teethclick

Björk

Next album i want something very agressive and beat driven.

Piano, cello, baritone guitar, male choir vocals, handclaps as beats. 10-11 tracks.

Björk talking about eternal feminine, the concept of mothers teaching theirs boys.

Produced SOLELY by female producers.

Colours, dark green and graphite. Björk with a medusa hair in the album cover.

EZdHxII.gif

They just announced a short orchestral tour of like 6 dates and HELSINKI IS ONE OF THEM, RIP MY SAVINGS :defeated: Tickets on sale this Friday

87934463_10156938290702653_8620585243855

Edit: I'm still in shock, I never thought I would be able to see her this soon ohmygawddd let's hope I can get us good seats despite them being expensive as FUCK once again but hey anything for the queen   :krylie:  :crying:

They just announced a short orchestral tour of like 6 dates and HELSINKI IS ONE OF THEM, RIP MY SAVINGS :defeated:

Tickets on sale this Friday

Edit: I'm still in shock, I never thought I would be able to see her this soon ohmygawddd let's hope I can get us good seats despite them being expensive as FUCK once again but hey anything for the queen   :krylie:  :crying:

I am happy for you. Big Cheers! 

Seeing Bjork in concert is an out-of-this-world experience.  She has a truly unique voice and musical style.

I have been a fan of hers for many years, since the old days of the "Sugarcubes". Got all of her recordings.

Yeah, her stuff (including some concerts) are expensive, but what you get in return is something special.

However, by now , her company could start selling the stuff at a more reasonable price. 

Have a great time !

-

I am happy for you. Big Cheers! 

Seeing Bjork in concert is an out-of-this-world experience.  She has a truly unique voice and musical style.

I have been a fan of hers for many years, since the old days of the "Sugarcubes". Got all of her recordings.

Yeah, her stuff (including some concerts) are expensive, but what you get in return is something special.

However, by now , her company could start selling the stuff at a more reasonable price. 

Have a great time !

Thank you  :kiss: I saw her in 2018 for the first time so this will be my second. The first time she performed at a quite small venue so it felt somewhat intimate and I managed to get me and my boyfriend seats from the first row, stage design wise it was sort of a mistake because we could've seen the whole thing better slightly further but she did step right in front of us several times so it was absurd seeing her up close like that. It'll be interesting to see how this gig will turn out because the venue holds like 10,000-14,000 people. We'll probably try to get somewhere close but not too much.

- - - - -

Oh and the concerts are

02.7. Crocus Music Hall - Moscow, RU
06.7. Hartwall Arena - Helsinki, FI
09.7. Waldbühne Open Air - Berlin, GER
17.7. Siene Musicale - Paris, FR
20.7. Siene Musicale - Paris, FR
26.7. Bluedot Festival - Cheshire, UK

a reasonable setlist for this would be:

1. Utopia

2. I've Seen It All

3. Pleasure Is All Mine

4. Jóga

5. Stonemilker

6. Mutual Core

7. Losss

8. Body Memory

9. Isobel

10. Human Behaviour

11. Bachelorette

12. Unison

13. The Gate

14. All Is Full Of Love

15. Hidden Place

16. Hyperballad

17. Wanderlust 

18. Sue Me

19. Play Dead

20. Pluto

and i still feel like i'm reaching with 20 tracks, cause she will probably do 16-18

So I got an email from OLI with a presale code but their link just takes you to the site that's available for the general public lol. Would've been nice to select our seats in peace but I guess I'll just have to deal with the hunger games tomorrow

So I got an email from OLI with a presale code but their link just takes you to the site that's available for the general public lol. Would've been nice to select our seats in peace but I guess I'll just have to deal with the hunger games tomorrow

Hope it goes smoothly as possible, keep us updated!

8nl2OpX.png

Hope it goes smoothly as possible, keep us updated!

