Agoraphobic Alligator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Fan Since:Off The Races surfaced
  • Time Online: 15d 5h 9m 10s

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hey sisters I got a little experience I want to share with you. It's connected to Björk, but not about her work.

I went to WeLoveGreen festival to see her, and I'm not used to concerts. I wanted to see her as close as possible so I did what I had to be just in front of the scene. It was a perfect show, very magical. But the sound was SO loud, the bass was extrem and I didn't had any earplug to protect me (even if I knew I had to), then I had an audio-trauma diagnostic for 1 week and a half, my right ear was blocked. I was scared as s**t that it would never come back to normal. I'm very lucky to live in France and having almost 100% free healthcare, but it can costs a lot.
That naive behaviour of not protecting ourselves at concerts is really stupid 'cause the damages can be very heavy. It's a very happy ending for me, I'm lucky. Really.

SO SISTERS, don't be as stupid as I was, and ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR OH SO PRECIOUS EARS AT SHOWS PLEASE.

(and fk that kind of extrem sounds are not even enjoyable)

BpkqY7qIQAElA78.jpg

• jvcx and ram like this

700821lust4lifebewitched2.png   + See my pics at 8mm-illusions.tumblr.com

#1302 OFFLINE   jvcx

jvcx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Fan Since:February 2012
  • Time Online: 35d 23h 29m 28s

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

Hey sisters I got a little experience I want to share with you. It's connected to Björk, but not about her work.

I went to WeLoveGreen festival to see her, and I'm not used to concerts. I wanted to see her as close as possible so I did what I had to be just in front of the scene. It was a perfect show, very magical. But the sound was SO loud, the bass was extrem and I didn't had any earplug to protect me (even if I knew I had to), then I had an audio-trauma diagnostic for 1 week and a half, my right ear was blocked. I was scared as s**t that it would never come back to normal. I'm very lucky to live in France and having almost 100% free healthcare, but it can costs a lot.
That naive behaviour of not protecting ourselves at concerts is really stupid 'cause the damages can be very heavy. It's a very happy ending for me, I'm lucky. Really.

SO SISTERS, don't be as stupid as I was, and ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR OH SO PRECIOUS EARS AT SHOWS PLEASE.

(and fk that kind of extrem sounds are not even enjoyable)

Yeah I've seen people saying that the bass is extremely loud especially during Arisen my senses. I'm so happy that you ended up being okay, and yes I wish some people would realize that even one concert can fuck up your hearing real bad. I sort of learned this the hard way myself as I used to go to arena concerts and club gigs without earplugs - and I always left them with my ears ringing and I didn't take it seriously as the ringing had usually stopped the next morning when I woke up; until one morning when my left ear was still ringing. I observed the situation for a few days until I went to a doctor and I left with papers about tinnitus since there's basically no way to treat it. I couldn't fall asleep unless I had a little bit of noise around me so I used to have some CD playing in the background.

Almost four years have passed since then and the tinnitus in my left year is somewhat more "distant" than in the beginning or I'm just so used to it I don't really notice it in my everyday life anymore. Either way I have these annoying days every now and then when the ringing/buzzing is louder than usually so yeah my left ear is definitely damaged. I don't remember nor know what it feels like to be in complete silence anymore. I do my best to avoid loud noises (this even includes my boyfriend and our friend playing PS4 because they make a lot of those) and I definitely have my precious earplugs with me at concerts and when I (these days very rarely) go to clubs. I try to be as careful as possible yet still enjoy myself because I don't want my left ear to go deaf eventually which is a scary probability.

I don't know if people think they look embarrassing with earplugs or something but I definitely recommend them. Not only do they protect your hearing very effectively but there's also earplugs designed especially for concerts and clubs etc. that filter the noise, bass etc. and eventually you can actually hear a lot better than those not wearing any earplugs. In Finland you can find earplugs made of foam pretty much everywhere but they're almost always disposable and very annoying to put in your ears, at least for me they popped out almost immediately. So I got myself silicone ones online that I can put perfectly into my ears in a second and they're also skin color so they aren't very noticeable - for like 20€. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made and like I said I don't even go to any bars without them. When people complain about the DJ playing music too loud, I can hear it clearly and enjoy it.

Moving to a way lighter subject however, I haven't mentioned this here before but Björk had a Finnish, London-based designer Klaus Haapaniemi design her furniture inspired by Icelandic fantasy landscapes and lava fields close to her remote summer house in Iceland. The furniture were custom-built here in Finland and a year ago they were available for the public to see for a short period of time at a gallery in Helsinki. Being fans of her, my boyfriend and I had plans of seeing it - and sit on the sofa before Björk lol - since we live half and hour from Helsinki but eventually we were busy with other stuff so we missed it.

