Sign in to follow this  
pinupgirls

Abercrombie CEO degrades overweight people

I just dont get it.

britney.gif

Why would any businessman say this statement aloud ? He can think what he wants but why to discourage any potentional customer. Anyway, this brand doesnt appealto me in any way . It has a kind of dull style, with no idea. I dont really know why he even dares speak about some excitement over fashion.

I can't find it. You know that mock Abercrombie style shoot she did? They shared it and asked if they should shoot a new one with her.

I think that was American Apparel!

20r46kx.jpg

It's all about branding even if is that kind of message he sends. I think what he said says more about US teens than Abercrombie itself. I say US teens because as far as I know Abercrombie its not a international brand and only has stores in US. Anyway I think this brand is very boring. The ads, the cloths, the style. Never changes. Abercrombie bores me to death and I am already dead. The guy is a total idiot by the way. Cool video and cool guy for doing it

Now there saying what he did was a smart strategy.

Which does somewhat makes sense......the people who don't get kicked out or can find their sizes there will now buy more clothes because they will feel "in"

exactly! the range of ages for this brand is what....13-16? teens are highly impressionable at that age and most will defintely use their ability to ~fit in~ to the brand as a confidence booster for themselves. At least, that's what I've generally seen. it's a twisted sort of business strategy in that way. It goes w/o saying that his comments were very rude and hurtful, the thing is that this isn't anything new in big fashion name stores.

All brands target a specific audience, whether or not they speak of it is where things differ. Walk into any major brand store and you'll be sure to find that the employees and most of the customers reflect the brands general aesthetic - this guy just happened to voice that in his statement. He may lose some money from people that have issues with what he said, but I don't see that majorly affecting his overall business. Especially during summertime, Abercrombie is constantly flooded with people and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Summer, Christmas, and back-to-school are all times where that store is surprisingly always loaded with people of all different sizes(!), ages, and races. With that being said, I actually only see this guy's vision falling through with his employees because it doesn't necessary reflect all of the people that continue purchasing the brand. I've seen plenty of 40+ year olds in A&F clothing and I'm also pretty sure I've seen young adults that would be considered overweight in Abercrombie/ A&F clothing. Maybe the reason for the continued demand -despite all the controversy- is that Abercrombie and A&F are brands that are (mostly) easily accessible and the pricing isn't even ~expensive~

His shallow opinion doesn't seem to phase a sufficient amount of people from tanking the business of this guy or any other similar minded “luxury” fashion store owners.

It's sadly the way of the fashion world.

Let me also just say that I kinda laugh anytime people refer to Abercrombie as a "luxury brand," and I say that as a former A&F employee of 2 years. Despite the impressions Abercrombie strives for, it's anything BUT luxury since the price points and quality of clothing aren't anything worth considering as luxury. and by that i mean it's cheaply made clothes thats overpriced for it's bad quality. you're just buying into the brand

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

He looks so bad but does those kind of statements? He's face makes me wanna puke.

I swear one day i will go to one of those shops and just laugh at the people working there just because it's abercombie.\

I'm not gonna wear he's outfits. I always liked more the designs of fancy fashion houses like Versace and Chanel(i wish i could buy them tho). I will just go to H&M instead of Abercombie anyways. 

qqAZ3mU.png

I'm not gonna wear he's outfits. I always preferred expensive fashion from Versace and Chanel so it's not a taste problem. But for everyday clothes i just shop at H&M

No offense, but exactly how does a 14-year old pay for "expensive fashion from Versace and Chanel?"

No offense, but exactly how does a 14-year old pay for "expensive fashion from Versace and Chanel?"

I never said i did. I mean't as like if i find his clothes nice or not  :toofunny:

Sorry for the confusion let me edit that i seem so full of myself here.

qqAZ3mU.png

I never said i did. I mean't as like if i find his clothes nice or not  :toofunny:

Sorry for the confusion let me edit that i seem so full of myself here.

Oh, sorry for misreading that. When I first read your post it seemed like you usually shop at Chanel or Versace, sorry! :toofunny:

It really is sickening. If I was an -um- fashion designer like him, I'd be happy if anyone liked my clothes, it's horrible that anyone would think that! I mean, what's with his face anyway? I don't judge people on looks nearly as bad as him but I can't help but be disgusted that he would say that. Currently looking at my A&F hoodie across my room and I'll probably chuck it in the next charity bag now, haha. I got mine second hand anyway so I guess I'm one of the un-cool, ugly kids he'd spit on if I went one of his stores.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

he's a dick, but i know a lot of brands that dont make clothes for overweight people, its just that they dond say it.

Karl Lagerfeld has made similar statements. I really don't think they are trying to be totally downright mean; 

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

Oh, sorry for misreading that. When I first read your post it seemed like you usually shop at Chanel or Versace, sorry! :toofunny:

I wish :toofunny:

I have a few fancy clothes but i don't shop there on daily basis no :toofunny:

Let's go back to the main subject. That ceo being a bitch.

qqAZ3mU.png