Sign in to follow this  
pinupgirls

Abercrombie CEO degrades overweight people

I  haven't actually, what did he say? And did he swallow a torch?

"He doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people… He doesn’t want his core customers to see people who aren’t as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they’re one of the ‘cool kids.’"

“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,” he told the site. “Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don’t alienate anybody, but you don’t excite anybody, either,” he told Salon.

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

I'm sure he excited millions of people with his wonderful outlook on life. 

Now there saying what he did was a smart strategy.

Which does somewhat makes sense......the people who don't get kicked out or can find their sizes there will now buy more clothes because they will feel "in"

Now there saying what he did was a smart strategy.

Which does somewhat makes sense......the people who don't get kicked out or can find their sizes there will now buy more clothes because they will feel "in"

But all of the decent people who may have shopped there before will realize how disgusting that man is and stop supporting his company. 

14417469274.gif

And only last week they posted about Lana, and I supported them. I seriously hope that -if- they do approach her, she won't do it! We'll have to explode her twitter.

And why is it always the people making these statements are nothing special themselves?!

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

And only last week they posted about Lana, and I supported them. I seriously hope that -if- they do approach her, she won't do it! We'll have to explode her twitter.

And why is it always the people making these statements are nothing special themselves?!

wait, they posted about Lana? Where? Could you link me? 

I don't think they will approach her, shes not the look they go for I think. He has money, so im sure he feels some type of authority. 

that guy is vile. but i think lagerfeld said something like that too. he doesn't want fat ppl wearing his clothes, only beautiful skinny ppl so he only sells his clothes in small sizes. well i'm not buying from a&f etc. again... 

way to worsen the horrible self image issues teens already have

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I can't find it. You know that mock Abercrombie style shoot she did? They shared it and asked if they should shoot a new one with her.

Rhetorical, but yeah most people with money seem to think it makes them a better person.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Doesn't Abercrombie own American Eagle, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks? 

idk about ae but hollister and gilly hicks belong to a&f

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

abercrombie-ceo_635x250_1368818384.jpg

Well, uh, he's no beauty himself tbh...

So i dont know why he caters for the beautiful kids and complains about the ugly kids, when he was CLEARLY one himself?

What a cunt.

lH7Zs6V.gif      

If I ever have to chance to go to one of those stores, given that they will let me in, I will stick my finger in my mouth and make sure that I vomit all over their recent collection. Maybe next time my anorexic ass will be permitted to shop there without self-worth issues. That's my opinion.