Anthem

Surprise, Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels
  • Fan Since:Born to Die

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:43 PM

I binged ep 2-8 yesterday after giving up on a friend I was supposed to watch the season with ugh 

I love the 80s so I am probably biased but I like this season a lot. I definitely acknowledge that it is flawed and honestly the ghost counselors are so pointless and so one-track minded that they are annoying. But the season overall is so fun - though I do think they need a little more horror after the first few episodes for this to really be American Horror Story. Emma Roberts has won me over this season though and in ep 8 she looked so much like "Ride" Lana  :flutter: they also better show this music festival they've been hyping up.

Also a small nitpick, but its 2019 can we really stop equating pentacles to Satan.  :facepalm: Also the Richard Ramirez character in general is so annoying at this point, I'm ready for him to die for good. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

#2603 OFFLINE   California Sun

California Sun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:59 PM

I binged ep 2-8 yesterday after giving up on a friend I was supposed to watch the season with ugh 

I love the 80s so I am probably biased but I like this season a lot. I definitely acknowledge that it is flawed and honestly the ghost counselors are so pointless and so one-track minded that they are annoying. But the season overall is so fun - though I do think they need a little more horror after the first few episodes for this to really be American Horror Story. Emma Roberts has won me over this season though and in ep 8 she looked so much like "Ride" Lana  :flutter: they also better show this music festival they've been hyping up.

Also a small nitpick, but its 2019 can we really stop equating pentacles to Satan.  :facepalm: Also the Richard Ramirez character in general is so annoying at this point, I'm ready for him to die for good. 

I think this season would def have been better binge watched. also, a small nitpick but Kajagoogoo did not die in real life and Richard Ramirez never escaped prison  :toofunny:  :facepalm:

#2604 OFFLINE   Lad

Lad

Resistance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts
  • Fan Since:November 2011

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:06 PM

I think this season would def have been better binge watched. also, a small nitpick but Kajagoogoo did not die in real life and Richard Ramirez never escaped prison :toofunny: :facepalm:

Of all things you could nitpick you choose this? AHS is clearly its own universe independent from ours. The ghosts should have given it away...
  • Bartender, True Romance, alejxndro and 2 others like this

#2605 OFFLINE   California Sun

California Sun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:29 AM

Of all things you could nitpick you choose this? AHS is clearly its own universe independent from ours. The ghosts should have given it away...

yea but they often try to be historically accurate so them deviating away from that this season is slightly off-putting

#2606 OFFLINE   alienprincess

alienprincess

rose petals fall like tears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Locationsaturn.
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:16 AM

yea but they often try to be historically accurate so them deviating away from that this season is slightly off-putting

#2607 OFFLINE   California Sun

California Sun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:35 AM

welp... I feel like that was really a waste of a season. I thought the premise and like the first four episodes were really interesting but the back five were largely a let down. I appreciate that all the loose ends were tied up, but the Richard Ramirez inconsistency with Hotel really bugs me. Anyways, my new ranking based on the season ending is:

2 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 7

#2608 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

you smell like a million roses bathed in rock and roll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,050 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:49 PM

The finale was interesting. Kinda upset we didn't get the festival scenes filled with blood, and it almost seems like it was a filler plot. But it was a good, emotional episode. I still prefer the first half of the season than the second.

Spoiler

• Tragic Rabbit likes this

Heroin gold in my veins and you in my thoughts

#2609 OFFLINE   HANGINGFROOT

HANGINGFROOT

iván

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:the 19th century

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:52 AM

What an amazing season. Wow, I'm blown away. Since the very first episode it really captivated me, but I didn't think it would end up being amazing even in the end. I applaud this season and it's definitely my favorite ever. Wow, just wow.

• Tragic Rabbit likes this

:flutter:

#2610 OFFLINE   TrashMagiq

TrashMagiq

hiadtfawlmth-bihi stan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • Fan Since:late 2012

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:00 AM

This season was cute, I'm surprised the ending wasn't absolutely terrible, it was a pretty good ending.

• HANGINGFROOT likes this

#2611 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

angels forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Fan Since:October 2012

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:16 AM

I made all the opening themes into one song. Unfortunately 1984 didn't fit in with most of the song cause the 80's beat just didn't work with the rest, but it still features in 2 parts. 

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Solve et Coagula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users