MrRJM1999

#PopIndustry *Applications For Players Now Open*

LANA DEL REY and AMY WINEHOUSE have been offered recording contracts with MOTOWN RECORDS.

LADY GAGA and WYNTER GORDON have been offered recording contracts with PARLOPHONE RECORDS.

PORCELAIN BLACK and FLORRIE have been offered recording contracts with RCA.

NELLY FURTADO and BRITNEY SPEARS have been offered recording contracts with CAPITOL RECORDS.

You can choose to accept or decline these offers. If you accept, you will sign with your respective label. This means that you will have different opportunities throughout the game based on your label (e.g. Parlophone artists may be invited to play a certain festival). These will not count as part of the fortnightly challenges.

If you decline your offer, you are an independent artist. This means that you will not be singed to a label. You may be offered a recording contract by any of the four labels throughout the game, at which point you will get these bonus opportunities to get extra points for your labels - there will be a competition between them.

NOTE: Each judge will "mentor" you and be the 'head' of the label. If you accept the offer they will start a PM with you.

Any singles/albums released (These will be done in the challenges) will chart on the Billboard Top 40.

L4L-Sig1_zpsd1c0fc6e.png

Challenge One: Started From The Bottom

You're ready to make your mark on the music business - what better way to do that than to go on live TV?

The Task: Prepare An Appearance On Live TV To Introduce Your Music To The Public

1. State the name & release date of your debut major label single. Also provide artwork and some information about the song (producers/writers, perhaps the lyrical themes)

2. Prepare a performance of your new record - include some details about the stage and costume/s. Will it be with a band, backing track, or acoustic?

3. Write short answers to the following questions. If you want to, you could write more of your own:

- What's it like knowing that you're closer to your dream of being a star?

- Tell us about -INSERT NAME OF SINGLE- (your new single). How did it come about?

- What can we expect from your music in the future?
- If you could duet with one legend , who would it be & why?

Lady Gaga will appear on Alan Carr: Chatty Man (UK)

Porcelain Black will be a guest on The Late Show (W/ David Letterman) (USA)

Wynter Gordon will feature on The One Show (UK)

Florrie will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (USA)

Lana Del Rey will be a guest on Later... Live With Jools Holland (UK)

Britney Spears will feature on The Tonight Show (USA)

Amy Winehouse will be a guest on The Graham Norton Show (UK)

Nelly Furtado will appear on The Late Late Show (Ireland)

L4L-Sig1_zpsd1c0fc6e.png

Lead Single

nBlL3aV.jpg

Dirty Kisses

Produced by RedOne (like most  of her album) ; Written by Alaina Beaton, Nadir “Redone” Khayat  and Porcelain Black

Tracklist of the single

1.       Dirty Kisses

2.       Dirty Kisses (Live From The Late Show with David Letterman)

3.       Radio Edit

Theme

The song “Dirty Kisses” is about Porcelain having some fun attracting boys one by one. It’s a very sexual song where Porcelain explains how she is obsessed with getting those hook ups with the random boys coming to her. She attract them, have that hook up, get those “Dirty Kisses” from them and then she searches for another victim. Porcelain shows that she isn’t afraid to treat man like some mans do to women. She also shows this way how she is a feminist.

Release

The song will be released digitally the night of the performance on The Late Show with David Letterman.

Interview on The Late Show with David Letterman

What's it like knowing that you're closer to your dream of being a star?

Well I’ve always lived my life like I’ve already arrived to that “stardom” point. I’m very fierce and I don’t really care about the haters and all those people who tried to stop me. So I used to walk in the streets like I already was “famous” and in a very snobbish way. Not that I am a snob, not at all: but I intimidate the haters this way. It’s something that I learned during my childhood: If you’re a freak be fierce or the haters will bring you down.

Tell us about Dirty Kisses. How did it come about?

Well it’s a track I wrote a few years ago during a period where I didn’t have any boyfriend and where became “addicted” if you want to hook ups. The song is about that. Hook ups. It’s also an empowering anthem. A lot of man use women this way but when women do this they are attacked and people say they are sluts. Well I’m not afraid of all that hate. And I show it in that song.

What can we expect from your music in the future?

Well I’ve been doing music for some time now: since 2006. And since then I built a pretty solid image of what I want as an album. It’s very Rock, Dance, Industrial and Pop oriented. It’s really amazing. I love it. I will also probably use my most popular unreleased track that leaked on the internet in it. It’s really an album about being completely lost…. Being in a let’s say insane part of your life. The album will be out soon.

