teethclick

Björk

found this really interesting, thoughts?

i also would put Vespertine at 1 and Volta at 9

i saw that video too and it made me wanna get into björk alot more than i already have. i've heard debut and some songs on homogenic and some few other songs. what's a good album to go for next?

i saw that video too and it made me wanna get into björk alot more than i already have. i've heard debut and some songs on homogenic and some few other songs. what's a good album to go for next?

if you liked debut, post - homogenic, try vespertine

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Post, Vespertine, and definitely finish listening to Homogeniic

Are you rich? :defeated:

I wish, it's all about finding the deals! I don't really have any expenses right now though so that helps a lot.  :toofunny:

edit: i just added up how much everything in that picture cost and bye  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

found this really interesting, thoughts?

I actually, for once, agreed with a lot of his commentary about the albums. However, I fundamentally disagree with the placement of certain records. For example, Utopia and Vulnicura are, to me, two of her most cohesive and interesting works to date and I would personally have placed them as two of her best albums. I also think he's overstating the quality of Debut and especially Post - they are both fantastic albums but they are not as conceptual or cohesive as her other albums, and they don't have their own unique style in the way that her other records do, which makes them sort of like a mishmash of different styles. Post has a lot of amazing songs but personally the worst songs on this album are some of her all-time worst. Even with Biophilia, he admits that there are songs he doesn't enjoy that much and he wishes the instrumentation was more "grand", yet it ranks quite high in his list.

Vespertine is my favourite album as well, and I would probably put Volta last too, but the biggest problem for me is how much he underrates Vulnicura and Utopia - two of her most creative albums ever.

Also, what is it with him not mentioning the most beautiful song on Medúlla, AKA "Vökuro"??? I know it is a cover but that song is a masterpiece. And mess at him mispronouncing "Jóga" with a 'j' sound rather than 'y' sound.

If I were to make a ranking it would be something like this:

Vespertine > Vulnicura > Homogenic > Utopia > Medúlla > Debut > Post > Biophilia > Volta

Honestly though, it is so so hard to rank her albums because as he states, the quality of all of her work is impeccable and there is not a single "bad" album.

homogenic > vulnicura > vespertine > utopia > volta > debut > medulla > (edit - cant believe i forgot this mess: biophilia > ) post  is my newest ranking

what are y'all hoping for on the hopeful-to-happen utopia tour?  i'm kinda wanting to hear Cover Me, Pneumonia, and Unison personally.

also personally the only songs i dislike on volta are Hope and Declare Independence and i don't even dislike them that much.  but the record as whole i have to admit is forgettable compared to the rest of her discography

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

What's the date of the show? :flutter:

Non existent :rip: bc it wasn't announced yet. She did say she's coming with this tour though. She played 13 times in my city <3

Non existent :rip: bc it wasn't announced yet. She did say she's coming with this tour though. She played 13 times in my city <3

I need to see her next time she comes here she's my second favourite artist after Lana. Listening to Biophilia rn

Crystalline, Cosmogony and Mutual Core :defeated:

+ Nattura & Thunderbolt & VIRUS!!!! Moon & Solstice are beautiful.. I love this album. It’s my favorite after Vespertine. Bio is the first Björk album I ever listened to & I just adore it so much.

14417469274.gif