You know a man like me, Gotta have a woman that's killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 99d 14h 6m 1s

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

I love her other albums but So sad so sexy is pretty terrible, generic...sounds like something Dua Lipa would release. I like a few songs from it though. But it’s waaaaay below wounded rhymes and I Never learn.

I understamd people not liking the drastic shift of music genre, tbh I couldn't care less, I think a lot of people think electro, pop and trap music is "generic", but that's not the fault of the music, it's the fault of the artist not putting his whole heart in the music.

I think SSSS is an excelent album, she has really good lyrics and vocal delivery and I'm so glad she removed the reverb, the trap beats are so good quality and on point, and it's nice knowing she was a fan of hip hop and trap music for a long time and she's finally trying something she's never done and being so succeesfull

Sometimes I like more SSSS than INL :teehee:
  • DLT and theviolence like this

#683 OFFLINE   KillForLove

KillForLove

Vinyl Record Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 67d 16h 51m 6s

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

I love her other albums but So sad so sexy is pretty terrible, generic...sounds like something Dua Lipa would release. I like a few songs from it though. But it’s waaaaay below wounded rhymes and I Never learn.

I hate the idea that anything that has any kind of comercially popular sound is generic. Jeff Bhaskar and Malay are grammy award winning producers. The production that Malay, Rostam, Illangelo, T-Minus, Bhaskar, and DJ Dahi did on the album was fantastic. As someone who’s a huge fan of new school r&b she literally could not have had a better produced album. The lyrical delivery is more rythmic and uptempo than her other albums but it stands out as a Lykke Li record and the lyrical conent is very similar to her other works. I think its fine to say you don’t like the sound of the album, but to say its generic kind of dismisses the entire album because you don’t personally find that genere of music to be legitimate.
  • Ray, Bootynugget, TheBoss and 1 other like this

e0p7lt9.gif

#684 OFFLINE   theviolence

theviolence

narcohypnia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Locationthe black lodge
  • Fan Since:Late 2013
  • Time Online: 53d 10h 18m 38s

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

Yall hear anything that includes a programmed beat and all of a sudden the music is generic and soulless. SSSS is an amazing album but faux indie try hard fans will automatically discredit it because they can't stand listening to something that a wider audience might also find palatable
  • Bootynugget, KillForLove, TheBoss and 2 others like this

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users