If you could duet with one legend , who would it be & why?

I guess it would be Marilyn Manson. During my “underground” years I’ve been compared to him. He is an amazing rock artist and her music is truly inspiring mine. He is such an icon. I would like to collaborate with him also cause I used to put he’s music up really loud and dance in my small apartment with some of my bets friends for HOURS! All night Long. He’s music is something that really helped me.

Performance

Costume

Top: http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/5d/28/3f/5d283f43b68e5593ece2bebb57cd312c.jpg

With a Leotard under it

Boots/Heels:  http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2drjnr8k51rqpfpho1_500.jpg

Accessories:  http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/736x/50/a7/30/50a7305417ebe83ed4d51db8500436d2.jpg

The show

The stage is covered with metallic in-construction inspired buildings with lots of litter around it. The backing track starts slowly while a guitarist appears on stage. He starts playing the guitar and suddenly fire shoots from the top of the guitar, marking the entry of Porcelain. She appears wearing her costume, and with a microphone. She starts singing while the guitarist is playing the background. 2 dancers arrive from the sides. They start a very detailed choreography. Porcelain after moving slowly around the stage joins the dancers doing the choreography. When the amazing chorus starts, the guitar starts shooting fire, while Porcelain jumps and does the choreo while singing. It all starts again for next chorus. During the breakdown Porcelain starts singing during a remixed part of the song and then suddenly continues singing. Then for the last chorus the dancers hold Porcelain up in the air before she jumps and then she goes in the crowd. To finish the performance, she goes back on stage and  one of the dancers  brings her a guitar. It starts shooting flames while Porcelain is playing. And when the lats beats of the song appear Porcelain starts hitting her feet really hard on the grown to break the heel of her boot. 

qqAZ3mU.png

Lead Single

tumblr_mpgj1jCvCd1syh2moo1_500.png

Love Letters From You

Produced by Timbaland

Written by Nelly Furtado, Rick Nowels and Tim Mosley

Track list

1.       Love Letters From You (5:06)

2.       Love Letters From You  (Radio Edit) (3:54)

3. Love Letters From You (Timbaland Extended Mix) (6:22)

Theme

“Love Letters From You” is a fun and a typical love song. It’s about Nelly having several boyfriends, one for her every need.

Release

The song will be released digitally on the night of the performance, and a CD single will be available the following week.

Interview on The Late Late Show with Ryan Tubridy

What's it like knowing that you're closer to your dream of being a star?

I come from a musical family, and my parents have always encouraged us children to play and sing whenever we have an opportunity. During my late teens I set up a band with a few of my friends, and we played in bars and clubs. I’ve never really dreamt of stardom per se, I just want to sing and inspire my fans.

Tell us about Love Letters From You. How did it come about?

Well, it’s about me, obviously, and I wrote it after a love triangle I had three years ago. I was in a relationship with this wonderful and sweet guy, but I always felt like I was missing out on something. I started seeing this wild guy behind his back, which by the way I do not recommend, and with him I experienced the hottest and wildest things ever *laughs *. In the end, I realized what I was doing was wrong, so I came clean and ended it with both of the guys. And yeah then I kind of just wrote this song, hahaha!

What can we expect from your music in the future?

My parents are Portuguese immigrants, and during my childhood I heard lots of different musical genres, from traditional Portuguese music called fado to Top 40 music, and this had a huge impact on the music I make, but generally I’d classify myself as a pop singer.

If you could duet with one legend, who would it be & why?

Umm, well there are so many artists I’d love to duet with. But if I’d have to choose one it has to be Juanes. Latin music has always been a great interest of mine, and singing other languages than English is very liberating, it inspires me so much. And to duet with someone like Juanes would be a dream come true for me.

Outfit

http://productshots2.modcloth.com/productshots/0122/5926/3d31dec4860a7452f899e48419292277.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/71e09d7e963a2ce4aa2ac1e2dd9fe6f3/tumblr_meuuohfODn1rb175oo1_500.jpg

http://1.design-milk.com/images/2007/01/nervous-system-jewelry-1.jpg

The performance

The stage is very basic, and only band instruments and a few screens are visible. Nelly walks through the studio from the sofas to the scene, and her band starts playing her song. Excerpts from the music video are shown on the screens. Two background singers who also dance a detailed choreography join Nelly just before the chorus. After the bridge Nelly walks up to the audience to sing the last chorus there, and starts shaking hands with a few fans. The band continues playing the instrumental as Nelly greets people, and when Nelly gets back on stage, the song ends.

be jealous  :hoe: