pinupgirls

American Horror Story

Not that anything has been spoiled yet, but I just watched the first season this past weekend and I'm so hyped to jump into the second, so please use the spoiler function if you want to discuss that :heidi:

But it's so good! Immediately hooked me. And I'm here for a coven as a premise.

Not that anything has been spoiled yet, but I just watched the first season this past weekend and I'm so hyped to jump into the second, so please use the spoiler function if you want to discuss that :heidi:

The first season was amazing. Wasn't the ending crazy though? I guess it was too be expected. 

What about the nurse........I always thought she was good, as I still do. Do you think she was good or evil? I mean, after all the men saw her the way they wanted too. 

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

When I saw the first season, I understood why people were hooked. It's a really compelling story. When I heard that Season 2 was set in such a different place, I was worried that the best elements of the show (the fear of the unknown and the crazy plot twists) might not translate as well. I was totally wrong about that. Season 2 outstripped Season 1 in every way imaginable. As much as I love Connie Britton and Sarah Paulson, I have to say that Jessica Lange has stolen the show both times. Lily Rabe's Sister Mary Eunice was another standout character for me, though I didn't care much for her first season character.

I'm quite excited for Coven. Lily Rabe's been confirmed as the lead actress for the season and Frances Conroy has signed on again for a role (probably another witch) that I already know I'm going to love. The hype is definitely building, for me.

When I saw the first season, I understood why people were hooked. It's a really compelling story. When I heard that Season 2 was set in such a different place, I was worried that the best elements of the show (the fear of the unknown and the crazy plot twists) might not translate as well. I was totally wrong about that. Season 2 outstripped Season 1 in every way imaginable. As much as I love Connie Britton and Sarah Paulson, I have to say that Jessica Lange has stolen the show both times. Lily Rabe's Sister Mary Eunice was another standout character for me, though I didn't care much for her first season character.

I'm quite excited for Coven. Lily Rabe's been confirmed as the lead actress for the season and Frances Conroy has signed on again for a role (probably another witch) that I already know I'm going to love. The hype is definitely building, for me.

eh not too happy about that.

Ryan has Gabourey Sidibe, Jessica Lange, Patti LuPone and fucking Angela Bassett at his disposal right now

BzhmW.png

The first season was amazing. Wasn't the ending crazy though? I guess it was too be expected. 

What about the nurse........I always thought she was good, as I still do. Do you think she was good or evil? I mean, after all the men saw her the way they wanted too. 

I go in-between on that.

Like, she was doing some antagonistic bidding with all the seduction, at least at the beginning. Only her appearance seemed to be imagined, not the actual things she did. But then it went on to flesh out some sympathy for her as well as a friendship with the protagonists, without really building a bridge or giving reason between the two sides we saw of her.

I've only heard that the second season is miles better than the first which makes me really excited because I enjoyed the first a lot.

I go in-between on that.

Like, she was doing some antagonistic bidding with all the seduction, at least at the beginning. Only her appearance seemed to be imagined, not the actual things she did. But then it went on to flesh out some sympathy for her as well as a friendship with the protagonists, without really building a bridge or giving reason between the two sides we saw of her.

I've only heard that the second season is miles better than the first which makes me really excited because I enjoyed the first a lot.

Maybe she was neither. The second season is pretty great yes. I can't wait for Coven! Its about witches

Wanna know how season 2 ends?

:P

glgcDdT.gif

Same.

I can't wait for the new season, plus seeing Kathy Bates and Jessica together - goosebumps.

I'd like to see Peter Evans playing the antagonist this time. I really love him but I think he's had a good run playing the main protagonist in the first two seasons. I like the idea of Lily Rabe being the main for S3 only because it's going to be interesting since its about witches so having a female protagonist is an amazing idea... and Taissa Farmiga is back as well! Just by looking at the cast and setting, S3 looks like its going to beat S2 and S1.

