teethclick

Björk

I finally listened to the album in full and... I really hope it will grow on me.

Arisen My Senses is such a misleading opener. It’s so incredible and bright and bombastic.

And then the rest of the album is just.... meandering and all over the place imo.

And what the heck happened with Losss? The beat only matches for 30 seconds out of the 7 minutes.

But I’m sure it will grow on me because I already like it more than some of my first listens of her other albums.

I feel like the first half or the album really drags aside from Blissing Me.

I do like Utopia, it’s a beautiful album, but I’m a little underwhelmed overall. :(

Vulnicura had some stronger tracks in general.. she needs to refocus on those good melodies that I know she’s capable of writing!

Half of Utopia is just lacking a solid song structure. The songs, while gorgeous, seem to wander around aimlessly.

My initial favorites would have to be...

Loss, Claimstaker, Future Forever :flutter: :cuteface:

14417469274.gif

I finally got my digipack copy !
I LOVE the album. I'm happy to consider that the Björk I like is really still here (I didn't liked the Vulnicura era).

The brightness of Utopia is so warm and full of humanity.

My faves are :

Features Creatures (this one is pure gold)

Body Memory :worship: What a wonderful awnser to Black Lake

Saint

Claimstaker

Utopia

The only track I like less than the others is Courtship

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

i still need to get the flac (im listening to the low quality leak because the links people were passing either downloaded extremely slowly or got flagged as viruses for me :toofunny: ) but is it really clearer than the cd rip leak?  i noticed the gate seemed really overly loud compared to the version i purchased when it was first released.

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

She needs to get the fuck away from Arca.

Sadly, I kind of agree with this.

I love them individually and their friendship together is so cute but his instrumentals just don’t fit with her songs.

It was perfect on Vulnicura when he came in towards the end and added smaller things, but imo it’s too disjointed on Utopia.

I don’t mean to be a hater because I love Bjork and I love Arca, but I strongly feel that they can do much better than this.

I finally listened to the album in full and... I really hope it will grow on me.

Arisen My Senses is such a misleading opener. It’s so incredible and bright and bombastic.

And then the rest of the album is just.... meandering and all over the place imo.

And what the heck happened with Losss? The beat only matches for 30 seconds out of the 7 minutes.

But I’m sure it will grow on me because I already like it more than some of my first listens of her other albums.

This! I love the melody in Loss, but the beats are so annoying and out of place, it really sounds like Homogenic but they are all over the place  :biblio:.

8nl2OpX.png

i still need to get the flac (im listening to the low quality leak because the links people were passing either downloaded extremely slowly or got flagged as viruses for me :toofunny: ) but is it really clearer than the cd rip leak?  i noticed the gate seemed really overly loud compared to the version i purchased when it was first released.

The leak definitely had something weird quality wise, the actual version sounds much better.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Amazing:

Arisen My Senses

Blissing Me

Courtship

Good:

The Gate

Claimstaker

Future Forever

Losss

Sue Me

Meh:

Utopia

Features Creatures

Saint (instrumental on point, vocals are annoying)

Paradisia

Tabula Rasa (was really excited for this one, was very disappointed)

Ew:

Body Memory (I can't get past the growls)

listening to the flac quality version now, i've had the cd rip on loop since it leaked but im glad im finally getting to hear it in a decent quality.  (hopefully my cd actually ships soon  :deadbanana: )

blissing me is probably my favorite track at least for now.  it's getting stuck in my head often and i love the lyrics even if they may be basic or cheesy, i hope i can experience the things the song is expressing sometime soon

unrelated to utopia, can someone send me Altantic?  it's the only track i think i'm missing from debut

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Best:

Loss

Sue Me

Courtship

Arisen My Senses

Utopia

Tabula Rasa
Claimstaker

Good:

The Gate

Body Memory

Features Creatures

Paradisa
Blissing Me

Meh:

Saint (instrumental in the beginning is very nice tho)

Future Forever

utopia's so good but does anyone else dislike the cover she chose for the album

that cover is ridiculous and her explanation of the "concept" is the most randomic, pretentious and hipster thing i've ever read in years and i've read the lyrics of the new Arcade Fire album

an hiroshima-esque atrocity

people say shes being her but its obvious that Arca is influencing her and not in a good way.