shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

album feels super relevant right now, with a break up

feeling so sad but also... so sexy

idk

excited nonetheless

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Not sure if I'm digging the sound because what I live for is intense heartbreaking ballads like Sleeping Alone and No Rest for the Wicked. But she's coming to my city and even though I don't have anyone to go with I kinda wanna treat myself and go alone because I've never been to alone show before and just cry in her presence.

Just don't go before I show you what's behind all of my sorrow
What's inside all of the bullets I throw (oh, oh)
Don't go before I get to say I'm sorry I caused you sorrow
Tonight I really want you to know

kFGQehx.gif

Just got through the first full listen of this album and I'm not sure what to think. I never thought I would hear a Lykke Li song like Jaguars in the air. Not that's it bad, just...different. I need to replay that one a little more. Deep End is still just as catchy as when it first came out and the title track feels like a good sonic summary of the record as a whole. I really like Last Piece. I can see why this album is going to divide fans, but none of her records have ever sounded the same. I'd rather her keep changing and growing and having distinctive eras rather than trying to keep redoing WR/INL. 

Jaguars in the Air has some really weird melodies but those pieces of instrumental really get me, they are so chill and organic I love it

so sad so green v6SlUKs.jpg

8.9 user score? wow I'm impressed I tought it would be like a 6 :lel:

Also she did Deep End with a choir on Stephen Colbert, so bad so epic.

PS: She announced she's going to tour in Europe and North America

8nl2OpX.png

I love the album but it sounds kind of.. cheap? I don't know if that's the word i'm looking for but it sounds off in places, like distorted vocals and stuff like that.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

So, after listening to the whole album about four times and to my faves multiple times, this is my verdict (lol):

My favourite tracks are "jaguars in the air", "two nights", "deep end", "so sad so sexy", "utopia" and "bad woman".

I find myself listening to "jaguars in the air", "two nights" and "bad woman" the most.

I love the album much more than "I Never Learn" for some reason. I like that she has such a fresh new sound but still, her own unique style comes through. The track order is also very well chosen, she's telling us her story and she's telling it beautifully. That made me appreciate even the two singles that I didn't like on the first listen ("utopia" and "sex money feelings die").