Thank you! Two hours to go 

FirmBlackandwhiteEquine-max-1mb.gif

Edit: I got us good seats omg    :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: I can't believe this is happening for the second time

whats your first Bjork memories? i remember watching Venus as a Boy on VH1 once and didnt gave a damn about it.

then someday later they played this video! i thought she was a 70-year old singer from middle east with real red afro :P

also i thought the video was from the 80's: chilidish but at the same time disturbing.... i loved it! then Biophilia Live got me hooked....

i remember as a little kid being terrified with the cocoon mv, my cousin who took care of me was a big bjork (and marilyn manson) fan, so i was afraid of bjork for a while growing up

but then i found out about biophilia and how she was creating all these amazing instruments and the app, and that's when i heard crystalline and fell in love, so since then, now as a 22 year old, i feel so deeply connected with a lot of the things i was "afraid" as a kid and bjork is one of them, my favorite song of all time belongs to her and i don't think there's ever gonna be another song that makes me feel the way i do when i hear pagan poetry

I remember seeing Björk on Stardoll (when it was still called My Paperdoll Heaven or something like that) as a kid and I honestly thought she was a Japanese singer or a model or something and had just picked a weird Scandinavian name to stand out  :defeated:

She did The Comet Song for Moomins and the Comet Chase back in 2010 so I remember seeing articles about it and my friend who is a journalism student actually attended the press event. I don't recall hearing any of her music until Army of Me in Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch in 2011 - I liked the movie and the soundtrack enough to buy the soundtrack as well and that's when I started listening to the song; I didn't even try anything else from her catalogue for years so she was just "the artist that sings Army of Me that played during Babydoll's samurai fight scene in Sucker Punch". But then Vulnicura came out, people talked about it on Twitter and I was fascinated by the album cover. So I downloaded it from Pirate Bay or something like that and the first time I actually listened to it was one sunny morning when I went to school by bike (I had just turned 19 at the time). Not really realizing it was all about strings, I barely heard any of it because of the traffic noise so the whole first listen was a huge flop lol. I hadn't listened to anything with such a big emphasis on strings and I honestly struggled with the track lengths. I really wanted to like her but it wasn't easy at first because of her being so avantgarde - I remember someone on my IG feed posting a pic of his Vulnicura, Homogenic and Post CDs and thinking "oh I really want to like her because of her unique aesthetic" so I downloaded a bunch of stuff but kinda forgot about it. 

Early 2016 my boyfriend wanted to get into her music as well so we both started listening to her albums and around March 2016 Vulnicura finally hit me - hard. We both got obsessed with her and started ordering her older albums from Amazon for cheap and going around flea markets, looking for her CDs and we were surprised to actually find some - the copy I have of Medúlla is a bit damaged, the cover is scratched and sticky so I've left in my shelf and I never look at it. I got my copy of Homogenic used on Amazon, it's the digipack release and the covers are somewhat damaged so I've been thinking of buying the jewel case as well but I still haven't. I think the only brand new CDs I bought back then were Vulnicura, VoltaVespertine and Biophilia. I got one of the Army of Me singles on Amazon as well and it was sold as used but I was surprised to find out that it was still wrapped in plastic. I still lived with my parents at the time and boy did they get absolutely sick of me listening to Vulnicura all the time - even my boyfriend got tired of it. Homogenic also got a lot of plays.

Fast forward to August 2017, thinking of what I thought about her in 2015 felt like a distant dream. By this point she felt like a deity to me and I held her in high regard. I pre-ordered Utopia immediately as they announced a new album coming out by the end of the year, tried to find the Dazed issue from every store I went to and eventually called my parents to look around as well since they live on the other side of the country and they did. I was obsessed with The Gate and especially the album itself when it came out. I remember her going on tour and just dreaming of her coming to Finland (her previous concert had been on Biophilia tour) so when I got the news in the middle of the day from my friend like 4th of June in 2018, I literally started shaking - she was coming to Helsinki in about a month. Putin and Trump decided to meet in Helsinki the day before her concert in July and the venue she was supposed to perform at was used as the official base for media all over the world so I was worried she would have to cancel or postpone the concert but she didn't have to and she performed at the venue as planned. I've previously posted about the concert and being in the first row so I won't get into all that again.

Nothing's really changed since then, I still hold her in very high regard, no one compares to her and what she does - and how she does it. I haven't listened to her music as much since seeing her for the first time but never in a million years would I have thought she'd return to Finland again after only two years. Shit still feels weird and I'm so excited, especially because the orchestral tour has such a few dates and it's going to be a lot different from the Utopia concert I experienced. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us this time, not to sound like a basic bitch but I'm really hoping for orchestral versions of Pagan Poetry and Army of Me just because I haven't heard the songs live yet and the first one especially would be quite something  :flutter: