Creyk

"Young and Beautiful" - Music Video

Yup. Seems like the producers went all:

"Lana, the internett is pissed off, we need to make a video!"

And she sighs and goes all: "Okay. Let me get my lipstick and rhinestones first. I can look seductively and hauntingly into the camera for about 20 minutes, but after that I need a cigarette."

:lmao: :lmao:  OMG I LOVE YOU :lmao:

To be quite (brutally) honest: I think my opinion of Lana is going downhill. I'm not in love with Y&B and this video disappointed me, too. I just know that she can do so much better. I think her career in modeling and covering magazines is more impressive at the current moment. I'd much rather look at the photos from FASHION than this video. Don't get me wrong, I still think her voice and appearance is beautiful, but as for the lyrics and video visuals, I feel as if Lana is losing creativity. I think I've heard enough about diamonds and Bel Air and I've seen enough silhouette orchestras. I feel like she's dragging on and she needs to do something new. I hope I don't sound like a total bitch for saying this, though. I really do appreciate all the hard work she has put into her career for the fans. 

To be quite (brutally) honest: I think my opinion of Lana is going downhill. I'm not in love with Y&B and this video disappointed me, too. I just know that she can do so much better. I think her career in modeling and covering magazines is more impressive at the current moment. I'd much rather look at the photos from FASHION than this video. Don't get me wrong, I still think her voice and appearance is beautiful, but as for the lyrics and video visuals, I feel as if Lana is losing creativity. I think I've heard enough about diamonds and Bel Air and I've seen enough silhouette orchestras. I feel like she's dragging on and she needs to do something new. I hope I don't sound like a total bitch for saying this, though. I really do appreciate all the hard work she has put into her career for the fans. 

I completely agree. Lately, she's just been reusing the same themes and it's time she tried something new. But I love what she's been doing with the tour so far

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif

But I love what she's been doing with the tour so far

Same! I think her live performance has gotten so much better  :flutter: Except  I could go without some of her new makeup choices, hahaha.

I kind of agree about Y&B, but, out of curiosity, would you feel this way if it was on Paradise, as it was initially supposed to be? I feel like it's more scrutinized because it's a single. Now if her next album is a turd, then I'd start to worry, but for now, I'll reserve my judgment. Not that I'm trying to force you my opinion or anything.

I kind of agree about Y&B, but, out of curiosity, would you feel this way if it was on Paradise, as it was initially supposed to be? I feel like it's more scrutinized because it's a single. Now if her next album is a turd, then I'd start to worry, but for now, I'll reserve my judgment. Not that I'm trying to force you my opinion or anything.

I wasn't really too impressed with Paradise, anyway, so no, my opinion probably wouldn't change. I just think Born To Die shits all over everything she's ever done, and I think it will be hard to top but I know she can do it.

I think it's difficult to say that she's going downhill on the basis of the only track released since Paradise, and a seemingly phoned-in video. If you disliked Paradise, too, then fair enough, but I think that judgement should be reserved until we have more substantial new material to make an informed statement. Both Young & Beautiful and this video have quite clearly not been her primary focus; considering that this track is lyrically adapted for the movie rather than a bespoke creation, and that the video was likely done inbetween recording sessions, photoshoots, possibly touring (if having to "re-record" is accurate) then she's obviously going to stick to what she knows, play it safe, and not devote all of her time and attention to it. 

I do agree that Young & Beautiful and this video are far from her best work, but I wouldn't use it against her just yet.

I wasn't really too impressed with Paradise, anyway, so no, my opinion probably wouldn't change. I just think Born To Die shits all over everything she's ever done, and I think it will be hard to top but I know she can do it.

Oh, well, BTD is imo the worst thing she's ever done, though still good enough to make me notice her, so by no means bad. It was just hit or miss for me and production kinda made it sound all as one long song and while I can listen to anything else she's done all day, BTD is really exhausting for me. Poor girl, polarizes everyone, even her own fanbase.

I think it's difficult to say that she's going downhill on the basis of the only track released since Paradise, and a seemingly phoned-in video. If you disliked Paradise, too, then fair enough, but I think that judgement should be reserved until we have more substantial new material to make an informed statement. Both Young & Beautiful and this video have quite clearly not been her primary focus; considering that this track is lyrically adapted for the movie rather than a bespoke creation, and that the video was likely done inbetween recording sessions, photoshoots, possibly touring (if having to "re-record" is accurate) then she's obviously going to stick to what she knows, play it safe, and not devote all of her time and attention to it. 

