M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

House music is alive and breathing 

who are the current faces of House though? 

------------

also i find it weird shes only talking about this now, and not somewhere around  2015-2017

Here’s my take on her IG story post. Don’t take what I am about to say personally. This is just my observation;

1. She makes fun of Lana’s weight and it’s not a news headline. No one calls her out on it. It’s not even discussed.

2. Lana mentions a handful of other artists and discuss how the entertainment press covers them in comparison to Lana. Lana says that the press has a double standard in regard to how they cover women in music. She was not criticizing those artists and there was nothing racist about what she said. But Lana gets criticized and called racist.

So here is what we have;

1. Azeilia Banks (a black woman) says nasty things about Lana Del Rey (a White woman) and her weight. She body shams her and violates the community standards on Instagram. She has not been banned from Instagram. Does Azeilia Banks get called a racist? No. Does she get called sexist? No. Does she get called mysogonistic? No. Does the media write op-Ed’s about how wrong her comments are? No. Does the press even notice what she said? No.

2. Lana Del Rey criticizes the music industry and critics and she gets called racist.

The reality....

1. Lana has been PROVEN CORRECT about the double standards. Her IG post from May has been proven to be CORRECT and FACTUAL.

2. Lana mentioned some black artists and she is labeled racist. Azeillia Banks body shams a white woman and no one calls it racist. No one calls it out.

The verdict;

Had Lana Del Rey made fun of Azeilia Banks’ appearance she would be called racist. Azeilia Banks criticizes Lana’s appearance and gets away with it.

Azeilia Banks is privileged. Lana Del Rey is held to a double standard.The media is clearly bias and is trying to divide people.

She is total trash.

1. She makes fun of Lana’s weight and it’s not a news headline. No one calls her out on it. It’s not even discussed.

2. Lana mentions a handful of other artists and discuss how the entertainment press covers them in comparison to Lana. Lana says that the press has a double standard in regard to how they cover women in music. She was not criticizing those artists and there was nothing racist about what she said. But Lana gets criticized and called racist.

So here is what we have;

1. Azeilia Banks (a black woman) says nasty things about Lana Del Rey (a White woman) and her weight. She body shams her and violates the community standards on Instagram. She has not been banned from Instagram. Does Azeilia Banks get called a racist? No. Does she get called sexist? No. Does she get called mysogonistic? No. Does the media write op-Ed’s about how wrong her comments are? No. Does the press even notice what she said? No.

2. Lana Del Rey criticizes the music industry and critics and she gets called racist.

The reality....

1. Lana has been PROVEN CORRECT about the double standards. Her IG post from May has been proven to be CORRECT and FACTUAL.

2. Lana mentioned some black artists and she is labeled racist. Azeillia Banks body shams a white woman and no one calls it racist. No one calls it out.

The verdict;

Had Lana Del Rey made fun of Azeilia Banks’ appearance she would be called racist. Azeilia Banks criticizes Lana’s appearance and gets away with it.

Azeilia Banks is privileged. Lana Del Rey is held to a double standard.The media is clearly bias and is trying to divide people.

No one says anything about what 4z34li4 has to say because she's a non factor rn, no one listens to her music, she's over for a while now!

Here’s my take on her IG story post. Don’t take what I am about to say personally. This is just my observation;

So here is what we have;

The reality....

The verdict;

Lana Del Rey called herself (a white woman) delicate in the same rant that she started by saying Beyoncé (a black woman) just makes songs about fucking and cheating. That was racist. I don't care about Lana being "body shamed"!

So here is what we have;

The reality....

The verdict;

I completely disagree. In my opinion, Lana made some choices with her rant in that post and maybe people went a bit far with the racist thing but the post was certainly problematic and I agree with people calling her out for it. But you can't say Azealia is not being called out for bodyshaming Lana, we just have to understand that obviously both artists do not have the same exposure. I'm seeing a lot of people attacking Azealia on Twitter for her comments and I'm sure it'll only get bigger and bigger. If we talk about the press making headlines about this, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't only because they fear how Azealia might clap back since she's not known for being silent.

I really can't see why you'd even think Azealia is privileged. Azealia has had feuds with a lot of people and she's got a lot of shit for that throughout her entire career (might even be the reason why her music is not doing well anymore) but she's certainly not privileged. Her social media has been deleted lot of times for the comments she's made in the past and she's been punished a million times just like she probably will be for bodyshaming Lana.

I think what Lana did in May and Azealia did right now have complete different consequences basically because of exposure. Lana mentioned some of the biggest names out there. Of course Ariana, Nicki, Bey, Cardi fans would come to that post and not be nice.

And to be finished, Azealia might be completely wrong for bodyshaming Lana, but there's certainly no reason to call Azealia racist for attacking Lana. Why would that even be a thing?

She's well known as a nut job by now. I can't ever take her seriously lmao, and neither does the industry anymore. She's talented as a singer/rapper but after her countless controversies and erratic behaviour for years, her reputation precedes her now.

I have no sympathy for overly narcissistic, fame hungry trolls who relish in being absolutely scummy to people who don't even acknowledge her.

Let her talk. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven