LDRO

The Great Gatsby Soundtrack

Since getting 'Young and Beautiful' several other Gatsby songs have been revealed. I'd thought I'd compile them, compare and rate and so on.

Beyonce and Andre 3000 - Back To Black

by

Rating: 3/10

Review: Honestly terrible. I agree with Amy's dad. They just haven't touched on the original. Andre 3000's section at the beginning is terrible. At time, his voice sound good with the beat, however many of the times it sounds terrible. Beyonce then come in and well.... I expected more. I original expected that she'd be brillant. I was wrong. Worst cover I've heard this year, and now we know the reason this was not initally picked as the official single.

Florence and the Machine - Over The Love

by

Rating: 10/10

Review: As much as I love 'Young and Beautiful', I cannot deny that this is the stand-out track of the album so far for me. Some may say that it sounds like all over their other material. However, this is one of the best songs I've seen them deliver. A perfect song. 

Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock - A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)

by

Rating: 6/10

Review: Catches the 1920's era with the instrumental at the beginning, and then goes into some pop record that likes like a RedOne production which disappointed me. I wish they kept to the era, but it's nice to hear Fergie again since the BEP departure. Q-Tip and GoonRock make the record sound like a Will.I.Am record. I guess she's found her replacements for the Black Eyed Peas. 

Sia - Kill and Run

by

Rating: 5/10

Review: First listen, and my thoughts are this is supposed to be a Lana Del Rey record. And then I found about who co-written the record. And not to my surprise it was Chris Braide, a regular writer and producer with Lana. A soulful song, yet in the back of my mind I just want Lana's voice on the track. And secondly after learning of Sia, all I can imagine her singing is 'Titanium'. Sorry Sia.

The xx - Together 

by

Rating: 7/10

Review: I personally love anything the xx do. Their albums are my favourite and I have them on vinyl, and this I need on vinyl. I can imagine this being played throughout the film. I'm just in love. 

Nero - Into The Past

by

Rating: 9/10

Review: I'm a big follower of Nero. I've seen them live twice, and their songs are mainly commercial and mainstream big athems. This however is a complete oppiste. The beginning is dreamy and then it goes into a mellow drum and bass scene. I'm glad they asked Nero to contribute to make the soundtrack diverse. Do I think it goes with Gatsby however? No. 

I think Andre's part of Back To Black is outstanding. He's just fantastic - he really made the song his own. Whereas Beyonce's verses are bland... she brings nothing to it. Andre should have done the full song by himself.

20r46kx.jpg

Omg and you were telling me how basic some artists were   :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Omg and you were telling me how basic some artists were   :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Sorry, but in the soundtrack Sia's track and Fergie's are better than Florence, abd you need to let go things, you can't hold on in the past hun, ain't my fault if you keep liking basic bitches tho

tumblr_mltjb8IxDv1s2gvfyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

i like the back to black's cover, but it seems that everyone hate it hahaha ,

I like it too. It's such a Iconic song and so "Amy"  that whoever did a new version would be criticized since the original is so good.They did a completely different approach and I like the final result. It's not even close to the original but is good in her own way IMO

glgcDdT.gif

I like it too. It's such a Iconic song and so "Amy"  that whoever did a new version would be criticized since the original is so good.They did a completely different approach and I like the final result. It's not even close to the original but is good in her own way IMO

i think the same too, and i really like the original song but the cover is good and different.