teethclick

Björk

Ok I saw it and I have mixed feelings, the mix is horrible in my opinion, the animations are great and I feel they are an improvement in quality to the ones from Tabula Rasa.

It's sad that Losss is the one that got shortened, when is actually one of the few songs that doesn't need it at all.

I like the videos of this one and Tabula Rasa but something about them feels so off to me because they’re entirely computer generated. I prefer the more live action videos like Arisen My Senses and Utopia.

Agree, I mean I don't hate them, at the end of the day they were just meant to be backdrop videos.

But there's something about the color palette used on the videos that doesn't scream Utopia at me at all, they are very neutral colors, which is so odd since the cover, the music videos and last tour were very colorful in essence.

8nl2OpX.png

Ok I saw it and I have mixed feelings, the mix is horrible in my opinion, the animations are great and I feel they are an improvement in quality to the ones from Tabula Rasa.

It's sad that Losss is the one that got shortened, when is actually one of the few songs that doesn't need it at all.

Agree, I mean I don't hate them, at the end of the day they were just meant to be backdrop videos.

But there's something about the color palette used on the videos that doesn't scream Utopia at me at all, they are very neutral colors, which is so odd since the cover, the music videos and last tour were very colorful in essence.

This

I wish they at least had some kind of background other than the plain black

I like the videos of this one and Tabula Rasa but something about them feels so off to me because they’re entirely computer generated. I prefer the more live action videos like Arisen My Senses and Utopia.

+1

giphy.gif

This

I wish they at least had some kind of background other than the plain black

And Tabula Rasa's plain Grey, like is there a more boring and neutral color than Grey? :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

hoping this is a farewell to uflopia era. lock it up girl....

She'll probably do some concerts next year, maybe drop a live album and another video or two within the next 12 months so keep on dreaming honey, if you do it hard enough you might actually get your wish  :kiss:

Utopia birdcall box set 

£500.00

set to be released november 1st 2019 

on the occasion of celebrating and wrapping up the utopia era, we are excited to share this special deluxe album boxset featuring 14 handmade birdcall flutes that have been individually selected by björk. 

created in collaboration with the company quelle est belle from the mountains of southern france, this deluxe edition boxset comes housed in a bespoke perspex case designed by m/m (paris). the hand-etched lid features an intricate design, while tinted side panels cast a softly coloured glow, illuminating the 14 unique birdcalls nestled inside individually assigned compartments. in the upper left corner sits a custom-made usb-c flash drive containing the music of utopia, along with videos, images and an exclusive, unreleased instrumental track. a discrete drawer below houses an eight-page colour booklet detailing each birdcall and providing instructions for use. 

"utopia is so much about birdsong and sonically the mutation between synth/bird , bird/flute , flute/synth ....... air like that was a theme through all of the album . so i got very excited when i found these handmade wooden flutes imitating precisely particular birds . and i guess wanted you guys to have an opportunity to share that with me ........ enjoy !!! warmthness, björk" 

contents of the usb :
unreleased 360 photos of björk
album and single artwork files
audio tracks
bonus track
remixes
bird call tutorial videos
arisen my senses video
the gate video
tabula rasa video
losss video
utopia video
blissing me video

the birdcalls featured are:
redshank common sandpiper, nuthatch, pheasant, goldfinch, black headed gull, robin, blackbird, chaffinch, long eared owl, great tit, lapwing, starling, blue tit, redstart, 

- - - -

why does she have to be this extra... okay it's a cool thought but can't she at least put out a toned down, cheaper box set as well for us who are poor as fuck

the new track is an instrumental flute piece :lmao:

500 pounds? I love her and all but yikes

that's 32 mil pesos argentinos  :toofloppy:

I am so late to this thread but I love this musical goddess of creation, she's my OG. Haven't been soul-stirred by any of her albums since Medulla though, which bums me out. I liked most of Biophilia but Volta (save for Innocence) can blow me. Vulnicura and Utopia I haven't really immersed myself in. But I will always love her and support her.

Isobel is my favorite song in the entire universe.

the new track is an instrumental flute piece :lmao:

that's 32 mil pesos argentinos :toofloppy:

My dumb ass doesn't know how much pesos argentinos or pounds is exactly in Chilean pesos, but it sounds like a lot :teehee:

430 mil Chilean pesos hahahaha she's delusional :toofunny: :rip:

That's like more than a months worth of pay on my future career :air:

8nl2OpX.png

How do you guys think her next project will sound? I mean, obviously we can't expect from her, she's always surprising us... but, after the absolute experimentalism of Biophilia, the orchestral ambiency of Vulnicura and the industrial electronica of Utopia, I wonder how she's going to start the new decade.

How do you guys think her next project will sound? I mean, obviously we can't expect from her, she's always surprising us... but, after the absolute experimentalism of Biophilia, the orchestral ambiency of Vulnicura and the industrial electronica of Utopia, I wonder how she's going to start the new decade.

Honestly I would adore if she would go back to some more basic melodies or some more basic structured songs.

I'd love something in the vein of Volta or Charlene, Idk what I'm talking about tbh, but I just know that I'm ready for her to move on from her experimental sounds and melodies.

8nl2OpX.png

I just want less Arca on the next album. There’s tons of other talented producers she could work with. I don’t think Arca adds anything special to her music since Vulnicura. I want better melodies and less ambience.

14417469274.gif