And since we're talking about Björk and her connections with Finland, I'm bored so here's some fun stuff and facts.

Spoiler

#1303 ONLINE   triangles19

triangles19

Agoraphobic Alligator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Fan Since:Off The Races surfaced
  • Time Online: 15d 5h 9m 10s

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

Yeah I've seen people saying that the bass is extremely loud especially during Arisen my senses. I'm so happy that you ended up being okay, and yes I wish some people would realize that even one concert can fuck up your hearing real bad. I sort of learned this the hard way myself as I used to go to arena concerts and club gigs without earplugs - and I always left them with my ears ringing and I didn't take it seriously as the ringing had usually stopped the next morning when I woke up; until one morning when my left ear was still ringing. I observed the situation for a few days until I went to a doctor and I left with papers about tinnitus since there's basically no way to treat it. I couldn't fall asleep unless I had a little bit of noise around me so I used to have some CD playing in the background.

Almost four years have passed since then and the tinnitus in my left year is somewhat more "distant" than in the beginning or I'm just so used to it I don't really notice it in my everyday life anymore. Either way I have these annoying days every now and then when the ringing/buzzing is louder than usually so yeah my left ear is definitely damaged. I don't remember nor know what it feels like to be in complete silence anymore. I do my best to avoid loud noises (this even includes my boyfriend and our friend playing PS4 because they make a lot of those) and I definitely have my precious earplugs with me at concerts and when I (these days very rarely) go to clubs. I try to be as careful as possible yet still enjoy myself because I don't want my left ear to go deaf eventually which is a scary probability.

I don't know if people think they look embarrassing with earplugs or something but I definitely recommend them. Not only do they protect your hearing very effectively but there's also earplugs designed especially for concerts and clubs etc. that filter the noise, bass etc. and eventually you can actually hear a lot better than those not wearing any earplugs. In Finland you can find earplugs made of foam pretty much everywhere but they're almost always disposable and very annoying to put in your ears, at least for me they popped out almost immediately. So I got myself silicone ones online that I can put perfectly into my ears in a second and they're also skin color so they aren't very noticeable - for like 20€. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made and like I said I don't even go to any bars without them. When people complain about the DJ playing music too loud, I can hear it clearly and enjoy it.

Moving to a way lighter subject however, I haven't mentioned this here before but Björk had a Finnish, London-based designer Klaus Haapaniemi design her furniture inspired by Icelandic fantasy landscapes and lava fields close to her remote summer house in Iceland. The furniture were custom-built here in Finland and a year ago they were available for the public to see for a short period of time at a gallery in Helsinki. Being fans of her, my boyfriend and I had plans of seeing it - and sit on the sofa before Björk lol - since we live half and hour from Helsinki but eventually we were busy with other stuff so we missed it.

And since we're talking about Björk and her connections with Finland, I'm bored so here's some fun stuff and facts.

Spoiler

Oh my god, at the same time I feel sorry for you, but in the other hand so relieved that you don't pay attention to it almost all the time.

Your testimony reverbs a lot in me because my problem isn't as fixed as my doctor said.
I hear a tinnitus since the 2 lasts days, called my doctor, he said it could be some kind of a "scar" to the solved trauma. I'll see him in 2 day to learn further and dig deeper.

I'm scary as hell (I'll PM for a question).

+

I don't understand, will it be her personnal sofa ? It's beautiful, looks like Biophilia visuals. Now your mission is : go to Helsinki and check if the butt of mother nature 2.0 will be as comfortable as it must be.

700821lust4lifebewitched2.png   + See my pics at 8mm-illusions.tumblr.com

#1304 OFFLINE   jvcx

jvcx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Fan Since:February 2012
  • Time Online: 35d 23h 29m 28s

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:20 AM

Oh my god, at the same time I feel sorry for you, but in the other hand so relieved that you don't pay attention to it almost all the time.
Your testimony reverbs a lot in me because my problem isn't as fixed as my doctor said.
I hear a tinnitus since the 2 lasts days, called my doctor, he said it could be some kind of a "scar" to the solved trauma. I'll see him in 2 day to learn further and dig deeper.
I'm scary as hell (I'll PM for a question).

+

I don't understand, will it be her personnal sofa ? It's beautiful, looks like Biophilia visuals. Now your mission is : go to Helsinki and check if the butt of mother nature 2.0 will be as comfortable as it must be.

Oh I hope it's not too serious, sorry to hear that :defeated: Yep she ordered the sofa for her cabin in Iceland! The tapestry made and the sofa itself were named Black Lake, I think they had some items with the textile for sale but I don't know if they still have any of those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users