honestly without sounding ignorant. I don't know her reasons but I can imagine a few. Just wanted to make it clear that I am talking about a religion here not a race or any particular nationality.

To me the big difference between muslims and most religions is that is not only a religion is also the law. In several countries the Koran is not only a religious book like the Bible but is also the law through which the State operates. To me such thing should be unconstitutional. Having the power over society and applying a religion, the word of God any God, over such society is too much power over one persons life. No one or any State should have such power. IMO every State should be laic.

When the State is not secular but governed by a particular religious belief fairness among society is impossible IMO. Takes away one of our primary rights which is freedom of choice which if you think about takes away freedom itself. There is a reason why justice is called blind. Because a blind justice hears the facts, doesn't see a color, a race,, a belief or a stereotype.

In several countries the Koran operates as statute that every citizen must obey blindly, unquestioningly for the rest of his life. I can;t say I don't understand BB or even agree with her. That is obviously talking about extreme muslims the ones that really follow the radical wing. It's not a few that do a lot of them do. When they leave their country to go to Belgium, England or France they don't leave the rules of their society behind and start living like a western. Several take such laws with them and apply them in whatever country they are living in. It's like me using my Brazilian bikini to a muslim beach or using my short shorts with my tops in Saudi Arabia. Wouldn't end up whell.

In any way what I am saying is rascist. Is just a honest answer. Cultural shock between a French citizen and muslims is inevitable and can bring, like it did and still does, some pretty nasty consequences to society. You can't let kids wear a burke at school in Paris. Is just crazy to think such thing. The French always stood up for human rights and the womens rights. People tend to forget that lots of other people fighted so we could have the life we do now.

Many died for so you and I be able to walk freely on the streets, vote, do what we want, choose whatever religion we want, wear whatever we want, marry who we love, for gays to be free in their choices and live like anyone else. Having radicals take your country and live their like they were living in their own country obeying to their own rules and not the rules of the country they are living creates and generates segregation. Nothing good can came from segregation.

This subject is delicated and I hope I didn't offend anyone's religion. I just wanted to make it clear that I have a couple muslims friends and I love them. They are not radical tho they are muslims in the same level you're a christian or a buddist.

I have a problem, makes me crazy, when people mix religion with society x laws. In Brazil a couple hard core evangelics (fanatics) were elected to the sanate. I think that is absurd and ultrageous. I would think the same about a fanatic catholic priest.

When the subject is radical muslims they are extremely intolerant among others and they do a terrible job for the rest of the moderate muslims. The thing is Europe today fears quite a lot the radical muslim, they fear the ones that they open their doors too.

They banned the burke and the veil. When they did that the muslim males raped the muslims unveiled females. To them that was a fair punishment and the LAW. Can you tell me BB was wrong?

glgcDdT.gif

Any chance you have a link to BB & Brigitte Bardot Sings? :)

Spotify, a user directed radio, has a fair amount of Bardot recordings. All you need is a facebook account to access the free (with commercials) streaming service. They don't have this album, but BB 1964 has the original for the LDR cover.