Just Cherry

St. Tropez

What does "came tonight to put my work on display" mean? :)

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think it means her actual work, like performing. Given the superficiality of the song, I assumed it was talking about her partying to have a fling with the guy, 'put her work on display', and to keep it like that without actually falling in love. The way she says it and the context of the song doesn't match with her talking about real life work. Like, she wouldn't just slip something in about performing and working - I think the song is meant to give us a simple fun image of her partying and nothing more. :)

The context: " I came tonight to put my work on display, bringing New York down to St. Tropez............you've already forgotten even though I just said it, I won't fall in love...". I think this line proves that she is referring to her 'work' as her state of being a 'sensual' party girl, maybe her body etc. Guessing the bit about New York is referring to her bringing down her party New York image to st. Tropez. Sorry for the essay, I get carried away with lana related topics :D

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think it means her actual work, like performing. Given the superficiality of the song, I assumed it was talking about her partying to have a fling with the guy, 'put her work on display', and to keep it like that without actually falling in love. The way she says it and the context of the song doesn't match with her talking about real life work. Like, she wouldn't just slip something in about performing and working - I think the song is meant to give us a simple fun image of her partying and nothing more. :)

The context: " I came tonight to put my work on display, bringing New York down to St. Tropez............you've already forgotten even though I just said it, I won't fall in love...". I think this line proves that she is referring to her 'work' as her state of being a 'sensual' party girl, maybe her body etc. Guessing the bit about New York is referring to her bringing down her party New York image to st. Tropez. Sorry for the essay, I get carried away with lana related topics :D

Yes, "work" feels like "body" here. She brings a piece of New York to St Tropez because she's the queen of it, remember.  :creepna2:

SCARFACE2371.png

I absolutely LOVE this song :dance: It's so refreshing and it makes me feel like I'm there with her in St.Tropez when I hear this song. 

That's just one of her talents, for me, Lana can make me feel like I experienced the things she's singing about in her song.