MarryTheSequins

Concert Experience (Meeting Lana + Pics!)

So we got to the venue around 1pm so we'd have a good place (hopefully near the barrier), but the queue was really small and we managed to get into the priority queue which was fabulous! We knew Lana would be arriving at the venue at some point so another girl and myself waited around the stage doors while our friends held our spot in the queue. We kept meeting the members of Kassidy (except Barrie) and other random tech guys/security people which we kept asking about Lana's arrival. We saw some fairly interesting stuff:

599452_10201315005943916_692445266_n.jpg260275_10201315009864014_804801955_n.jpg

260304_10201315013704110_1214502455_n.jp

I have another picture of the truck and a closer picture of the guy's pass if anyone wants

After waiting in the wind and rain and hail and occasional sunshine for 3 hours, a random guy told us to wait by the stage doors further down and that she'd be here in a few minutes. I found out that he was a 'fan' (aka autograph collector who sells her signatures for money) and so has met her several times. Finally, she arrived! She saw my flower crown and sort of gasped and smiled and I was about to take a picture but my stupid camera wasn't working so she went and signed some people's things, and took her time! Honestly, she was so so genuine and lovely.

She went inside (but only to put down her handbag) and a few more people had gathered round (fans + paps) and some annoying couple had pushed in front of me ('Lana please have a photo we need to drive home to London Lana Lana...') so after she had seen to them, another girl who had just had Lana's name tattooed on her boob, she went inside again and was about 2 minutes. She came back out with her bodyguards and they each were holding about 5 copies of the limited edition Paradise boxset (that sold out!) and they had all been signed by Lana. Everyone was holding their hands out for one, and Lana had one copy left and looked up at me and put it in my hands, then went back to signing things. Alas, some other girl had her hand on my limited signed Paradise and snatched it out my hand! Then had the nerve to stand directly in front of me (I probably would've been next to have a photo with Lana) and she got her photo. It would have made me angrier, but Lana was right in front of me and I kept blurting out things like 'you're so pretty!' 'you're perfect!' and she had this big gorgeous smile the whole time, and she was like 'I'm not!'. Her security people kept saying no to everyone who said 'can I have a picture please Lana?' but she replied 'stop telling me just give me 2 more minutes' and Lana carried on signing away. Anyway, after these other basic hoes who hadn't been waiting for 3 hours had got their pictures, I FINALLY got a picture with Lana and my friend, and I look like a mess but she is adorable.

970574_10201315056105170_1756277074_n.jp

I'm going to have to make a separate post about the actual show lmao, but I forgot to mention she kissed my cheek!

934014_10201315017384202_1380812464_n.jp

Pics of Lana signing:

970827_10201315012744086_1157382812_n.jp

253236_10201315015464154_1944571819_n.jp

385338_10201315016264174_1527894793_n.jp

Part 2 coming soooon

nhemaxW.gif

So once we'd met Lana, we ran back to our spot in the queue, shaking and early in tears. We decided to go back not only because we needed to make sure our spot was safe, but Lana was still meeting fans and we'd had our turn! Once we got into the venue, WE GOT THE BARRIER! :icant:

So I've never had the barrier at a concert before, which is why it's a big deal, but I felt so much more calm about seeing Lana now that we'd met her, and once Kassidy had performed and Cola started, she walked down the front and she held my friends hand for a second or two. We kept on getting completely crushed, and the people behind me in the GA were absolutely mental (literally jumping on my back and shoulders and clawing at Lana whenever she was anywhere near us) but it was so worth it. Regardless of meeting Lana and being at the barrier (although it definitely makes the experience better), the show is phenomenal. If you compare her vocals of last night to that SNL performance (or any earlier performance where her vocals aren't 100%), it's almost like she's a different singer. I don't recall hearing one single flaw through the whole night.

