shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

Okay apparently she's having a listening party in Stockholm and this album sounds nothing like I expected  :deadbanana:

DEEP END (a bop!): https://vk.com/videos-2385270?z=video-2385270_456239032%2Fpl_-2385270_-2

"Show me your cut baby come clean. Come out of your smoke screen. If you really love me. Open my eyes, bae you burned me."

HARD RAINhttps://vk.com/videos-2385270?z=video-2385270_456239031%2F083dc8073a300d9265%2Fpl_-2385270_-2

"Do you see me, do you want me, do you need me to be near you so you got somebody next to your body, somebody next to your body. Keeping me up, keeping me down, keeping me up, keeping me down."

8nl2OpX.png

Completely different direction, not what I was expecting at all. It’s not necessarily the Lykke that I know and love but I’m willing to give it a shot. It def intrigues me as far as how the rest of the album will sound. I don’t hate it! I think it’s just because it’s something completely different than the expectations I had. Either way good for her, experimenting and stuff. Out of the two tracks we have I’d have to say Hard Rain>Deep End which is so weird because I was absolutely in love with the sound of the tease she shared. Oh well the production and instrumental for DE is awesome but the lyrics and vocals draw me in more on HR. Regardless I’m here to see what’s in store and wish her luck with this new direction and endeavor! I’m sensing a more commercial push. I will add though that the visuals thus far are awesome to me! Long story short it wasn’t as disappointing once I just completely abandoned my expectations and ideas of what her next album was going to sound like. It’s interesting!

I like them a lot! Never thought she would flow so well with trap beats, Trap Lana is shaking. Tbh I like Deep End a little more than Hard Rain, I feel like HR didnt need some of the heavy beats, but whatever I'm loving her experimentation so far, on the bridge she reminds me so much of FKA Twigs and the way she harmonizes some melodies remind me of Carly Rae Jepsen and I'm here for it.

I guess now that she can finally collab with Lana and Rocky  :creep:

8nl2OpX.png

Whoah. Deep End really caught me off guard, but I can't stop playing it. I never imagined her going in a trap-influenced direction, but it somehow works. 

Hard Rain--didn't expect her to experiment so much with the sound/melodies. I'm not sure how I feel about that one. 

Regardless, it's cool that she is switching things up. Have to see how the rest of the album plays out. 

https://www.lifeonstage.de/lykke-li-neues-album-so-sad-so-sexy-erscheint-am-08-juni/29984/

Her album will have tracks produced by Jeff Bhasker (Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Rihanna), Rostam (Solange Knowles, HAIM), Illangelo (The Weeknd), Jonny Coffer (Beyonce, Naughty Boy, Sam Smith), DJ Dahi (BANKS, Ty Dolla Sign), T Minus (Kendrick Lamar, Drake), Skrillex and Emile Haynie (Eminem, Lana Del Rey, Dua Lipa). 

Scheiße  :air:

8nl2OpX.png