Hundred Dollar Bill

Lana Del Rey and Barrie James O'Neill Duet: "SUMMER WINE"

Why does there need to be a specific purpose for this? Lana and Nowels have been collaborating for a long time now. They record in his own studio, with his equipment, so there isn't much money and rented studio time involved. Judging by their numerous fruitful outcomes, their relationship has exceeded the producer-produces-song-for-singer relationship. They obviously have a lot in common as artistic minds, so why would pursuing that mutual creative drive be motivated by money or other commercial backgrounds? 

Christ, when did I ever suggest those were the only possible reasons for her releasing a song this way? Would I really be on a forum for someone I thought so little of? I was wondering along the lines if it could have been an out-take for the upcoming album, that's all. Speculation doesn't have to be looking a gift horse in the mouth, I've made it clear I love this gift in this thread.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

all of her song were recorded in a studio? loads of artists release mixtapes, eps and albums for free that were also recorded in a studio and probably involved more personnel than here with lana. all of the unreleased songs we have she didn't make any money with but were also recorded with producers (sometimes important)

Yes but now that she's no longer an unknown, and given that Nowels is such a top cat, and she's actually intentionally put this out there to be heard, It seems different, I don't know...

Christ, when did I ever suggest those were the only possible reasons for her releasing a song this way? Would I really be on a forum for someone I thought so little of? I was wondering along the lines if it could have been an out-take for the upcoming album, that's all. Speculation doesn't have to be looking a gift horse in the mouth, I've made it clear I love this gift in this thread.

Why are you getting so defensive? Lola and I simply disagreed with your speculation of this being possibly intended for a future release of some sort. 

Why are you getting so defensive? Lola and I simply disagreed with your speculation of this being possibly intended for a future release of some sort. 

Lol let's not make assumptions, it's never perceived right on the internet. But saying I think Lana would -only- release something for 'financial gain' is fairly detrimental no? So of course I'm going to counter that given that it's totally false.

Lol let's not make assumptions, it's never perceived right on the internet. But saying I think Lana would -only- release something for 'financial gain' is fairly detrimental no? So of course I'm going to counter that given that it's totally false.

I can't keep track anymore. 

I think Namira's question is a valid one--Lana's current circumstances are very different now than they were in her past, so prior motives may not necessarily apply now. I found the responses to the question a little defensive, not the other way around, and very idealist. I strongly doubt anyone has the answer at this time though.

By the way, the "horse plant" and other things it's been called is topiary.  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

It's odd that there is no producer cred on the lanaDelRey video where it says "No description available". Maybe LDR and Barrie snuck into Rick's studio to lay down the track while he was out of town. I know Rick's management said he produced it, but maybe that's Rick or his management covering for Lana's rogue behavior. Not a serious suggestion, but I still have a ways to 25 posts.

I wish Nancy would tweet something about their cover. Has Leonard Cohen commented on his cover at all?

THIS IS AMAZING I LOVE THIS I AM FANGIRLING LANA & BARRIE ARE SO CUTE THEY ARE THE BESTEST SUMMER WINE DON'T DO THIS TO ME LANA OMG ITS LIKE SONY AND CHER ALL OVER AGAIN I CAN NOT I AM GOING TO CHOKE UP A LUNG.  :icant:

god knows I tried

There's something that kind of gives me a hard time about "Summer Wine." First of all, it's that some of the footage's original sound can be heard throughout the song. The beginning can easily be edited as there is a clear cut between the studio track and the footage sound track, but at the end of the song I have to add a horrible fade and still hear the wind...  :pft:

There's something that kind of gives me a hard time about "Summer Wine." First of all, it's that some of the footage's original sound can be heard throughout the song. The beginning can easily be edited as there is a clear cut between the studio track and the footage sound track, but at the end of the song I have to add a horrible fade and still hear the wind...  :pft:

this, i tried to edit the end too but it never sounds clear or good... i want a studio mix so badly  :aw:

i76mrxw.png