In January 2013, series creator Ryan Murphy hinted that a clue about the third season would be hidden in the tenth episode of the second season.[16] In a later interview discussing that episode, he stated: "I sorta feel like for the third version I want to do something that's a little bit more 'evil glamour.' Just something that's a little bit more...one of the things that I missed this season was I really loved having that Romeo and Juliet youth story with Violet and Tate [from the first season]. I want something like that again and we're doing something like that in the third season. And we're contemplating shooting the show in a different place. We're contemplating shooting it in a place in the country where true horror has been."[17] In a later interview, Murphy added that the time period for the season will be modern day. He also stated that the season will take place in multiple locations.[18] Season 3 cast member Frances Conroy has stated that, although she has yet to see any scripts, the setting will be located in New Orleans

Series executive producers and co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have stated that, as with the second season, "many actors" will return in different roles, beginning withJessica Lange.[15] Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson have been confirmed to return, along with Lange. Murphy added that Lange will portray a "real glamour-cat lady."[18] Taissa Farmiga, Violet in the first season, will co-star as a character that is involved in a prominent romance during the third season.[46] Lily Rabe has also been cast as a lead in the third season.[47] Series recurring actress Frances Conroy has joined the season in an unknown role.[46] Oscar-winning actress Kathy Bates has been confirmed to co-star in the third season. She will portray a woman who, at the start, is Lange's character's best friend, but will become her worst enemy.[48] Murphy has stated that Bates' character will be "five times worse than [her] Misery character" and is also inspired by a "true event".[49] On April 29 Murphy announced the addition of Gabourey Sidibe to the cast in an unknown role.[50] On May 13, 2013, Murphy announced via Twitter that Oscar nominee Angela Bassett and two-time Tony Award winner Patti LuPone had joined the cast.[16] It was also announced in May 2013 that Emma Roberts had been added to the cast. Roberts will play Madison, a "self-involved party girl."[5]

God bless you Wikipedia.

Jessica Lange I think always needs to be one of the main characters.

She does an amazing job and she comes off as a very creepy/evil person. She fits really well with the whole cast I think. I am excited to see how Emma Roberts pulls this off, im sure she will. I think she'll be a younger pretty witch and she'll make someone fall in love with her since the whole idea of the third season is sexiness. 

Tate & Violet are my fav  :icant:

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I cannot STAND Tate. What he did to all those teenagers at his school made me hate him that whole season. Ugh I can't even. It especially makes me mad that Violet loves him knowing he did all of that. Well she didn't for awhile but then she started loving him again. UGH

Jessica Lange I think always needs to be one of the main characters.

She does an amazing job and she comes off as a very creepy/evil person. She fits really well with the whole cast I think. I am excited to see how Emma Roberts pulls this off, im sure she will. I think she'll be a younger pretty witch and she'll make someone fall in love with her since the whole idea of the third season is sexiness. 

Jessica Lange is a genius. I remember when she won a golden globe for S1 she just walked up all like, "Yeah I knew I was going to win"  :hooker:

god knows I tried

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I cannot STAND Tate. What he did to all those teenagers at his school made me hate him that whole season. Ugh I can't even. It especially makes me mad that Violet loves him knowing he did all of that. Well she didn't for awhile but then she started loving him again. UGH

I hate Tate too. He was a pig and raped her mom and everything. I just think the character of him is such a genius idea (using that word a lot lately lol) each episode it was like they were unraveling who Tate really was. 

god knows I tried

I hate Tate too. He was a pig and raped her mom and everything. I just think the character of him is such a genius idea (using that word a lot lately lol) each episode it was like they were unraveling who Tate really was. 

I agree. He was almost like the basis of the show.Without his character, the show would have been nothing. I still continue to hate him though. I like Kit though! 

Question....

why did the prostitute find the pictures in the doctors room of the girls tied up and whatnot if hes not the woman killer? 

Also, if Kit really did get abducted, why did they think he was the lady killer? Was he found next to his skinned "wifes" body or did the doctor have some contact with the aliens and set it up? How would he have known aliens would come to kits house that day? 

Question....

why did the prostitute find the pictures in the doctors room of the girls tied up and whatnot if hes not the woman killer? 

Also, if Kit really did get abducted, why did they think he was the lady killer? Was he found next to his skinned "wifes" body or did the doctor have some contact with the aliens and set it up? How would he have known aliens would come to kits house that day? 

That was a red herring, but because he used to be a Nazi officer I believe it had something to do with that. The Nazis were known to have raped/experimented with Jewish women. This is just my theory though.  :ohno:

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif