pinupgirls

American Horror Story

Apparently the season is getting shortened to 9 episodes instead of the original ordered number of 10.

MESS  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

I could be wrong but I heard a rumour saying they cut the episode down so they could afford to have Lily Rabe make an appearance 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

OK guys I take everything back, I think I was trying to view everything through Cody-colored glasses but I have to admit now this season is so so SO bad and reductive and predictable and the writers are making a damn mess out of everything and everyone. I can't get over how poorly everything is paced, like did they get some new writers who've never written anything before???

I'm happy to eat my words if indeed something miraculous happens but we've just crossed the notorious halfway point where everything gets wiggity whack so who knows.

Next episode's the 100th episode and the promo showed clips of the previous seasons.. hm... They also specifically stated it's the 100th episode so something special should be coming, right? I hope they don't like force it and suddenly bring all the seasons together. Maybe 1984 will have a Hotel crossover since Richard ended up in hotel cortez.

qfrWuBl.png

I have mixed feelings about this season.

I definitely feel like episode 5 kinda made me pretty disappointed because the supernatural elements are too much like a Murder House/Hotel imitation. I don't know how the story can progress with Xavier, Ray and Montana as ghosts. It's pretty obvious they'll resort to killing people in the camp, which is pretty basic and boring in itself if that's all they're going to do until the season is over. Hopefully not, though. 

As for Brooke, she will now most likely being thrown in prison, and I expect we'll get another backstory of hers. But to be honest I don't care for Brooke's character that much to fully invest myself into caring about what eventually happens to her so it could be a snooze-fest. I do hope we see Trevor and Chef Bertie again. They were the best characters this season yet as Ryan LOVES to do, he kills them off. 

But with all the negativity aside, I have genuinely enjoyed this season before episode 5. I do feel like it was more of a horror comedy than serious horror, but I can't really complain because I got a good chuckle out of some scenes, and that I can appreciate. Every episode left me on the edge of my seat, and I enjoyed conjuring up some theories with my AHS mutuals on Twitter.. The promo art was fantastic to begin with, the soundtrack in the season has been fun, and the overall tone was 80's accurate. 

I just hope something becomes of the ghosts at camp redwood. On the plus side, Lily Rabe and Dylan McDermott are returning for episode 6, so this should be good!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm so sure they've been keeping Chet story for last because it's going to be a sad, tragic gay romantic story. It's so obvious. I predict that the real reason he couldn't attend the olympics will be related to some hidden gay relationship or something, and it's gonna be the most interesting point of the episode it appears on

Say whatever you want about this season but 1984 has been amazing so far. :hair:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Okay nevermind I just re-watched the new episode and that kiss scene between Xavier and M*ntana is the most disgusting scene of the whole season. AHS is cancelled

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

That 100th episode was a fucking joke, the season is a diarrhea fart.

You can find my lovely review of the season so far up in this same page but, you know what? this last episode was fucking bad. Disgustingly bad. So so so bad jfklsdjfgklñ

The season was getting better and better until I watched that episode. Just like Apocalypse, I think it was "Sojourn". Horrible episode

I'm loving this season so far, EXCEPT for last episode. What was dat hunny

i feel like this season is such an homage to scream queens which i would appreciate a lot more if I didn't expect so much from AHS by this point in their run 

I think AHS1984 was the original idea for SQ2. Imagine the power that would've had  :defeated:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

i feel like this season is such an homage to scream queens which i would appreciate a lot more if I didn't expect so much from AHS by this point in their run 

Exactly what I've been thinking. Last season was also missing that seriousness and eeriness that the show used to get me addicted to. 

Every other season has been better up to this point. 

I'm actually rewatching Cult rather than catching up on the last episode of 1984  :toofunny: and it's so much better