Creyk

"Young and Beautiful" - Music Video

I don't know what I just saw or what I'm about to say actually will make any sense, but the video reminded me of the Apple 1984 Superbowl commercial. Where Lana's fan base (us) are the ones sitting behind the screen just bedazzled and Lana's the woman sprinting in just liberating all of us. Sorry I just had a moment there~ :hairflip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSnW-ygU5g

I DO LIKE IT THO

EQFO7rX.png

I can't wait for your remix tbh :excited:

You will really wait for this...except if you make some action and make donation for my hdd. hahahhahahaha...

I already have a concept in my head, but I don't want to make it on my laptop because It could be weak. So as I said...

You will really wait for this... :omfg2:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

She looks so beautiful. I think she has/will gain more fans or at least interest from people from this song. Her lipstick/earrings/face/everything tho.. :flutter:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

The Fantasia reference (Disney animated film from 1940) was quite intentional. Several mentioned that vibe in youtube comments (as did Colacunt above). The video is not very egotistical as the balance between Lana and the orchestra is very good. I googled 2 tears in solidarity and got a (very remote) Boston Marathon reference, but who can say? When you consider the two other videos of hers, recently released, I'm not too disappointed in the lack of flamboyance here. It sort of looks like something MTV wouldn't touch with the proverbial 10-foot pole (and maybe that's its point). So it will be kind of interesting if they end up showing it sometime.

I actually quite liked the video with the vivid red, and the dramatic composer it was quite nice, as for those teardrops she literally glamourises gansta life so much.

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

I like it. Her smile is so gorgeous, those close ups of her are awesome and orchestra is cool(but little too much). I miss some different shots which could show her sexey body more.  :twirls: They didn't really have to go BTD or BJ epicness, but they could have done it better, even with that same set.

'2 tears in solidarity' hmm wonder what this means

Teardrop tattoo 

"It is sometimes worn by the female companions of prisoners in solidarity with their loved ones.[/size]%5B5%5D:awk: 

:O Just when I was beginning to think K might not be real...

The Fantasia reference (Disney animated film from 1940) was quite intentional.

Definitely.

Is it just me or does it seem like they didn't do many takes of her lip-syncing and/or the editing is poor? I felt like her facial expressions often didn't fit what she was singing about. Aside from the possible K references and her looking lovely as usual, this video didn't do much for me. I think I would have actually preferred a video with clips from the movie instead of the orchestra and I'm usually not a fan of videos like that.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I don't know what I just saw or what I'm about to say actually will make any sense, but the video reminded me of the Apple 1984 Superbowl commercial. Where Lana's fan base (us) are the ones sitting behind the screen just bedazzled and Lana's the woman sprinting in just liberating all of us. Sorry I just had a moment there~ :hairflip:

I DO LIKE IT THO

Sbk5

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Urbandictionary:

"Traditionally the tattoo tear signified that the wearer had killed someone. The meaning of the tattoo however can vary between ethnicity and region. For example in australia, a tattoo tear is sometimes forefully tattooed on an inmate who had sexually assualted a child. More recently the tattoo tear has come to mean a fellow family or gang member has dies while the wearer was incarcerated. If you do not fit any of these criteria don't get a tear tattoo."

"the wearer had killed someone", she's wearing two tears which led me to think about Kill Kill. In For K she sings "double homicide". She's wearing his guilt?

Also, it says on this website  "If the teardrop tattoo is just in the form of an outline, it implies that a friend of the wearer was killed." She's said that most of her friends are dead. She also specified in For K "K's a friend of mine". So maybe she's not romantically linked to K  :tsk:

But (gatsby-spoiler) don't two people die in gatsby?

^ Yeah, but as TPD alluded to, Lana wrote "2 tears in solidarity" when she posted it on Facebook. TPD's theory that it's in solidarity with an incarcerated lover fits with a lot of our Lanalysis and is much more plausible than the notion that she killed someone.

That's why I wrote "she's wearing his guilt?" I was just expanding on the tattoo theory

That's why I wrote "she's wearing his guilt?" I was just expanding on the tattoo theory

Oh, sorry. I didn't read that carefully the first time.  :facepalm: That's actually an interesting theory, that the two tears might be related to K's two homicides.  :hdu:

:gclap:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I feel sad that there are more scenes showing the orchestra than Lana herself. And there isn't anything really new because Lana always looks stunning and her music videos are always beautiful. I really like it but in all honesty it's not something I'd watch a lot of times.