shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

I love her other albums but So sad so sexy is pretty terrible, generic...sounds like something Dua Lipa would release. I like a few songs from it though. But it’s waaaaay below wounded rhymes and I Never learn.

I understamd people not liking the drastic shift of music genre, tbh I couldn't care less, I think a lot of people think electro, pop and trap music is "generic", but that's not the fault of the music, it's the fault of the artist not putting his whole heart in the music.

I think SSSS is an excelent album, she has really good lyrics and vocal delivery and I'm so glad she removed the reverb, the trap beats are so good quality and on point, and it's nice knowing she was a fan of hip hop and trap music for a long time and she's finally trying something she's never done and being so succeesfull

Sometimes I like more SSSS than INL :teehee:

8nl2OpX.png

I love her other albums but So sad so sexy is pretty terrible, generic...sounds like something Dua Lipa would release. I like a few songs from it though. But it’s waaaaay below wounded rhymes and I Never learn.

I hate the idea that anything that has any kind of comercially popular sound is generic. Jeff Bhaskar and Malay are grammy award winning producers. The production that Malay, Rostam, Illangelo, T-Minus, Bhaskar, and DJ Dahi did on the album was fantastic. As someone who’s a huge fan of new school r&b she literally could not have had a better produced album. The lyrical delivery is more rythmic and uptempo than her other albums but it stands out as a Lykke Li record and the lyrical conent is very similar to her other works. I think its fine to say you don’t like the sound of the album, but to say its generic kind of dismisses the entire album because you don’t personally find that genere of music to be legitimate.

Yall hear anything that includes a programmed beat and all of a sudden the music is generic and soulless. SSSS is an amazing album but faux indie try hard fans will automatically discredit it because they can't stand listening to something that a wider audience might also find palatable

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I hate the idea that anything that has any kind of comercially popular sound is generic. Jeff Bhaskar and Malay are grammy award winning producers. The production that Malay, Rostam, Illangelo, T-Minus, Bhaskar, and DJ Dahi did on the album was fantastic. As someone who’s a huge fan of new school r&b she literally could not have had a better produced album. The lyrical delivery is more rythmic and uptempo than her other albums but it stands out as a Lykke Li record and the lyrical conent is very similar to her other works. I think its fine to say you don’t like the sound of the album, but to say its generic kind of dismisses the entire album because you don’t personally find that genere of music to be legitimate.

. Generic means it doesn’t stand out it’s been done and is everywhere. This for me devalues it. I feel it’s just heading in the direction of what is currently trendy. It’s not aimed a a genre because I like RnB and trap. But for me her other albums had a unique and well crafted sound, this for me just feels like it’s attemtping to fit in with the current. I like some of the songs on SSSS don’t get me wrong but for me personally it’s way below par of what she is capable of.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

For me it feels tasteless compared to INL, that was a mature sound a masterpiece. But it just wasn’t commercially accessible which is why I sense she’s shifted more to RnB and trap pop. She does it very well but so many pop girls could put out a record similar to this. But could they do something like wounded rhymes or INL? I seriously doubt it.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Could someone please help me? I can't find a DL for: "Live and In Session" EP and "Spotify Singles". I want to have these on my iTunes.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Thank you so much @@TheBoss :D

Now I'm only missing the "Live and In Session" EP 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Hi guys, I was thinking about going to see Lykke for the first time next week. Do you know if she ever meets fans afterwards / does signings?

I couldn't find any "fan experiences" online so please share 

I don't have an answer to your question, but are you going to see her in London? I'm thinking about going too. :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Hi guys, I was thinking about going to see Lykke for the first time next week. Do you know if she ever meets fans afterwards / does signings?

I couldn't find any "fan experiences" online so please share 

I just saw Lykke Li in Seattle. It was a fucking dream.

I met her before the show, like 5 hours before showtime, and I was the only one there at the time.

I got to give her a painting I made for her and she was really just sweet and receptive.

I know she was meeting fans after the show at almost every other American date (she didn't meet any fans in Seattle after the show).

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18