Sitar

Lorde

so did the Hard Feelings acapella leak? what a beautiful song probably my favorite.

Idk if it did or not bc i saw this edit on SC

https://soundcloud.com/hoemogenic2/sane-feelings

its either official or VERY CLEANLY filtered, but like flawlessly 

All of the Melodrama insttrumentals filter acapellas perfectly

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I've spent two weeks listening to Melodrama and have been entranced since first listen. The entire album is so cohesive and the ethereal production creates such a strong atmosphere around the songs, it feels like I'm living through Ella's every tear, smile, fuck, and projectile vomit at this house party.

My favorites are definitely:

1.) Hard Feelings / Loveless (the haunting screeches before he outro of Hard Feelings send chills down my spine)

2.) Sober

3.) Supercut

4.) The Louvre

5.) Homemade Dynamite

Perfect Places is the ideal closer, except I don't support their decision to make it the second single. I understand the HD controversy but Perfect Places just isn't on the the level of her previous singles and radio will pay no attention to it. Homemade Dynamite has potential to be a moderate Top 10-20 hit. This is definitely an album era and I'm here for it. Just look at the critical acclaim and sales! She's definitely meant to be an album artist and I love it.

Also, is anyone else having an issue with Perfect Places on Apple Music and iTunes? It just says "Track 11" and doesn't always play. I twitter DM'd Lorde about it but she has yet to respond.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Yeah my apple music kept fucking up with Perfect Places, but when I search the album it shows up fine.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I think the album is much stronger than PH, which I already thought was strong. The story, cohesiveness, and control of the album really shines. It definitely seems like a complete project instead of just a collection of similar sounding songs with similar themes. However, I tend to skip like half of the album. It's not that I don't like it, just like some songs much more than others. I think Writer in the Dark is the strongest on the album. The emotion in her voice combined with the lyrics is insane.

Faves:

• Green Light
  • Sober
  • Homemade Dynamite
  • Liability
  • Sober II (Melodrama)
  • Writer in the Dark
Usually skip:
  • The Louvre
  • Hard Feelings/Loveless
  • Supercut
  • Liability (Reprise)
  • Perfect Places

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I usually would at least wanna skip a reprise but Jesus even the reprises are out of this world!!! literally a perfect album. I've also seen some people complain about the long fade outs, but the endings of Hard Feelings and Supercut are two of my favorite moments on the whole record.

H0bDaqU.gif

Okay, I've finally got around to ranking this amazing album. I love every song so don't get me wrong that the last on the list is the "worst" track because it's still great. Don't judge me :D

Hard Feelings / Loveless

Writer In The Dark

Liability (Reprise)

Liability

The Louvre

Sober II (Melodrama)

Homemade Dynamite

Supercut

Sober

Perfect Places

Green Light

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif