Sign in to follow this  
LDRO

Lana Del Rey Covers 'FASHION' Magazine

I'm already going to pick up this mag for a few members :P, just let me know by the 15th :P Mabye we could trade magazines 

TZk1z.png

I'm already going to pick up this mag for a few members :P, just let me know by the 15th :P Mabye we could trade magazines 

I want it :oprah:

Hopefully she talks more about her new album! I swear, every "stacked a cappella", "Spanish guitar", "western", "spiritual", "stripped back" adds a year to my life span.

I want it :oprah:

Hopefully she talks more about her new album! I swear, every "stacked a cappella", "Spanish guitar", "western", "spiritual", "stripped back" adds a year to my life span.

She usually spills the info when she is being asked, so I t all depends on the interviewer.

I can't wait!!! :woot:

On the inspiration behind her cover look: 
“Every shoot I do, I have a theme. I’ve been watching old Spanish films and my new record has a Spanish guitar on it so that actress-signorita vibe so its been on my mind. We always listen to The Eagles “Hotel California” while we get ready.

Yes, Lana, get them acoustics. Ditch (or at least dramaticaly reduce) the beats. Don’t let Emile touch anything.

On being called anti-feminist: “I get it. It looks like I’ve chosen a path of submission. But I’m a modern day woman in so many senses. I pay my way and work hard for things but it is my choice that at the end of the day I have a dominant male in my life that is hands-on. Someone who wants what he wants the way I do. I get so tired of trying to have it only my way, it’s nice to have someone else who also has their life and opinions. I have to be so assertive in life that its nice to feel escape through a really passionate romance.”

I’m not going to lie, this pisses me off so much, mostly because people who call her anti-feminist don’t have a clue what feminism actually stands for (thank you, tumblr feminazis, for turning the topic into a joke). Most people now think that if a woman doesn’t act manly and doesn’t call tiniest of shots in a relationship, she’s automaticaly anti-feminist, even if that’s what makes her happy and that’s how she wants it. It’s not like Lana goes about the world and tries to promote female submission as the one and only dynamic a relationship could possibly have. God. I’m just gonna kill it here, before I turn it into a long and boring rant.

On her romance with Scottish rocker Barrie-James O’Neill: “He’s on tour and opens for me. We sing some Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood duets together. I’ve been seeing him for a year and a half and he’s even more of a meticulous, devout artist than I am.  He can’t keep his hands off the piano, ever. Whenever I’m not writing he always asks, ‘why aren’t you writing?’ We kick each others asses. We give each other input every night.”

Gimme. Now.

On her musical philosophy: “Einstein said ‘your imagination is more important than intelligence,’ and I have a very, very big imagination. I love to live in my internal world and will never stop seeking influences and visions for my art.

This is good to hear, since many people had the feeling she was running out of ideas. Guess we’ll see how she lives up to this claim when her new album comes out, but from the little info we have on it, it sounds fantastic. I hope I won’t overhype it in my mind, though.

Wait why do we presume she's about to turn 28?

well, we know she's turning 28 this year. Seeing as she lists her birthday year as 1985 (which would make her 27 now) on her personal facebook. That most articles from 2010 and before list an age that again, would make her 27 now and that in the copyright office, Rock Me Stable is listed as written by an Elizabeth W. Grant born in 1985 ...it's safe to say she was not born in 1986 and will be turning 28 this June.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Can anyone buy/pick up extra magazines and maybe supply deets of how or if they will post to other members? Will pay if you have PayPal/ebay..... :bliss:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

well, we know she's turning 28 this year. Seeing as she lists her birthday year as 1985 (which would make her 27 now) on her personal facebook. That most articles from 2010 and before list an age that again, would make her 27 now and that in the copyright office, Rock Me Stable is listed as written by an Elizabeth W. Grant born in 1985 ...it's safe to say she was not born in 1986 and will be turning 28 this June.

How do we know that she didn't pretend to be a year older before 2010?

How do we know that she didn't pretend to be a year older before 2010?

We don't, but it seems unlikely to me that the DOB on her personal Facebook account and her copyright filings would be the one she lied about.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.