teethclick

Björk

I just did this a couple months ago but it's already changed a lot and I want to keep this thread alive so here's my current ranking of the albums:

Debut- 9/10

Post- 9/10

Homogenic- 9.5/10

Vespertine- 9/10

Medulla- 8/10

Volta- 9/10

Biophilia- 8/10

Vulnicura- 8.5/10

From what I've heard for now this is my ranking

Debut  8/10 - I couldn't get a lot into Aeroplane, Crying and Violently Happy.

Post  9/10 - There's some filler songs in here, wich are not bad but not outstanding either (Cough cough Cover Me, You've been flirting again)

Homogenic 10/10 - Probably my favorite album of all time

Vespertine  8/10 - I'm still getting into it, the first half is perfect, but the other I can't seem to get into An Echo, a Stain, Harm of Will and Unison, but I'd just heard them three times.

Vulnicura 9.5/10 - Amazing, I hate how abrupt it ends but I love every single second of this album

8nl2OpX.png

I STILL haven't been able to get fully into Debut. It's always been a little bland and uninteresting to me, at least compared to everything else she's released. There are some amazing songs on it of course! 

Did you see her singing it live a month ago at the Royal Albert Hall? absolutely stunning

No not yet!! I still haven't omg. I've been meaning to do it and get back to this thread but all the Lana drama lately. :rip: 

14417469274.gif

Okay I'm so sad, I've been trying to get into Vespertine for 3 months now and I can't, after Aurora the album loses a lot of strength for me, probably is my least favorite album of her (which is so sad because the first half is perfection) :icant:

8nl2OpX.png

Okay I'm so sad, I've been trying to get into Vespertine for 3 months now and I can't, after Aurora the album loses a lot of strength for me, probably is my least favorite album of her (which is so sad because the first half is perfection) :icant:

I thought the last part of the album was boring for a while too. I think it just grows on you with time.

I actually prefer the second half a million times. The first one is good, obviously, but Undo and especially It's Not Up to You definitely don't catch my attention as much as Sun In My Mouth or Harm of Will.

I feel like the song that detracts most is an echo, a stain, which is undoubtedly a very weird song and different than the rest of the album, but I fee like sun in my mouth, harm of will, and unison really shine if you get past an echo a stain (which is still a great track just very dark)

smile.gif

@TheBoss keep listening!!! especially try the second half as a laying in bed while you're falling asleep type mood. An Echo, a Stain & Sun in My Mouth are some of her most gorgeous recordings in my opinion. Heirloom stands out as the worst to me, but Harm of Will is super visual and cinematic for me. I love making up stories to that song. Unison is ultra hypnotic and a perfect closer. This song deserves a million listeners.

H0bDaqU.gif

You guys, today I heard the second half again and saw the light :icant: I still can't get into Harm Of Will, Heirloom and Sun in My Mouth are cute, but Unison tho, it's BEAUTIFUL I'm shook, that last chorus :oprah:

8nl2OpX.png

I love herrrrr but it took me so much timeee. in fact i havent heard anything apart from Debut, Post, Homogenic and Vespertine, but i love them all! (i started listening  because of a thread on atrl which was meant to talk about her discography). I need to listen to Volta, Medulla and Vulnicura next