I'm almost certain that each time she looked over at where we were and smiled, she was making eye contact with me, because when she came round at national anthem at the end, she smiled really enthusiastically and said 'Hi!' to me, right into my eyes (still not got over that yet) and I asked for a picture and she got next to me and her cheek was pressed right against mine, and I don't know if it was a curse or a blessing that my camera was being slow because she stayed next to me for a few seconds until my camera finally took the picture. Luckily, this photo is a lot nicer than the hot mess taken earlier! Although Lana looks amazing in both, I'm happier with my barrier picture.

971365_10201317263720359_873051536_n.jpg

I am so so lucky! I would recommend you go to the tour if you have the chance, if not for the chance of meeting Lana then just because it's an amazing show. The vocals are on point, the band is AMAZING (I spoke to one of the guys in the band after the show and he said that they had worked really really hard for months and months) and therefore even just the instrumentals are perfect too. I would've met Lana after the show again but there were loads and loads of people, so I would've just had a glimpse of her, and I think I'm lucky enough to have had 2 encounters anyway. I hope you enjoy my pics! Please ask if you want to use any or want me to upload more, but here are my favourites. (I did get a beautiful derp)

936873_10201315027424453_785095836_n.jpg

164911_10201315028184472_1843867327_n.jp

971809_10201315029824513_26934176_n.jpg

255482_10201315040224773_204538067_n.jpg

417884_10201315040864789_1534291929_n.jp

922910_10201315044504880_1882396918_n.jp

401873_10201315046584932_53043549_n.jpg

945695_10201315047104945_1979773192_n.jp

165492_10201315047904965_1081911161_n.jp

Derp!

nhemaxW.gif

I'm so happy for you! I really am! I went to the first Birmingham show and I was really close to meeting Lana but she arrived after doors opened :(

It really did shock me just how amazing it was, congrats for getting to the front - i was sitting but I had a clear view of her meeting fans and there really is a massive difference of being right at the front and any further back.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Ugh, you are so lucky! I'm totally jealous!

It was raining all of Sunday 12th, so I don't think she would've come out to meet fans if we waited out back anyway! And you were lucky enough to get the barrier, that's crazy. People have yet to have 1 encounter with Lana and you had 2 in the same day! She looks so perf and you look so happy :-) I'm really happy for you!

:defeated:

You are soooo lucky! Wow so do you reccomend running behind the venue to catch her? Btw what time did she arrive?

she arrived about half 6, but her security said she's not very consistent with her timings, so you can't guarantee what time she'll arrive. We waited around the stage doors, but we also had someone to hold our place in the queue, so you need to decide which to do if you're on your own and standing. If you're seated, go for it!

nhemaxW.gif

she arrived about half 6, but her security said she's not very consistent with her timings, so you can't guarantee what time she'll arrive. We waited around the stage doors, but we also had someone to hold our place in the queue, so you need to decide which to do if you're on your own and standing. If you're seated, go for it!

Yeah I am on my own. So take it she didnt do a sound check?

I read everything and it was so worth it! Seriously, you have no idea of how much it makes me happy when I read stories like this, of real fans meeting their loved artists! I am so glad for you!

You look absolutely gorgeous as well, and I love all of your pictures. Hoping that someday I have such a great experience like you've had with Lana! :D

Yeah I am on my own. So take it she didnt do a sound check?

Her security said that they needed her to stop signing things because she needed to do a tech run or there wouldn't be a show at all, but she insisted on signing everyone's stuff so idk sorry, I'm guessing she did one

I read everything and it was so worth it! Seriously, you have no idea of how much it makes me happy when I read stories like this, of real fans meeting their loved artists! I am so glad for you!

You look absolutely gorgeous as well, and I love all of your pictures. Hoping that someday I have such a great experience like you've had with Lana! :D

Thank you! There were a few people there just for the autographs to sell on, but there were quite a few excited fans! I'm sure you'll have your experience one day, you just have to know where to look!  :brows:

nhemaxW.gif