I do agree that Young & Beautiful and this video are far from her best work, but I wouldn't use it against her just yet.

I think you might have misunderstood.. I don't think she, or her music, is going downhill. It is still so above anything and everything other artists on the radio are doing right now. I'm saying that my personal opinion of her might be falling because of the style of her most recent work. It's not just Young & Beautiful, it's also the songs she's been covering. Chelsea Hotel No. 2 was nice, but I am just a huge fan of her more upbeat and hip-hop influenced music. I think she's moving away from that, thus why my opinion of her songs are falling. Like I said, I still she is above any other artist right now.

Oh, well, BTD is imo the worst thing she's ever done, though still good enough to make me notice her, so by no means bad. It was just hit or miss for me and production kinda made it sound all as one long song and while I can listen to anything else she's done all day, BTD is really exhausting for me. Poor girl, polarizes everyone, even her own fanbase.

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how you can say it's "one long song", haha  :P Video Games and Off to the Races are two completely different styles. I think BTD is actually a very variety-filled album!

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how you can say it's "one long song", haha  :P Video Games and Off to the Races are two completely different styles. I think BTD is actually a very variety-filled album!

I mean, if you just have it playing in the background, the last couple of songs have really lazy production with the same freaking beats, that make them sort of blend into each other. The production works well in some songs, like OTTR, Blue Jeans (I could do without the loon, tho),etc. but songs like MDM really sound better when they're stripped back, imo. Don't even get me started on Diet Mountain Dew, I'll take demo anyday over that annoying... thing. Don't get me wrong, I do love me some upbeat Lana, but there are songs for that.

I think you might have misunderstood.. I don't think she, or her music, is going downhill. It is still so above anything and everything other artists on the radio are doing right now. I'm saying that my personal opinion of her might be falling because of the style of her most recent work. It's not just Young & Beautiful, it's also the songs she's been covering. Chelsea Hotel No. 2 was nice, but I am just a huge fan of her more upbeat and hip-hop influenced music. I think she's moving away from that, thus why my opinion of her songs are falling. Like I said, I still she is above any other artist right now.

Ah right, sorry! I think with her recent works and whatnot, she's trying to cater to the image and style that she's established with BTD and Video Games in particular. Lana needs to keep the hype high until her next album comes out, and so she's doing that by focusing - in terms of releases - on what is assured to be successful. I'm in love with her more upbeat stuff, too, and I'm sure we'll get a hefty amount of that on the new album - but until then, I don't think we'll see much. This is sort of why I'd guess OTTR, and Lolita etc. (the former especially) haven't been released as singles. 

Ah right, sorry! I think with her recent works and whatnot, she's trying to cater to the image and style that she's established with BTD and Video Games in particular. Lana needs to keep the hype high until her next album comes out, and so she's doing that by focusing - in terms of releases - on what is assured to be successful. I'm in love with her more upbeat stuff, too, and I'm sure we'll get a hefty amount of that on the new album - but until then, I don't think we'll see much. This is sort of why I'd guess OTTR, Lolita (the former especially) haven't been released as singles. 

I'm just getting this negative feeling from her recent works that we're not going to get many more upbeat songs and it truly scares me.. :( 

I'm just getting this negative feeling from her recent works that we're not going to get many more upbeat songs and it truly scares me.. :(

Well stop bitching here. When she was Lizzy Grant and had upbeat songs, nobody cared about her. She has refound herself again as  Lana Del Rey who is known for her slow retro ballads singing in low register. And this whole mysterious image works for her and really captivated people...  Honestly I dont think she can stay famous with spears-wannabe songs like St. Tropez; they are not distinctive or original, anyone could sing them. 

:derpna:

I can get that :( But keep your hopes up! I'm sure we'll have a couple on the next album, at least - but if not, there's still unreleased material to leak and that's surely going to include a few upbeat tracks to satisfy the need.

I love the song and the video. Those of you who don't like just need to find someone else to like. The song is beautiful, she's beautiful and the video with the orchestra and the cinematography is so awesome.

What I really love about this video is that there no scenes from the movie. Just Lana the orchestra. I love the close-ups and the direction. Great video. 

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah, blah....

The song is fantastic, as is the video. We're lucky we even got one. Infact, how many videos did we get this year???????? Exactly.

Enjoy it while it lasts. :diva:

Don't get me wrong, I still think her voice and appearance is beautiful...I really do appreciate all the hard work she has put into her career for the fans. 

I feel like 90% of these posts are directed at me so can I just quote myself?  :crossed: