Pretend

Little Boots

Little+Boots+2013.png

Victoria Christina Hesketh, also known by her stage name/pseudonym Little Boots, is an Englishelectropop singer-songwriter. Her stage name comes from a nickname given to her by a friend, a reference to her unusually small feet. As a musician, Little Boots sings and plays the piano, keyboards, synthesizer, Stylophone and a Japanese electronic instrument called Tenori-on. 

After a return to college to focus on her studies, Hesketh along with two of her fellow students formed the electronic/indie pop band Dead Disco. The band had limited releases of their four singles but due to increasingly different ideas about the band’s musical direction, Hesketh left to pursue a solo career. Hesketh has cited as influences The Human LeagueGary NumanKraftwerkPink FloydKylie Minogue,Britney Spears, and Jean Michel Jarre.

Hesketh began writing her own songs and posting covers on the social networking sites such as YouTube and MySpace. After appearing on several shows including Later… with Jools Holland and Last Call with Carson Daly, Hesketh entered production on her debut album Hands. With increasing media attention regarding her then-yet-to-be-released debut album, Hesketh topped the BBC Sound of 2009 poll and received a BRIT Critics Choice nomination. With the release of her debut she has been linked to a recent wave of breakthrough female artists in their twenties playing 1980s-influenced music, including Lady Gaga,LadyhawkeFlorence and The Machine, and Elly Jackson of La Roux.

Her new album is out in May and it's PERFECT  :lange:

remedy, earthquake, ghost, no brakes, mathematics and hearts colide and meddle used to be my JAMS back in 2008. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME TO REDOWNLOAD HER MUSIC INTO MY ITUNES LIBRARY!

back in summer '08 (when i was into her) i used to eat this very cheap but very tasty japanese candy and used to listen to these songs and play yoville on facebook :creep: dose wer da deys man. 

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png

I like her sometimes, but I can get tired of her really easily too. :teehee: 

I feel bad that she had that massive leak (of unreleased songs, with some new ones too) a couple months ago...it seemed to happen at a really inopportune time. Still, only one (or two?) songs on the album were in it, so I guess it's alright after all. 

I'm sad "Headphones" isn't on the album. It was my favorite of the new singles, and I think The Knocks are incredible. :(

flawless bitch. So Excited for the Broken Record video (if theres gonna be one). I understand why Headphones isnt on Nocturnes. Its because it doesnt fit with the feel of the rest of the album. Headphones is obviously highly influnced by Kylie Minogue and sounds very pop and its not very electronic sounding. Boots said she wanted to created a classy electro-pop album because most pop has loads of shitty overused 'dubstep' beats.

I worship this woman. She is absolutely amazing. So poetic, beautiful yet instantly understandable. Her songs are just so brilliant.

The new album is sure to be amazing. Hands is the second-best record of 2009 (behind Gaga's THE FAME MONSTER) and Remedy is pure perfection. :legend:

I really hope she tours in support of Nocturnes.

Shame about the unreleased tracks, must have been devastating :defeated:

L4L-Sig1_zpsd1c0fc6e.png

I LOVE her, I downloaded her recently leaked album prototype, and I can't believe almost everything was scrapped from there.

I'm currently anxiously waiting for the new album, though it seriously lets me down that it only has 10 songs.

Album prototype?

BzhmW.png

A 16-track compilation called "Beat of Your Heart" made up by all unreleased tracks, that was intended to be her next album, was leaked.

Do you know how someone got ahold of it in the first place?

BzhmW.png

Beat Of Your Heart was an album made up by a fan with a lot of her unreleased material, named after the lyrics in Beat Beat.

Also, Nocturnes is utter perfection. Standout tracks are Confusion, All For You and Beat Beat.

sigjs.jpg